Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According to
Opricot Open Interest|Volume|Max Pain
this week's options have put contracts in majority up to and including 900$ - so if anything, MM's should have an incentive to move the SP to just above 900$ for Friday's close. Or no?
This url has the number on the bottom of chart.
It will likely adjust some by Fri.
Screenshot_20200205-133342_Chrome.jpg

Good for you. I just sold 50 myself after reading this, but I'm done selling (and no Options like the one I almost bought yesterday). It brought back last year's drama all over again, and I smell a rat. They don't just give a black eye then wait. I'm thinking either last hour or morning would be the second punch, or maybe Friday?

Sorry people. Been bit like this several times. The broad market is also very HOT and China is on hold (kinda) which is why I sold 50 yesterday at near high (super lucky there).

My prediction is the Tesa stock will keep dropping and stay down until the Shanghai factory opens up again and then it will zoom past $1000 maybe in one day.

This url has the number on the bottom of chart.
It will likely adjust some by Fri.
View attachment 508242

Yes, Max Pain for this Friday is currently at 750$.

However, given that a number of especially put (but also some call) contracts are clearly out of reach for even the most skillful manipulation, these outliers have to be discounted when considering what SP Market Makers's could realistically consider as a target for their manipulation.

Feel free to outline a formula for a more realistic SP target for Friday's close than the actual Max Pain.

I am not under the illusion that I can time the market. Indeed, I expect that those shaking the stock price around have the acumen and resources to make the short term behavior very unpredictable

I agree short term movements are unpredictable, but that doesn't mean it's not worth reacting. Perhaps some piece of news hits tomorrow like a new SEC investigation and FUD associated with that causes a large drop in the share price. The timing of this event and the reaction to it would be unpredictable, but if we can see through it as a "nothing-burger" and realize an excessively large reaction has occurred then we take advantage of the event to buy the dip and sell when the price returns to normal. Of course not every dip is worth chasing.

After all the discussion about exercising DITM options, yesterday I took my most profitable call off the table near the top. Then sat on the cash. This morning (my time, I'm in Australia) I exercised 4 call contracts that were for March-May, and turned them into TSLA stock with a cost basis around $410. Diversified a little with the spare cash. I'm happy at the moment.