Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just searched the last few pages for 'chair'.
Why is no one explaining Musk's sudden preoccupation with chairs? Maybe it's something he'll talk about tomorrow.

2020-01-28 at 9.00.30 PM.png

I would like to say that even if and when tesla doesnt meet wildly elevated earnings expectations, the story and progress of tesla keeps marching on. THe growth story remains, and GF3 is just starting to ramp.

I would be curious to know more about stationary battery installations and revenue, and projections for solar rental, new conventional solar pricing, and solar roof projections-- and any chance for direct contracting with new home builders.

And how are they making a 500+ mile range (rumored to be 620 miles) truck and pushing that brick like structure through the air, when just a few years ago, addition of mirrors almost brought the MX to its knees.

And what is the progress of neural net(s) and computer vision, now that HW 3 for FSD is rolling out?

Why is everyone thinking Tesla will report only 250m profit? They sold almost 20k more cars than Q3, more S/X and raised prices. Will be over $500m profit

Elon even tweeted that the shares are underappreciated.
Elon Musk on Twitter
Is that what he meant? I saw the tweet in the afternoon, but didn’t make the connection. I guess I am not smart enough to get these jokes

Why is no one explaining Musk's sudden preoccupation with chairs? Maybe it's something he'll talk about tomorrow.

View attachment 505414
Chairs = Shares
Same type of cryptic message a day before Q3 earnings
"More carrot, less stick"
Elon Musk on Twitter

This along with the email a few weeks ago, pretty much urging employees to ignore stock price and not sell. Elon has this thing set up to squeeze

Why is everyone thinking Tesla will report only 250m profit? They sold almost 20k more cars than Q3, more S/X and raised prices. Will be over $500m profit

Elon even tweeted that the shares are underappreciated.
Elon Musk on Twitter

Ah geez. You think that might be a signal to the faithful that it'll be an awesome quarterly report? Seems like it...

View attachment 505414

What is the main subject of an earnings call? The value of the chairs! Apparently, people are valuing them too cheaply. ;)

What is the main subject of an earnings call? The value of the chairs! Apparently, people are valuing them too cheaply. ;)
Perhaps there is a new "luxury seat" about to be revealed. NOT an interior refresh :) But "lumbar" was mentioned during the recent firmware leak.

TSLA did very well during the after-hours! Well done. Up nearly five bucks.

Chairs = Shares
Elon Musk on Twitter

This along with the email a few weeks ago, pretty much urging employees to ignore stock price and not sell. Elon has this thing set up to squeeze

Elon's been promising the short squeeze of the century for some time now. It hasn't happened yet, apparently, it's been on Elon time. But what Elon wants, Elon gets. Shorts are gonna get squeezed like the big ugly pimples they are. It's gonna be fun unless you have underappreciated the chairs. Not gonna be pretty. I thought it would happen when we hit the $400's. But, guess what? The shorts are even stupider than I thought. They didn't cover!

Got chairs? You don't want to find yourself in that terrible 'musical chairs' situation where, all of a sudden, the music stops. And you don't have enough chairs to sit on. I think the music is about to stop. Got chairs? Tomorrow's gonna be a big day. But nothing like Thursday. :eek:

Last edited:
Chairs = Shares
Elon Musk on Twitter

There is no context to the tweet, it's not a reply to anything. This is more interesting than at first glance. Plausible deniability (lumbar support seats :D )

You have the admit, shorts have done a real number on Tesla's reputation. Tesla won out in the end but it was so much harder than it had to be. They will continue to spread lies and manipulate who they can. Sooner they're gone the better in my humble opinion. I really don't care where they go but would prefer it to be shorting companies that harm our planet or humans etc. There has to be some motivation for a squeeze after what they've put Elon through.

Edit - I suspect the Q3 tweet came after this but he did say "more carrot, less stick" in one of the 30 videos i've watched this month then laughed at it. I believe the interviewer was asking Elon something regarding how he motivates his team to try radical ideas regardless of failure, where in traditional car companies it's more ... if you're not producing something you're in trouble which leads to working on subtle improvements and no real innovation.

I legitimately made this account and named it so, after lurking for years to help combat some of the FUD and contribute to the positive aspects of Tesla.

Last edited:
This is the beginning of the end for ICE companies. Car sales fall as people start saving up for a really nice EV. Used (ICE) car values drop along with a reduction in new ICE car above and beyond the additional EV sales. Because people are holding off purchases until they have saved enough for a new EV. This was all predicted years ago:

Nissan takes the axe to the house Ghosn built

There is no context to the tweet, it's not a reply to anything. This is more interesting than at first glance. Plausible deniability (lumbar support seats :D )

You have the admit, shorts have done a real number on Tesla's reputation. Tesla won out in the end but it was so much harder than it had to be. They will continue to spread lies and manipulate who they can. Sooner they're gone the better in my humble opinion. I really don't care where they go but would prefer it to be shorting companies that harm our planet or humans etc. There has to be some motivation for a squeeze after what they've put Elon through.

Tesla shorts will not go away. Dumb people don't suddenly become smart. Bad people don't suddenly become nice. In the next 10 years they will be dragged, kicked, squeezed... until their accounts turn to zero. Then they will cheer for the new shorts. It doesn't matter, together they will lose 100 billion dollars. We just need to make sure we own enough chairs that have our names on them.

Remember how on New Year's Eve, Elon was all cool and havin' fun hangin' with the newest members of the Tesla fraterity at the Fremont Delivery Center? Then the P&D report came out and its like 'SHAZAM'. Double-record breaker, as predicted.

Well, guess where Elon was the day before the big earnings call? Jus' hangin' with his rocket pals and cold-soak testing their brand new Starship fuel tank.

And tomorrow? Launch 60 Starlink satellites into LEO in the Morning; launch TSLA to the Moon in the Afternoon!

We got this. :cool:

Cheers!

Yes and no, I see earnings estimates from 1.6 to 1.82 EPS ( Q3 reported 1.86) from yahoo, zacks and a few others.
I think there's a good chance of surprise there.

As that part of setting Tesla up for missing estimates?

I mean, the 266M $ GAAP result needed for Q4 and Q1 combined to qualify for S&P 500 inclusion is reached with EPS of about 1.47 $, or no?

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler