Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Care to share TSLA stock price when you were there?:D

Sure, on 2030 November 18 (Monday) TSLA closes at $390.7.

(That's after 8 stock splits.)

IDK what Ford is planning to do, but see no benefit for Tesla burdening itself with any non-compete agreements that would stand in the way of clearing the non efficient junk from the streets.

Yeah, but what if Ford made them an irresistible offer? What if Tesla could sell a $20k worth of power train for 30% margins - and scale up their battery production as a result?

What makes me quite confident too is that Elons brother Kimbal made some very strong statements about the truck too. As a multi purpose utility, remembering the specs and the low price the release a while ago it will likely define a new segment on its own.

Nevertheless we have seen in the past that the public opinion often does not see the obvious which is one reason why people doubted the success of the Model 3 to happen and still don't and the S,3 and Y are mainstream cars where the truck is cyberpunk IOW its not for everybody.

For that reason I expect a huge negative and FUD campaign to happen assuming a polarizing design and many people will naturally not like it while other will love it and sell the house to get one. If thats the case we may see a negative impact on the SP at least for a short time.
My thoughts exactly. Plan to jump in at some point after the reveal.

This is not going to happen. The specs and timelines Ford has released for their entry into mass-market EV's is a wish list, pure fantasy. I'm shocked people are still getting fooled by these desperate statements.

You might very well turn out to be right - the good news is that in a few hours it will probably be over one way or another. :D

Reactions: printf42
Nope. I'm not going to waste my time.

To be truthful, I'm just sitting here stunned this morning. I feel like I have entered an alternate reality where reality doesn't really matter.

1) Tesla partnering with Ford? Why? This is ridiculousness.
2) If Tesla and Ford partner, TSLA shares shoot to the moon? Why? They might go down with that kind of bearish news.

Both of these ridiculous notions are rooted in the same fallacy, namely, that Ford has something that Tesla needs! Let me make something clear right now:

Ford has absolutely NOTHING that Tesla needs!

This is not going to happen. The specs and timelines Ford has released for their entry into mass-market EV's is a wish list, pure fantasy. I'm shocked people are still getting fooled by these desperate statements.
Relax, relax... I technically agree with you. But trust me, all the fools that DON'T read TMC every day, who are still driving Toyotas, and have been hearing all kinds of crap about Tesla for years...

Would see it as the ultimate sign that Tesla is really for real, a contender to be reassessed and revalued.

You're right
But people are kind of dumb, and this partnership would be Bullish AF in a largely symbolic way.

(Incidentally I won't be watching the reveal either; I'll be working)

Nope. I'm not going to waste my time.

To be truthful, I'm just sitting here stunned this morning. I feel like I have entered an alternate reality where reality doesn't really matter.

1) Tesla partnering with Ford? Why? This is ridiculousness.
2) If Tesla and Ford partner, TSLA shares shoot to the moon? Why? They might go down with that kind of bearish news.

Both of these ridiculous notions are rooted in the same fallacy, namely, that Ford has something that Tesla wants! Let me make something clear right now:

Ford has absolutely NOTHING that Tesla wants!

1.) Virtual dealerships in every state and hick town that could also service Model Ys as well as Mach Elons. 2.) Get a foothold into red state county buyers who would never step in a Tesla showroom for fear someone might see them and brand them a liberal. The specs are just too close to the Y, and yeah it being a wish list is the only other option, but I don’t think so. I actually hope they don’t announce a partnership so all us conspiracy cooks have time to option up Monday.

Reactions: RobStark
Wanna see a weirdmobile? Look at any new hybrid from Toyota.
2020 Toyota Prius Prime Gallery & Exterior Photos

These abominations are hideous to my eyes because their form is almost completely divorced from function. The face of a vehicle should be smooth to minimize air drag, not pockmarked like a junk-food-addicted teenager. Like the tail fins on American monstrosities from the 1950s, Toyota's design is an attempt to distinguish a product that has no functional advantages to distinguish it. Tesla doesn't have that problem.

I agree with @9837264723849 that an innovative design with functional advantages will redefine the standards of beauty and weirdness. Some folks said Tesla's huge touchscreen looked weird; now Ford is copying it. Some folks said Apple's first laptop with a rear-mounted keyboard looked weird; now every laptop has it. Common tastes will catch up to the style leaders.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder :eek:
giphy - 2019-11-17T144422.217.gif

May be in terms of PR in Europe the Semi is bigger deal than the pickup, but in real pollution and Co2 savings the pickup will have much bigger impact. The reason for this is that diesel Semi may pollute a lot, but they are used for their purposes 100% of the time, while pickup trucks are used as commuting vehicles 90% of the time, which is complete waste. The cyber truck can eliminate that waste.

I like this angle.
If we run the numbers on this we may help @ZachShahan or other outlets write something helpful, especially for an European audience. I may be able to write something myself for the online national Esquire.

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Wanna see a weirdmobile? Look at any new hybrid from Toyota.
2020 Toyota Prius Prime Gallery & Exterior Photos

These abominations are hideous to my eyes because their form is almost completely divorced from function. The face of a vehicle should be smooth to minimize air drag, not pockmarked like a junk-food-addicted teenager. Like the tail fins on American monstrosities from the 1950s, Toyota's design is an attempt to distinguish a product that has no functional advantages to distinguish it. Tesla doesn't have that problem.

I agree with @9837264723849 that an innovative design with functional advantages will redefine the standards of beauty and weirdness. Some folks said Tesla's huge touchscreen looked weird; now Ford is copying it. Some folks said Apple's first laptop with a rear-mounted keyboard looked weird; now every laptop has it. Common tastes will catch up to the style leaders.
Ok. It's not like Elon has warned us multiple times in interviews and calls that the truck may be so "out there" that he is not sure the masses will love it as much as he does in which case they'll probably make a more conventional truck as well.