Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
5B23FD71-2555-43C7-8779-2D7EE97002EB.gif
Currently inside Tesla’s CFO’s office.

Outright mutiny.

My guess is that the delay is due to it being the first quarter for Zach in the CFO role, combined with Elon having a busy week and likely sitting down to review the SH letter for the first time at roughly 4:05pET. And then layer in some of Elon's bullishness following the autopilot day earlier in the week, and there are some rewrites occurring post-4pm, with Elon wanting to be a bull and the CFO/general counsel pulling him back from the ledge to reduce the odds of anything crazy being stated.

If they would allow me to keep my unlimited supercharging for life, I would upgrade w/ the free Ludicrous mode. I may talk to the Sales team over at my local service/dealership here in Virginia and see if they'd be willing to do that. That would seal the deal for me...

The free supercharging for life isn't all that valuable as a strictly financial proposition. It's a psychological and convenience thing. It means that if we're going by and it'd be helpful, then we stop off and we make use of the resource. We still do 99.x% of our charging at home.

But when we need it, then we just use it and we don't spend any time doing math and deciding whether it's worth spending $5 today on electricity with Tesla or not - we just use it and get on with our life. It's the value of not investing mental energy in deciding when and whether to use it that's valuable to us.

And the non-performance Model X is still plenty performant on any reasonable scale. Not that more performance wouldn't be fun - it would, and I would use it, and it would be more fun. But 6 years of driving these things has persuaded me that the Tesla Grin isn't a temporary phenomenon, and it isn't dependent on Performance mode.