Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like this, they should respond/communicate, loudly, in the same media/method used by the naysayers. And some, in a press release from Tesla et al announcing the libel suit that's being brought against them. All this FUD needs to be fought, including the Washington Post, New York Times, Forbes, and any other media outlet that is writing articles that spread fear, uncertainty, and doubt. Some may be somewhat factually based but so outdated they're no longer accurate. Or based on the driving records of some potential drivers of Teslas and insinuating that applies to all... I've found the opposite to be true. Or parts that were originally mis designed, yet have since been identified and 90% of the drivers affected were covered via warranty.

All the while Toyota announced a physical recall for over 1 million vehicles because of airbags that may not deploy... far more people will be actually affected by that to-the-shop recall than Tesla's "we'll fix it while you're sleeping" OTA update.

I apologize for preaching to the choir but I've had enough and I'm not going to take it anymore!

(he says sitting in his recliner)
Yes, and what I specifically liked is that the answers from him were fact based, humble and respectful. That is how you win people over, not by reacting as an angry teenage boy whenever you are criticized. LIke this answer here:

Another poster with refined taste! Too bad Neil isn't around any longer to do a song about CT, like he did with a certain Italian sports car.

ETA-I suppose CT could be considered a "gleaming alloy air car".....
Also "two lanes wide", at least on our ancient European streets, with no USS... 🤪

Last edited:
Elon Musk's company Hyperloop One is shutting down according to Electrek. Yet another absurd Musk venture burnt to a crisp in his bonfire of lies.

1703244243269.png

😐

Edit: Yes, I'm being sarcastic.

Last edited:
Elon Musk's company Hyperloop One is shutting down according to Electrek. Yet another absurd Musk venture burnt to a crisp in his bonfire of lies.

View attachment 1002043

😐
Hyperloop One was a Virgin company (see logo in that photo) based on Elon's draft tech paper for hyperloop, not his company.

Or did you forget the /s?

More correctly, it corresponds to INC in American. In English, it corresponds to PLC or LTD. :)
Yes, almost. I equivocated only because the specific requirements of AG are more precise than are those of INC. LTD, in UK practice need not be public at all, more does the US INC. If we are to be precise AG and PLC are nearly identical in practice since, alone (IIRC) those two are defined as public companies. Note: I am NOT an attorney-at-law anywhere. I have participated in the formation of many companies around the world, so end out knowing more than I should about all this. Despite that I an NOT an authority. OTOH, I’ve formed INC, AG, LTD, PLC and a variety of equivalent forms.

FWIW, each major legal structure has significant technical differences and in some places Common Law applies and tends to have many vaguely defined terms while Civil Law places tend to be more defined. Alone, more or less, are the Germanic systems which tend to be more precise than are others.

These terms for non-personal business entities are therefore slightly ambiguous in many places such as the US where the terms can be used for public companies or even individual ownership (subchapter S) by opting for different taxation rules. Not so much in Germany, where the practices are clearly defined.

These issues become quite relevant to TSLA and the Musk-originated entities because the TSLA relationships with ‘related’ companies can present major issues regarding trading in intellectual property and specific technologies (e.g. Inconel variants, Octovalve) between those companies including the former Grohmann. When we think of the ever-so-slightly pedantic discussion between @ggr and myself just think of how serious the legal and business risks can be if someone makes incorrect generalizations on these issues, especially considering the issues of corporate governance and control. All this ignores the evolving California vs Texas vs New York issues that loom large for TSLA even though they spawn almost no attention here. Explicitly New York (Buffalo, remember), Is also a player. Those are just the surface of the US. The 300-odd tax jurisdictions in Texas also are quite material.

Net: boring this subject may be. Crucial to our interests. Absolutely! We have @The Accountant and others for taxation and income/expense/capital structure issues. we don’t have equivalent authority on internationa law and legal structures. We really need that expertise.

Last edited:
I have been truly inspired today! Let me explain...

Invariably at a dinner party or random group gathering the subject of Tesla or Elon will come up. Never clear where the conversation will go from there, but Mrs. Toe will often chime in in a disdainful voice (especially if there is alcohol involved) something along the lines of "don't be so enamoured with Electric Jesus", with particular emphasis on the Electric Jesus part.

Side note: Mrs. Toe's TSLA holdings are about 1% of RubberToes, so draw your own conclusions concerning her behavior. Anyhoo, this always leaves me pretty uncomfortable, and at that point the whole discussion often goes sideways, and often not in a good way.

I now have the perfect retort, and simply can't wait for the next time this happens. I just say in a perfectly calm, matter of fact, and deadpan tone: "He's not Electric Jesus, he's the Muskiah". This is absolutely going to bring the entire discussion to a dead stop, with everyone looking at me with a puzzled look, if not mouth gaping wide open. Follow up line literally wrote itself: "Not the Messiah, the Muskiah"!

Full credit goes to @Musskiah, for the inspiration, and possibly the best TMC handle I have ever seen. I'll see if I can't record a video of this, would make for an epic movie scene.

RT

Invariably at a dinner party or random group gathering the subject of Tesla or Elon will come up. Never clear where the conversation will go from there, but Mrs. Toe will often chime in in a disdainful voice (especially if there is alcohol involved) something along the lines of "don't be so enamoured with Electric Jesus", with particular emphasis on the Electric Jesus part.

Side note: Mrs. Toe's TSLA holdings are about 1% of RubberToes, so draw your own conclusions concerning her behavior. Anyhoo, this always leaves me pretty uncomfortable, and at that point the whole discussion often goes sideways, and often not in a good way.

I now have the perfect retort, and simply can't wait for the next time this happens. I just say in a perfectly calm, matter of fact, and deadpan tone: "He's not Electric Jesus, he's the Muskiah". This is absolutely going to bring the entire discussion to a dead stop, with everyone looking at me with a puzzled look, if not mouth gaping wide open. Follow up line literally wrote itself: "Not the Messiah, the Muskiah"!

Full credit goes to @Musskiah, for the inspiration, and possibly the best TMC handle I have ever seen. I'll see if I can't record a video of this, would make for an epic movie scene.

RT
I realize dufusses live in a different world from most of you, but we are social in our way. Personally, I have never heard , been involved in or just observed a conversation concerning Mr Musk that was negative.in fact I’m not sure he has ever come up in any way.

I realize dufusses live in a different world from most of you, but we are social in our way. Personally, I have never heard , been involved in or just observed a conversation concerning Mr Musk that was negative.in fact I’m not sure he has ever come up in any way.
Most live on the rock and some under the rock.
The ones on the rock got crazy zany ( musk haters) company and the ones under the rock got the Boring company .
Location ,Location ,Location !

RT
F$@& Yeah Brother. You gotta a get flagrant with it!

Last edited:
I think broadly, as an investment community we should always absolutely be wary of personal attacks on anyone. Maybe cathie was right about X and wrong about Y. Maybe Gary Black is wrong about Y and right about X. Nobody, even Elon, is right about everything all the time.

I also think that Gerber, Gary and Cathie are all intelligent and informed people, and are VERY supportive of Tesla as a company, and invest in it. The same is also true for Troy.
I don't agree with the analysis of all those people all the time. I think Gary over-values quaterly data, and think cathie is delusional about bitcoin. But these are all intelligent, informed people, with different backgrounds, skills and experiences, and I keep an eye on what all of them day.

The best investors listen to a wide range of analysis regarding the investments they hold or consider. We probably all need the occasional pessimistic Troy estimate to keep the hyperbole in check. We probably all need a bit of cathie's optimism about FSD. We all need a reminder from Gary about how wall st views things.

Lets not lump in Gary, Cathie, Troy or Gerber with the likes of true clowns like GJ and that guy who lost his parents money with his imaginary hedge fund.

RT

Sleeping on the couch is occasionally worth one in the Win column...

View attachment 1002043

😐

Edit: Yes, I'm being sarcastic.

I wonder if this is a case of "Prototypes are easy, manufacturing is hard."

While Elon gave away the foundation for engineering the product, part of the secret sauce he imbues his companies with is revolutionary manufacturing concepts and processes along with a healthy dash of cost-control.

While his plate is already full to the point of overflowing, it would be interesting to see how an ElonCo stab at this would go... and as mentioned above for many endeavors it seems like a natural pairing with The Boring Company...

Elon Musk's company Hyperloop One is shutting down according to Electrek. Yet another absurd Musk venture burnt to a crisp in his bonfire of lies. Edit: Yes, I'm being sarcastic.

What utter twaddle! Do they mean Virgin Hyperloop One, with Chairman Richard Branson? You'd expect such shenanigans from Boomburg, but from FredTrik? I'm shocked! /s