Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
in for 33 more shares @ $200:D... forgot about this limit order ...
25 more for me.

Like Elon, he thinks there is significant macro risk right now. And car companies need all the cash they can get in such times.

By the same token, do I need more cash to ride out the storm? This got me thinking for sure. Oh well...

Or could that be 4680 ramping internally?
First paragraph:

Panasonic announced that it is slowing down its battery production amid weaker demand for electric vehicles, but it hints at demand from Tesla still being good on that front.

Later paragraph:

Panasonic Holdings, which supplies Tesla, said on Monday it had cut automotive battery production in Japan in the September quarter and shrank the division’s annual profit forecast by 15%, underscoring a global slowdown in EV sales.

First paragraph:

Panasonic announced that it is slowing down its battery production amid weaker demand for electric vehicles, but it hints at demand from Tesla still being good on that front.

Later paragraph:

Panasonic Holdings, which supplies Tesla, said on Monday it had cut automotive battery production in Japan in the September quarter and shrank the division’s annual profit forecast by 15%, underscoring a global slowdown in EV sales.
I assume Panasonic thought they would get a boost from legacy auto, but with legacy auto slowing or stopping BEV production, Tesla is really the only significant customer.

AI companies are rallying today.
tesla AI seems irrelevant.

lowering the price of fsd, would greatly improve
sales and overall profit . Fsd sales are highly profitable.

Once fsd is fully operational,
then raising the price would make sense.

given that fsd is not transferable, it will eventually
expire.

A bit dated (22 hrs) but in case you didn't see this on debunking Cybertruck Pricing yesterday. James here makes a great case IMO.
My question is whether there's any reason to allow this to propagate by Tesla without a single X tweet to correct it?
My conclusion is this could be intentionally allowing the market to be misguided for a moment. I don't know why, so it's just a floating theory for now. Maybe keep off some pressure while some UAW dust settles? IDK

Having rewatched one of my fave movies last night - The Big Short, I am reminded very much of just how long wall st can just blatantly manipulate the markets and hope to sit it out until poor retailer investors go bankrupt. There really is no level they will not stoop to in order to ensure they always win, and you always lose...

I learned a few years ago to never buy on margin, and never trade Tesla options again. The market can, and will find a way to force the price down to make you lose. They LOVE margin, and they love stop-losses, and they love to make you panic.

What new information today makes Tesla less profitable in the future? NOTHING. In fact yet another middle easy conflict should be reminding everyone of the good reason to switch to EVs that was there even before climate change was so urgent!

The recent slew of disastrous news about legacy auto totally failing to make a decent number of EVs (or ANY at a profit) should be a reminder that in the US at least, there really is only one car maker looking likely to survive. Instead, people are trying to do mental gymnastics to spin it as a bad situation for Tesla. Quite simply, they are just WRONG. HODL, and we will see who is still standing when the dust settles :D.

First paragraph:

Later paragraph:

Wouldn't this mean there is excess capacity that could provide batteries for storage as Tesla grows that business?

You sound a bit like Audubon here ;)... Friendly reminder to stick to simple language for me and others who did not grow up speaking English.
Oops. I try to stick with Latin derived words which seem less arcane to many. OTOH, my personal physician is Brazilian but reports that when he did some speciality training in San Francisco people complained about his too complex medical words, which came from the English texts. Audi and I apparently are afflicted that disease. I’ll try to do better.