Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I find it very interesting the rear glass is covered. The other Highland pictures I have seen do not have this cover.

Please be a hatchback like the Model S! I know it would hurt the Model Y but personally I think they are going to sell all they can make of both.
Totally agree, I would love a smaller hatchback. And there’s a market for it, look at Rav-4 and CRV.

I find it very interesting the rear glass is covered. The other Highland pictures I have seen do not have this cover.

Please be a hatchback like the Model S! I know it would hurt the Model Y but personally I think they are going to sell all they can make of both.
Completely agree. A hatchback on the Model 3 would make it the perfect small, sport sedan. As often as I've said they are going to have to take my 2018 Stealth Performance Model 3 over my dead body, I would consider trading it in for a refreshed Highland if it came in a hatchback.

I bought at over $300. I still believe.
I did average down…but bought more at $226 because my cash was having FOMO.

IMO - the fun of investing also includes the pain. Some people put their money in managed accounts and pay more fees. No fun…much more fun to be accountable for your own choices.
Even more fun hanging out at TMC with a bunch of people with the same 'problem'...i mean investment thesis :cool:

moot != moat

I think @Right_Said_Fred must have meant "Tesla lost a moat."

Tesla is fully in charge. This has a tremendous psychological barrier. No moat lost, rather much gained from sharing.

If not, Tesla is still in charge and full control. Also, they will build tons more of the superchargers.

RSF: Thanks, fixed it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gotta be reals: Elon has predicted 69 of the last 42 recessions... :D

I watch the company (and the "lack of competition"), while not investing more than I can afford to lose, while avoiding margerine... :p

Cheers!
Screen Shot 2023-06-08 at 8.54.07 PM.png

Sage advice. Stick with butter.

Well this and the Ford announcement came out of left field, despite many of us thinking this would be great for all EVs.
Promote the mission and HODL. Who's next to join the cool kids?

Now decent production and sales numbers in 3 weeks and a decent Q2 report and maybe we will roll up to $420.69 in a few months.

Long live the longs!

I want to understand the outlines of the deals with Ford and GM. But I understand that's not practical.

What would be awesome is if Elon communicated to all of the other OEMs that each new partner will pay a higher fee than the previous. Something like that could certainly explain the quick announcement by GM following Ford last week.

Given the mission and Elon's sense of fair play, I don't think this is what happened. It could be that GM has been talking with Tesla for a long time just like Ford. And the timing could be due to GM realizing their asks were not going to happen once Ford announced.

On the other hand, Tesla clearly holds all the cards in these negotiations. Rather than prolonged, dragged-out negotiations, Tesla could offer the same deal to all OEMs as a take-it-or-leave-it, but with the addition that costs will increase with each new OEM that signs up.
I’m just picking your post to respond to, though several before yours are focused on the same core thing: how much money Tesla gunna get!?

People. It’s not about the money. Never has been, never will be. So stop trying to make it about money. (You rightly acknowledged Elon’s sense of fairness)

Tesla’s goal is about saving us from ourselves, not lining their pockets with green. Yes, Tesla needs money to fulfill the mission, but it’s not what drives the mission. Cooperation. Helping. Kindness. Doing what’s right and proper.

It’s no surprise that EVERYONE will get to charge for the same amount. That’s part of the mission.

But I assure you all, whether it looks like Tesla makes money on the surface of the deal or not, Tesla WILL be rewarded monetarily for the willingness to partner and lend a helping hand.

Well, there goes my CHPT stock, better sell now and man up and take the loss. Not a terrible deal, much rather have the gains on my TSLA shares.

There's no reason why Chargepoint can't start putting NACS plugs on their chargers either. In fact I expect they will now in the near future. :cool:

It feels good to be a TSLA long who's been invested into it for many years solid now. :D