Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Twitter had $4.5 billion income from advertisers in 2021. If all of them left -extremely unlikely - Elon would has to find that amount. He already wants to save a few billion by cutting the workforce and server costs, plus he is looking for alternatives revenue streams. In the worst case he $1.5 billion per year. That is chump change for him and if he has to sell shares to get that money it will hardly have an impact on the stock price.
His statement about advertisers leaving Twitter is causing a drop in TSLA. Not that Tesla is in anyway related to what Twitter is doing.
Some day the stock market will realise that Twitter is not Tesla. But in some people’s minds it is. Like an acquaintance of me who tweeted ‘Idiot’ as a reply on Elons tweet about ad revenue going down. The thing is, that is guy is still on twitter. That guy will never pay for being verified. His eyeballs are stil the thing that Twitter sells to advertisers. And advertisers will soon realise that they still want to target that guy‘s eyeballs. Meanwhile that guy will keep on refreshing his Mastodon account that he just opened and wonder why he doesn’t get any responses there. The answer is Metcalfe’s law (Metcalfe's law - Wikipedia). Twitter’s user base is so big that the network value can’t be matched by anything that’s an order of magnitude (or 2 in the case of Mastodon) lower. So soon the advertisers will realise that and return to a Twitter with much less employee costs. And then the Twitter overhang for TSLA will disappear.

@AudubonB @Right_Said_Fred @ggr

At least tell which tweet you deleted (instead of moving it) and which one of you did it next time please....

Two things have been happening:

- Some posts about Twitter with zero relevance to TSLA were deleted. Only posts about Elon possibly selling stock to pay for Twitter are allowed, for other more general Twitter posts we have the dedicated thread. One of your posts was deleted for this reason. An explanation was provided during that process.

- A bunch of posts about Karen were moved to Off Topic Galore. She used to post here a few years ago and was loved by many. But she moved on and unfortunately now she is just someone on Twitter. Analyzing here current state of mind, which was happening, is not what this thread is for.

So does Tesla stand on its on merits, or will it be forever intertwined with Elon and his stupid Twitter buyout? Because shoot me now if I have to discuss this with others for the next 10 years! "So, have you consider a Tesla? Yeah, that Twitter thing...."

7q1i.gif

So does Tesla stand on its on merits, or will it be forever intertwined with Elon and his stupid Twitter buyout? Because shoot me now if I have to discuss this with others for the next 10 years! "So, have you consider a Tesla? Yeah, that Twitter thing...."

7q1i.gif
twitter is a private company, and has no impact on tesla. All tesla cars, and now from what i read all megapacks are all ready sold for the near future. They are sold for money, not for tweets, etc..

His statement about advertisers leaving Twitter is causing a drop in TSLA. Not that Tesla is in anyway related to what Twitter is doing.
Some day the stock market will realise that Twitter is not Tesla. But in some people’s minds it is. Like an acquaintance of me who tweeted ‘Idiot’ as a reply on Elons tweet about ad revenue going down. The thing is, that is guy is still on twitter. That guy will never pay for being verified. His eyeballs are stil the thing that Twitter sells to advertisers. And advertisers will soon realise that they still want to target that guy‘s eyeballs. Meanwhile that guy will keep on refreshing his Mastodon account that he just opened and wonder why he doesn’t get any responses there. The answer is Metcalfe’s law (Metcalfe's law - Wikipedia). Twitter’s user base is so big that the network value can’t be matched by anything that’s an order of magnitude (or 2 in the case of Mastodon) lower. So soon the advertisers will realise that and return to a Twitter with much less employee costs. And then the Twitter overhang for TSLA will disappear.

This is really reminiscent of when Tesla first took a stake in Bitcoin. TSLA started to track bitcoin's price. Annoying and illogical, but that's markets for you I guess. Always jumping at shadows.

I guess Twitter will either calm down - or implode - and TSLA will gradually disassociate from it.

Hopefully, by that time, Twitter will be a subscription SaaS business primarily and an advertising business second.