Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s endemic. Trying to make it otherwise is like trying to stop the tides.

China already has a rapidly slowing economy from the largest property bubble in human history unraveling, throwing lockdowns on top of it is going to nuke their economy.

Xi is destroying all of China’s progress.
China is sterile while most Americans are not. Letting in the flood gate of omicron will destroy their Healthcare system when it's already massively over capacity already.

China has 4x the population with most in heavy density areas. I think people need to be a little more empathic to different circumstances. (Also I caught covid and I can see how it's no joke for the elderly).

Heavy dumping at close was across the board on the QQQs. High volume, large percentage drops from AAPL to NVDA.

TSLA included but oh so much company.

September and October historically have been usually the periods when stock market crashes really took hold. Don’t understand why this would be the case at the moment, but media definitely telegraphing this.

Let us see what the inflation measures say and whether the FED will truly continue raising aggressively even with inflation dropping harder than expected. I doubt it but the people selling now will be pretty happy.

I suspect the fed will probably do one more big hike then maybe hold for a bit. The data out of China and Europe is likely gonna get bad in the coming months.

The jig is up folks. They figured out why EVs suck. Time to sell.
View attachment 847856
Had to share. I figured everyone could use a good laugh this morning.

Looks like she represents a district in Arizona. Throw Arizona the next Tesla Energy factory, that will suddenly resolve any issue she may have. Certainly plenty of sunshine there to power the thing. ;)

Reactions: Nocturnal
Domestic lithium starting to ramp. In Tennessee of all places? I guess you can extract lithium essentially anywhere. This is certainly close to a future hub for EV production.

I told you Giga Nashville is gonna be a thing 😉

This isn’t the official report though, at least I don’t think. I think it’s the CPCA secretary estimating so the final number could come in higher. We also won’t get the production number until the actual CPCA report comes out
To add onto my own post, I’m seeing 85k referenced as production for Aug. That was pretty much my expectation. So a production surplus of 8k.

Now the question is, what happened to the surplus of I believe it was 8-10k of production from July? I would have assumed that surplus would have flowed through to the export/local sales numbers for Aug. Which was why I was expecting the CPCA number to come in between 80-85k. That 8-10k has to show up in Sept + the 8k production surplus from Aug.
So……bare with me here, Sept CPCA number could come in at 100k 😳. I know that sounds impossible, but for the full month of production for Sept, I think 90-95k is reasonable to expect.

So 90-95k of procuring in the last month where most production actually gets sold through to local sales + 8-10k surplus from July + 8k surplus from Aug = 106k for Sept CPCA.

@The Accountant what are your thoughts on this. I’m remembering the July production surplus correctly right? Those produced cars have to show up sometime before end of the quarter.

It also jibes really well with the delivery time drop for China. If they’re trying to sell 100k vehicles in China alone in a single month, that’ll definitely bring down the wait time temporarily

Last edited:
Domestic lithium starting to ramp. In Tennessee of all places? I guess you can extract lithium essentially anywhere. This is certainly close to a future hub for EV production.

Hmm, I can't throw a rock that far, let me pick another phrase.

That's less than a Nissan Leafs battery charge from here.

I would like to nominate this as a post of particular merit, though I don't know the formal process. It's a specific and concrete story of highly variable stock price over a multi-year period, a price that fails to reflect the steady and objective growth in underlying value.
Not me. Suggesting selling a fully paid for house to invest in a single stock may work or may not. Other than that fine.

Reactions: saniflash
You don't think that's overkill being so close the Philadelphia Gigafactory?
52E843AB-5530-440F-8267-58F444771134.jpeg

It's Piedmont. I'd wait and see before counting chickens.

If I were a typical person I would have taken up a hospital spot, but I'm the type who only goes to the hospital if I think death is likely. And this is what matters, taking up hospital spots or not. Covid results in a higher chance of hospital stay than a cold or a flu.
@Singuy I am glad you are OK now. I don't know you except through this group but I always appreciate your perspective. I also feel for the massive population of China, which have been vaccinated with a vaccine that, from what I have extensively read, was not super effective even against the original strain of Covid. This makes China's options against the continuing waves rather limited. We (Westerners) with the arguably better vaccines still have not managed to vaccinate the vast majority of the globe, ensuring wave after wave of variants due to our own shortsightedness / greed. Apologies for the short OT digression.
Bringing this back to TSLA, I think we are all concerned as investors as to the impact on our most productive plant during this critical "bottom of the S curve" where we still sit. To end on an hopeful note, I am personally still processing the fact that Berlin factory apparently makes Shanghai looks expensive, when all is said and done. Austin may well go beyond this in terms of cost effectiveness.
Ramp, babies, ramp!!!

It's Piedmont. I'd wait and see before counting chickens.

Exactly, they're years behind on all their plans here in NC, primarily due to their own incompetence (this has been documented in some detail in earlier discussions in this very thread since they had/have a contract with Tesla they keep failing to be able to keep up their end of due to said incompetence)

• Helpful
Reactions: Duffer and wtlloyd
I’ve been watching for any scuttlebutt on the V4 supercharger and captive CCS deployment. It all seems to have gone quiet. I wonder if there have been any financial forecasts for 2023 on a partial opening of the supercharger network. Also surprised there haven’t been any leaked pics of a V4 with either a captive CCS adapter or CCS cable. Is tesla maybe rethinking this?

Reactions: Baumisch