Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure how much you guys follow the circus on Twitter, but O'Dowd seems to be losing it. He posted a rant about Elon using pawns and being a liar, coupled with a cartoon depicting him waiting for a massage from a tied up flight attendant being threatened with a knife. No, I'm not making that up. Hard to imagine Elon has not decided to take this personally now. (screenshot hidden in spoiler because it's very poor taste)
1661525573446.png

Not sure how much you guys follow the circus on Twitter, but O'Dowd seems to be losing it. He posted a rant about Elon using pawns and being a liar, coupled with a cartoon depicting him waiting for a massage from a tied up flight attendant being threatened with a knife. No, I'm not making that up. Hard to imagine Elon has not decided to take this personally now. (screenshot hidden in spoiler because it's very poor taste)

Wow. That seems to be an open and shut libel case.

His true shill self if coming out.

I know not everyone here is a fan of Warren Redlich, but he gave a nice "from an ex lawyer" perspective of things in a recent YouTube video. He included an analysis of this Tweet if I recall correctly. He definitely pointed out how phrases like "hiding behind his lawyer's skirt" will not go down well in a court room. It seems to me (not a lawyer) Dan O'Dowd is digging his own grave and as you say seems to have completely lost it... If he had it in the first place.

Last edited:
Gawd, listening to Peterffy on CNBC.... gives me the chills. I can't help remembering his POV during the GME squeeze. He was appalled that retail was allowed to try to squeeze the shorts cuz it would break the precious system, lol.
He is why I closed my accounts at IBKR. I stood to make a pretty sizable gain on my silly GME play before they shut down trading. The day before they had service issues that actually hurt me even more. Then this puffed pastry goes on CNBC and talks about how they needed to protect the clearing houses, without even a word about the inconvenience it caused his customers.

MM haymakers being thrown today! Fun stuff. I don't see them holding $300.....but I think I've said that like 80 times now.
You're an amazing contrarian indicator man lol. When TalkingMule starts hyping, you better sell your weekly calls ASAP! 😅

That pop and holding strength in TSLA quickly evaporated. TSLA well on it's way now on the daily outperform then market perform and end up with underperformance by the end of the day

He is why I closed my accounts at IBKR. I stood to make a pretty sizable gain on my silly GME play before they shut down trading. The day before they had service issues that actually hurt me even more. Then this puffed pastry goes on CNBC and talks about how they needed to protect the clearing houses, without even a word about the inconvenience it caused his customers.
Yea, he's sketch as F. It just blew my mind the stance he took on the air.

Reactions: Nocturnal
My serious question is - who does the drawings for the nutcase dude? Did he hire an artist?

At the end of they day "they" created the system that allows the apes to punish hedge funds that try to force bankruptcy before customers make that choice. All of these issues would be fixed should they do immediate settlement rather than 2-3 days. And force daily postings of short positions. As it sits today we have no way of knowing how many shares are sold short for any one security. This allows the idea and risk of synthetic shorts to persist.

On the other hand they will likely do something to punish retail rather than going after the real problem.

The OCC still utilizes a 30 year old database and back end because it works....albeit slowly. And unfortunately for them the market is no longer slow and retail is taking advantage of this finally.

See, I liked his honesty. I'm on Fidelity and they shut out my ability to buy as well.

At least Peteffy went on CNBC and said exactly what was being done and why. He said the system was protecting the hedge funds and market makers from going broke.

First(and last) time I'd heard such honesty from a brokerage.

Just sharing the link for this video as it is quite bullish for Tesla insurance. It’s the same experience I had… About a 50% savings; and more sensible coverages.

I don’t watch all this guys videos; but it’s a pretty neat family that tears apart various high-tech electronics in reverse engineer and test certain things.

I met this guy and his son at the model X unveil. When I told my son about it he forced me to watch all their videos; that was our introduction to Tesla and it’s been quite a journey.

They have 2 million subs; so that’s quite the audience!

(Edited for grammar)

Does Tesla Insurance only do cars, or do they do the whole Auto/Home/Fire/Flood package like my current insurer??

Likewise my 2018 model X75D and my 2022 Plaid X. Never any problems whatsoever with any of the doors in collectively 46,000 miles, and as a wheelchair guy, I have to open and close the driver's side falcon wing door quite often.

Uncle Elon, much thanks for my... (what did he call them? "Oysters"? "Primo donnas"? chandeliers or something??)
Fabergé egg!