Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FYI: Crude oil futures have broken below 90U$D today: (should improve investor sentiment around inflation going forward)

CL1 Commodity Quote - Generic 1st 'CL' Future - Bloomberg Markets

CL1:COM​

Generic 1st 'CL' Future​

88.04 USD/bbl.
Agreed. Price of gas in the US is still dropping. From GasBuddy:

Screenshot_20220804-133738_Chrome.jpg

Surprised

This week has a been a masterful show by MM's. Managed to hold the stock in check on the breakout Monday morning until they collapsed volume for the rest of the week........all in the face of a macro rally this week.
I made a killing selling calls Monday. MMs helping me out.... 🤗

I see 5 ‘funny’ and 3 ‘disagree’ emojis. I can understand ‘disagrees’ and one poster was kind enough to educate me with quite a few reasons why this tech is not mature or suitable yet.

But wondering what is so funny about what I asked? Just curious.
Basically it's funny because this is yet another "battery of the week". Every week there is one or more announcements of some new battery tech that will overthrow the current batteries in two months (or weeks). Often they work fine at -185 C, or in a clean room, or cost seven figures per battery, or have other practical issues. For use in transportation, batteries need to have a fairly long history as a product so that the gotchas are well known--this typically means about ten years in production on non-transportation or critical applications. So it's funny, but not in a very humuorous way.

Agreed. Price of gas in the US is still dropping. From GasBuddy:

View attachment 836661
Gotta love how 3 months ago, most of us here were saying how orchestrated the whole inflation narrative was..............and yet on CNBC you had all of their analysts saying "Oil's at 120/barrel......it's definitely going above 150/barrel, if not 200/barrel! Along with gas prices doubling by years end"

Man I feel bad for people that actually take trading/economic advice from CNBC.

Last edited:
Basically it's funny because this is yet another "battery of the week". Every week there is one or more announcements of some new battery tech that will overthrow the current batteries in two months (or weeks). Often they work fine at -185 C, or in a clean room, or cost seven figures per battery, or have other practical issues. For use in transportation, batteries need to have a fairly long history as a product so that the gotchas are well known--this typically means about ten years in production on non-transportation or critical applications. So it's funny, but not in a very humuorous way.
Or they are expensive to manufacture. Require noxious chemicals to produce. Can't scale up....

It's the battery of the month. Perfect in all ways because the author of the story has no need to make an economic case.

Didn't post a Haha or a Thumbs down... but it's not really worth discussing in this thread.

Well, I'm right until somebody shows I'm wrong, which nobody has. Lots of "we wuz robbed!!" but no actual evidence. Lots of "I remember" but no links to anything. So yeah, I get riled up when people post stupidity and misinformation to this thread. Kind of similar to... you.

Well, except that Henri, le Chat Noir is totally cool. Whereas your avatar is... your avatar.

Most of us were not trying to sell our shares during the last split, very few actually, but that's not the point. The point is, if we wanted to, some of us couldn't. because the shares were not there. This actually happened to some people who did want to sell and they posted it right here.

But I'm not going to spend even a minute of my time going back to find it because you are free to believe whatever you want. Being right, at least in your eyes, is simply not that important to me. And the real point of this has already been pointed out to you earlier. That we are all robbed when shares are floated that don't exist. The fact that they always eventually make good on those shares does not mean they are not manipulating the normal functioning of the markets. And this robs all market participants, even those of us who were not trying to sell our shares before they appeared in our accounts.

Gotta love how 3 months ago, most of us here were saying how orchestrated the whole inflation narrative was..............and yet on CNBC you had all of their analysts saying "Oil's at 120/barrel......it's definitely going above 150/barrel, if not 200/barrel! Along with gas prices doubling by years end"

Man I feel bad for people that actually take trading/economic advice from CNBC.
It is so true. When GS came out with the '300' per barrel (which I guess was based one everyone killing each other in the streets), I knew it was all over and they were looking to liquidate ASAP.

Let's see when the next bull run is. Right now looking sick. But SPR is still leaking every day and they do have to buy that back... maybe they can make a good trade for once LOL.

Reactions: Nocturnal
So awesome - thanks!

"Rules" (since this is just for fun) is that you call your own game (ie. cross off squares yourself), and if you win, shout BINGO as loud as you can (bonus points if your partner gives you a dirty look). Then do a screen shot and post your complete card. First poster gets some sort of kitschy prize to be determined later.

BINGO is defined as one full column, row or five diagonal.

Why is Tesla not considering, 'Vanadium Redox Flow' batteries for grid storage?

People laughed at this for obvious reasons. Namely, you presented no evidence that Tesla has not considered vanadium redox flow batteries and those of us who know how Tesla operates, know that they have considered all promising battery technologies.

It's "funny" that you would assume otherwise.

Last edited:
"Rules" (since this is just for fun) is that you call your own game (ie. cross off squares yourself), and if you win, shout BINGO as loud as you can (bonus points if your partner gives you a dirty look). Then do a screen shot and post your complete card. First poster gets some sort of kitschy prize to be determined later.

BINGO is defined as one full column, row or five diagonal.
I got robbed. There is no chance Elon is going to announce he has a new Austin Girl Friend on the earnings call.

1659636253104.png

I know GigaFactory... don't @ me just stab the thumbs down button.

This week has a been a masterful show by MM's. Managed to hold the stock in check on the breakout Monday morning until they collapsed volume for the rest of the week........all in the face of a macro rally this week.
While reserving for us HODLers the minor appeasement of a Green close each day.
As if we don't know the difference between a penny and a dollar. 😣

😒