Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow. Had to look that up..

The Dutch tax service simply assumes a 4% capital gain each year and taxes that gain for about 30%. We end up paying roughly 1.5% over any capital beyond a certain threshold (around 70k, I believe). However, there has very recently been court ruling against the 4% imaginary gains, meaning this can no longer be used by the tax service here. Seeing that near everything from the US tends to eventually get copied here, I'm sure we'll end up with equally miserable taxation before the decade is over.

Excuse the off-topicness of this post, this is my last one on the topic..
You guys REALLY ought to STOP copying the US RIGHT NOW!

Please no further posts on this subject.

Last edited:
…and by then automated warehousing will be commoditized, and Tesla will be making more profit off of Amazon than Amazon themselves through the sale of the Tesla bots.

I will also laugh if/when Starlink makes their own AWS competitor that uses the global laser interlink as a backbone.
The great thing about this likely occurrence is that all these peripheral industries will each attract the best of the best, all for Tesla to tap at will for the best technical advice on the planet, illustrating yet another way in which Tesla stays on top.

And ended with a market crash and a depression. Did Elon forget that part?

Not to start a dumpster fire of a topic in this thread, but 2024 and 2032 seem like pretty interesting years...namely, how is the pace of disruption of human progress (via technology) going to affect society and the economy?

You have AI, way more energy consumption and utilization than ever before, space travel, 5g, etc.

/me runs

Reactions: Nocturnal
That looks promising: Giga Berlin Model Y seem to overflow on the parking lot 🤩

Giga Berlin Brandenburg Model Y

8e91a000c33dcd9421f62a319ca3f33c8862947e_2_690x313.jpeg

Spot the new crimson red one :p

Yeah real efficient spending of 175 billion I’m sure.

Lol at this ending

That's actually a pretty good article that gives me more confidence in a faster death to ICE sales. It might even scare some TSLA investors who don't understand that Elon has been anticipating this onslaught of new EV's from other manufacturers for some time and it's actually coming later than he anticipated. And future news stories will be technically correct when they keep reporting how they are eating into Tesla's (EV) market share, even while they fail to mention that Tesla's market share of the automotive market continues to grow at a breath-taking pace. Tesla will probably fall to around 20% EV market share during this period.

But the real interesting thing happens around 2027-2029 as EV's grow toward 70-80% or more of sales and the EV market is no longer production constrained. This is when it becomes apparent that Tesla's continually increasing production is not threatened by legacy players who have a higher cost to produce. Tesla will continue expanding production and lowering prices in order to find homes to all of them. This will pressure any legacy players that are still in business to either lower prices or cut production, either of which would be fatal.

The exact timing of this is impossible to predict and it completely ignores the possibility of autonomy, but I don't see any way it will not happen. Preventing this would require legacy auto catch up to Tesla in terms of cost to produce or they will be relegated to niche status, with low volume, high priced prestige models, at best. How can legacy auto reduce their cost to produce to anything even close to Tesla when they have huge debt and pension obligations, higher battery costs and lower EV production volumes? Tesla's manufacturing innovations are on top of those advantages. I left that for last because some people think legacy auto can copy Tesla or develop their own innovations to reduce costs, however I think that extremely unlikely.

And all of these cost advantages that go to Tesla are before we consider the metric more important than "cost to produce" which is "cost to deliver". That's where Tesla's lack of a dealer network further reduces costs and inefficiencies. Remember, the important number is how much it costs the consumer to buy a transportation solution. How can legacy auto prevent high dealership markups when dealerships finances have already been gutted by lack of service revenue from ICE sales?

Maybe legacy auto can advertise their way out of Tesla's cost advantages? Wait...maybe they can stop advertising to reduce the total cost to deliver? ;)

Yep Redwood has a facility getting setup in Reno that will use scrap and recycled material for a million vehicles cathode and anodes. No idea how much is going to be scrap and how much recycled but it's good that they are addressing such a fundamental supply chain problem.
Great to see some companies like Redwood leading the way in recycling. It may not be a necessity yet, but sooner or later it will be.