Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Slightly OT but maybe not: FSD city beta has started rolling out to ”legacy” MS, at least those that have AP3 and MCU2 as my 2018 S100D does (Because they were both upgraded)

Yay! This is bullish for the FSD rollout.

I posted a comment to the FSD driving thread: So far from first short drive it appears to work pretty close to same as same FSD beta on my M3, which is great. I am planning trip in the MS next month, should get a pretty good idea.

Sebas numbers haven't panned out for years running now. Right idea, but way ahead of actual production capacity.

There's simply not enough batteries in the pipeline to replace 100% of just 2030 ICE sales.

Let alone replace the 20 years of such sales it takes to replace all the existing ICE on the road.

This is one place where, unusually, Elons predictions are far more realistic than that of others.... ~30 million EVs a year by 2030 is doable with battery scaling as we see it happening now (with the majority being Tesla). Current vehicle sales, annually, are more than double 30 million though.

And there's approaching 2 billion ICE vehicles on the road to replace.

Even if we could have 30 million EVs per year available today you couldn't replace even 1/4 of those by 2030. And we won't have remotely near that many EVs per year selling this year. Or next. The battery factories to do so aren't built yet.

Elon remarked at the shareholder meeting this year it'll be decades before EVs has entirely replaced ICE in the worldwide fleet.... and he's probably got a more realistic handle on how possible that is than Seba.
ICE ownership is going to get quite weird well before 2030. Well before we hit 0% ICE vehicles, there will be big industries which will be undergoing turmoil well before then. Gas stations are going to start vanishing and profitability is going to be a challenge as decreasing sales and less traffic into the store. Mechanics and other auto service is going to become less profitable and more competitive as the number of ICE vehicles starts to decline.

All of these industries are going to be impacted long before half the ICE vehicles are off the road.

Slightly OT but maybe not: FSD city beta has started rolling out to ”legacy” MS, at least those that have AP3 and MCU2 as my 2018 S100D does (Because they were both upgraded)

Yay! This is bullish for the FSD rollout.

I posted a comment to the FSD driving thread: So far from first short drive it appears to work pretty close to same as same FSD beta on my M3, which is great. I am planning trip in the MS next month, should get a pretty good idea.

I'm curious - did you have your cameras replaced already? I thought legacy model S/X also needed cameras replaced to be able to run fsd beta.

Elon has made more wrong predictions about FSD than anyone else.
And I don’t understand the purpose of it. He’s a stand up guy. Why the BS of always 6 months away for the last 6 years. Makes no sense. Just hurts the brand. My personal opinion is robotaxis are probably end decade and level three still a couple or three years. Yes I know, I’ll see myself out.

1. THE TRANSACTIONS REPORTED ON THIS FORM 4 WERE AUTOMATICALLY EFFECTED PURSUANT TO A RULE 10B5-1 TRADING PLAN PREVIOUSLY ADOPTED ON SEPTEMBER 14, 2021 AND ESTABLISHED BY THE REPORTING PERSON FOR THE PURPOSE OF AN ORDERLY SALE OF SHARES RELATED TO THE EXERCISES OF OPTIONS SCHEDULED TO EXPIRE IN 2022. THIS RULE 10B5-1 TRADING PLAN WAS COMPLETED ON DECEMBER 28, 2021.

All done for this 10b5