Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will stick to my central thesis: Tesla has succeeded because people bought their cars, not their stock. If you believe in the mission, that should be a priority for you.

Hiro agrees with you:

He's right, of course. We need to stop burning oil as soon as possible. TSLA investors with the means should consider the OTHER good they can do with their wealth, through purchasing a Tesla car.

It's about the Mission.

Cheers!

Three further ways to promote the mission are 1) what @Jack|1956 and others do: Taking people for a ride in their Tesla. 2) Get people interested in $TSLA. Aligning their financial well-being with the mission makes them fans and that helps. I got one person to HODL so far, and another is on the brink. 3) Politely address FUD on EVs.

Last edited:
In Germany TL0.F is trending up with today's range so far €735.30 - €726.20 currently at €728.20
or in USD $851.95 - $841.40 currently at $843.72

TESLA INC (TL0.F) Stock Price, News, Quote & History - Yahoo Finance
Only 700 shares of volume though...

I believe Tradegate is more indicative, has been much heavier volume than usual so far today, but with a lower high at €730.90

Ultimately it's irrelevant as the price will snap to whatever $TSLA does in pre-pre-market in theUS when that open, 10:00CET

Futures are somewhat ugly, but plenty of time to recover before main market, more "fear" being spread over China growth and property companies, despite the CN Central Bank saying it was a nothing-burger

Asian markets mixed, not sign of any panic that I can see, FTSE down slightly

Edit: [Thinking about the best way to show how a financially unwise decision to own the product can increase gains (vs. the weak hold posture that would result if no product ownership experience occurred) happened.]
You could say the same for all the people that bought roadsters before the Model S and all the people that bought Model S between then and 2019.

Having buyers for the in place production capacity is key to getting to profitability and staying profitable.

I never said everyone would be better off following my example, I just said for me, being in a lower income situation to start it was worth investing instead of getting a car until I could join you later.

I'm very grateful for every person that ever bought a Tesla of any shape, size, or color. I'm not showing jealousy or remorse. I'm just telling you a choice I made in the past that was relevant to a lower key discussion before it got taken to the next level by people playing devils advocate.

And I'm cool with devils advocates to move the conversation forward, just don't make it an attack on me because I happened to mention my situation. The first negative comment in the chain that crossed the line was the one that used the phrase "not thinking straight".
On the lower end of the income spectrum for this group.

The idea of retiring at all, ever, was out of the question, maybe total net worth is 3 years salary, nearing age 60. For the record, that is the amount where people who advise on long term care insurance tell you not to bother, as you are going to need that money to live.

Mission wise I stacked my order onto the Model 3 stack 1 month after introduction to demonstrate stiff demand past the glitz. To follow through, all direct-able retirement funds went to TSLA, with the agreement that the deal closes if the gains cover the cost of the car. It turns out they did, so I have a silver dual motor (with the badge in the console).

Having the vehicle has helped me as an investor in a Peter Lynch kind of way. Owning the car has a increased conviction. That helps me concentrate with more confidence and realize more (paper) gains.

Here is a Peter Lynch picture of the trunk with a 29er MTB inside. The key part is the cross beam on the ceiling of the trunk. Light yellow here. The front wheel leans against that top rail as if a hatch cover.
4A5F12CF-875E-4DD1-B1E5-3EF910B87844.jpeg

The benefit is that is no rubbing of the wheel on the bike, as the bike is not supporting the wheel, the car is.

I think the placement of the cross rail to support a 2.4 inch tire on a 29er (700c) rim is deliberate. An Easter egg that causes loyalty instead of cursing. Bike frame finish is protected by design.

So owning the car increases conviction and concentration for me, in a Peter Lynch data kind of way.

Last edited by a moderator:
U.S. Markets slowly shrugging off overnight concerns about China growth:

Nasdaq 100 Dec 21 (NQ=F)​

CME Delayed Price. Currency in USD
15,084.00 -50.50 (-0.33%)
As of 5:26AM EDT. Market open.

Tesla still in positive territory with good volume for the early Pre-market:

TSLA Pre-Market Quotes Live​

This page refreshes every 30 seconds.
Data last updated Oct 18, 2021 05:32 AM ET.
Consolidated Last Sale$846.9 +3.87 (+0.46%)
Pre-Market Volume50,263
Pre-Market High$848 (04:10:33 AM)
Pre-Market Low$843.45 (04:00:00 AM)

Just had an epiphany about Elon’s rabbit rocket tweet that is based on zero technical analysis etc.

You know what bunnies do ? They multiply and they are fast. Rockets ? well they take us to the moon, and beyond.

I think Elon is foreshadowing a multiplication of the number of shares (like bunnies)- a stock split announcement or a hint in that direction; perhaps as early as on the earnings call ?that will take us to the moon

Call it wishful thinking, or optimistic prognostication.

Not advice.

Onwards and upwards!
Well, on a direct question at the annual meeting, Elon just said that it wasn't something they planned for now. Not even a week ago.

Also, since they didn't have a vote at the annual meeting on creating more shares it would have to be a 1:1.5 split or something similar.

Still don't understand why they didn't at least create the shares as a threat to the shorters.

Last edited:
I'm there with you. I could have bought a Model 3 in 2018, or 2019, or 2020, or 2021. But that 2018 model 3 would have been $50,000 then and missing out on a 12x gain since then, something north of a half million dollar model 3 if I had bought it instead of TSLA.

No matter how many times you restate it, I can't go back in time and buy a Tesla before I had the money and that doesn't mean I'm not thinking straight. It means your statement was false.

Sorry, I was confused by your statements above.

• Funny
Reactions: callmesam and KMCC
Just had an epiphany about Elon’s rabbit rocket tweet that is based on zero technical analysis etc.

You know what bunnies do ? They multiply and they are fast. Rockets ? well they take us to the moon, and beyond.

I think Elon is foreshadowing a multiplication of the number of shares (like bunnies)- a stock split announcement or a hint in that direction; perhaps as early as on the earnings call ?that will take us to the moon

Call it wishful thinking, or optimistic prognostication.

Not advice.

Onwards and upwards!
We analyze tweets from Elon like teenagers (or maybe cult members) in the 60's analyzed Beetles songs.

We analyze tweets from Elon like teenagers (or maybe cult members) in the 60's analyzed Beetles songs.
More like the dorky boy analyzing the insignificant gesture from the hot girl.

Rabbit holding a rocket before earnings =bullish

A tweet of a song about a dead gorilla before earnigs= bullish