Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View discretion advised. Tesla's have avoided many many accidents. We have driven 4 Teslas(own 3 now) and have not had an accident in them. In fact our Tesla's avoided several close calls such as a Semi moving into our lane or a a car slowing ahead which our responded to. We have EAP and FSD beta in all cars.
I don't feel safe in ANY car other than our Teslas. The regulators better check out the FACTS and forget politics. This is life or death for people in and out of cars.
I am amazed how stupid some individuals have become due to either organic brain issues or money.

Pro sarcasm tip; sarcasm is both serious and not serious at the same time, therefore open to whatever interpretation the receiver wishes to use. Thusly, sarcasm is inclusive and applicable to all.

Indeed, I would argue that how one rates a sarcastic post tells the deployer of said sarcasm much about the receiver, in turn allowing for better communication in non-sarcastic situations - though I’ve yet to determine a single situation where sarcasm can’t be applied.

OT
Agreed, but In some cases, sarcasm is a means of indirectly expressing aggression toward others or insecurity about oneself. (Function: noun. Etymology: from French sarcasme or Latin sarcasmos, both meaning "sarcasm," from Greek sarkasmos "sarcasm," from sarkazein "to tear flesh, bite the lips in rage, sneer," from sark-, sarx "flesh")
With that said I have many times been called a "Sarcastic Bastard"

If I was Zach I would want to spread the credit over several quarters. Is that what could be going on here? Some download in Q4 and others delay until out of beta.

There's actually one weird tricky thing with expanding the beta as it exists now.

We know they take it away from people who don't drive safely enough.

You can't take it away from someone you recognized the revenue for (well, you CAN, but seems like it'd be vastly less complex accounting and tracking wise to recognize it by market on official release where it won't be getting pulled away from people)

Screenshot_20210921-125403_thinkorswim.jpg

Low volume going into the close. Maybe today is a day off for our whales

Edit:
Screenshot_20210921-134654_thinkorswim.jpg

779k closing cross volume today with total volume coming in just over 16M shares.

Last edited:
Have you ever driven in India?? It's... fun. ;) No lanes to speak of, but cars / tuk-tuks / scooters / pedestrians ten wide on roundabouts. Worker on a ladder going up to paint an underpass next to traffic. I even was a passenger on a road in the NE states where one side of a double divided highway was washed out with a mudslide the night before, so drivers just crossed the divide and started driving against on-coming traffic! (nope, no cones or other temporary guides) - oncoming drivers adapted quickly to a single lane. :rolleyes:

Not saying it's not possible. Not saying AI couldn't do better than human drivers there. Not saying it couldn't save lives eventually. But India will be one of the last places to leverage FSD anyway! Rules? Pfft. :oops:

View attachment 712452

View attachment 712454
👍. I lived in Karachi for a year, and one of the first things I had to learn was NOT to stop at red lights, especially at night, or you would be dramatically rear-ended!

Love this idea. There's a number of times where I would have charged for 10-15 minutes on an SC then moved my vehicle to a destination charger while I go into a restaurant and enjoy a nice relaxed, sit-down dinner if the opportunity to do that existed. Currently the SCs are too fast to do that and I find myself just eating at fast food destinations and rushing to get back to my car.
I agree. V3 is way too fast if you plan to eat...
Why doesn't Tesla put 2 parking stalls per plug, unlock the charger upon completion of preset SOC and stop with the idle charges so I can eat? Or maybe 4680 cells charge fast enough to wait real time? 😉

Don't get me wrong, I could care less what max pain is for this week or next week. I'll be happy if we're above 750 heading into P/D weekend numbers (Oct 2nd/3rd). Q3 has been the quarter I've been waiting on as the quarter that will force Wall St's hand to bid up the share price back to it's all time high.

Also......I'm crossing my fingers Tesla will burn Wall St by not disclosing the P/D numbers until night of that Sunday, 3rd.....or in pre-market on Monday Oct 4th. I want to see Wall St scramble

Oh, the irony of it all.

Oops. Sorry. Just saw same link to article above.

Weird pet peeve of mine as well. I generally try and keep quiet, but you scratched my itch, so thank you!

Are you inferring that we should care more because I could careless about that. I love being apart of this group an all but for all intensive purposes itching the scratch is the least of my concerns. Theres to much negativity, and those who own Tesla's shuld under-stand this going in. Your inperfect just like I, and noone is getting more comfortability here with all of these wreckless criticisms. I'm am not a English teacher, but theres my too cents .

/s

A lot of people are gonna be itching right about now, lol.

Oh, the irony of it all.

Oops. Sorry. Just saw same link to article above.
These are actually all separate recalls. The loose subframe bolts, the windshields flying off and the sunroofs flying off.

You just can't make this stuff up. Reality is more ironic than fiction at this point.

There's actually one weird tricky thing with expanding the beta as it exists now.

We know they take it away from people who don't drive safely enough.

You can't take it away from someone you recognized the revenue for (well, you CAN, but seems like it'd be vastly less complex accounting and tracking wise to recognize it by market on official release where it won't be getting pulled away from people)
Will they recognize this on an individual basis though? Seems a little complicated. Isn't it more likely that they simply 'replace' anyone kicked out from new users/buyers?

So you have 10,000 users who has had FSD recognized. 100 gets kicked out. The next 100 new users don't have any new revenue recognized, they simply take the place of those kicked out.

Just seems like a lot less to keep track off with the same result.

Reactions: MikeC and Skryll
Anyone will to take one for the team and listen in and report back?

Btw it’s obnoxious that they’re doing this. Just give the information. Stop trying to make money off your sources (who are wrong half the time anyways 🙄)
When there are Semi's in production and cybertrucks in production, then we can be assured that the new cell line has started in manufacturing volume. Every other 'indicator' is just an attempt to game the market and make money off fluctuations in the valuation, which TSLA is apt to do.

There could be a new Tesla record in Norway this quarter. Big deal you say? With a growing EV market everywhere it's almost hard for Tesla not to set a new record in most markets.

But in Norway the EV share is so high, possibly something like 80% this quarter, that it's not that easy. Especially since in the Norwegian market all the established brands are now actually trying for real to sell their EVs. I don't think there is any other market that has almost every important player putting in an effort.

When Tesla set the current record during the start of European m3 deliveries in Q1 2019 a lot less models were competing.

So that record is 7,174 cars. So far with seven weekdays to go Tesla is at 5,982. That is 1,192 behind. Which translates to 170 cars per weekday remaining.

Considering you have to go back almost ten days to find a day with less than 170 sold it's almost certain there will be a new record. Today was 303.

Unless of course they run out of cars to sell before the end of the month.

Last edited: