Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whoa, I need to take another look. We plan to replace our LR RWD Model 3 with a Model Y. I figured we should wait until the EV tax credit issue was resolved one way or the other. But the iron is hot; we may want to strike now. It has only 26K miles, and is one of the rare ones: silver with the orange glass.

And to make this on topic, our plan is to purchase a Model Y, finance it (we never finance our cars) and use the cash to buy more shares. 😁
I'd like to see that (silver with the orange glass)?

Lots of awful fishy stuff about this:

1. Spotaneously combusted? A real lawyer wouldn't come to such a conclusion without evidence.
2. Posting to Twitter like this seems awfully unprofessional and shady for a law firm.
3. "Our client was trapped." Wait, if he was parked, was he just sitting in the car? Did it just catch fire right after he parked? Or was he not around and wasn't trapped at all? If he was trapped, but got out, he was not trapped.
4. Posting publicly that "we have been ignored so far" on social media seems awful suspect, especially after less than 24 hours.
5. Looking at the picture, the doors are all closed. Did he escape through the door? Then he was not trapped. He closed the door afterward? If he escaped through the window by rolling it down, why?

EVERYTHING about this incident seems fishy. I *really really really* hope they have some cabin/exterior camera footage or other black box data from this. I'd love for Tesla to catch these fraudsters in the act.

Lots of awful fishy stuff about this:

1. Spotaneously combusted? A real lawyer wouldn't come to such a conclusion without evidence.
2. Posting to Twitter like this seems awfully unprofessional and shady for a law firm.
3. "Our client was trapped." Wait, if he was parked, was he just sitting in the car? Did it just catch fire right after he parked? Or was he not around and wasn't trapped at all? If he was trapped, but got out, he was not trapped.
4. Posting publicly that "we have been ignored so far" on social media seems awful suspect, especially after less than 24 hours.
5. Looking at the picture, the doors are all closed. Did he escape through the door? Then he was not trapped. He closed the door afterward? If he escaped through the window by rolling it down, why?
6. That is not a picture of a car "right after" someone escaped. That thing's been burning for awhile.

EVERYTHING about this incident seems fishy. I *really really really* hope they have some cabin/exterior camera footage or other black box data from this. I'd love for Tesla to catch these fraudsters in the act.
But it was an exec!!!!!!!!!!!!! How can Tesla dare to ignore an exec!!!!!!!!! for so long. Several hours. That would do for a regular peasant but an exec!!!!!!! Tesla is in big trouble now.

I thought they were unable to locate owner for like two hours....how if the owner just barely got out?

I love how the entire argument by the lawyer is thrown out by what has already been reported. You'd think he at least checked to see what information was already out before making the tweet to not be exposed so quickly

Reactions: Lessmog and Duffer

I know we are all Tesla enthusiasts here, but lets be completely honest, we do not know for certain there is any fraud involved here. Not yet at least, as we really don't have info in either direction as of yet.

I agree it seems fishy, but feelings aren't evidence, and if we go throwing around premature names and labels without proof then are we any different than the TSLAQ people spreading lies about?

All I'm saying is let's wait for more info before passing judgement. It is possible the car had an issue, not likely but certainly a possibility.

When I read of VW ID4 abilities (Volkswagen ID.4 - Wikipedia)
and do things like watch Sandy (
)

Tesla killer is not an accurate name.
Elon was right! Do it all in house. All teams work together.
Well built car for a cab driver, wow I gotta go try that out.
is this their best shot?
Poor interior functional design.
Hey ID?

great car for an old person, not my kind of a vehicle. I agree with you Sandy!
That’s a winner right there. Last VW I was in (rental) I literally had to watch a you tube video, twice, to figure out how to set the clock. So, this is not a surprise. Seems about right.

I love how the entire argument by the lawyer is thrown out by what has already been reported. You'd think he at least checked to see what information was already out before making the tweet to not be exposed so quickly
We don't know that. Maybe he was driving drunk, hit something, car started on fire so he pulled over and ran away and hid because he didn't want to get a DUI. That fits with what we know doesn't it? (Even a hit and run conviction is better than a DUI conviction.)

We don't know that. Maybe he was driving drunk, hit something, car started on fire so he pulled over and ran away and hid because he didn't want to get a DUI. That fits with what we know doesn't it? (Even a hit and run conviction is better than a DUI conviction.)

I meant the "trapped in the car" narrative the lawyer is pushing. The car was abandoned/empty.........he wasn't trapped.

Reactions: Paul_SF and Duffer
The only comment I have regarding this fire, which should simply be filed under yet another car fire, they happen to all car models all the time and almost always when the car hits something, maybe people should wait to find out what happened, is that I am impressed by the lack of impact on the SP.

I was SURE that the SP would dive on the opening today. I see basically zero effect. Another sign of the maturing and unstoppable BEV movement, with Tesla leading the way?

Or perhaps the players don't want to talk about it, too many of them have taken long positions for the P and D report?

Would be hilarious if Tesla does not provide numbers tomorrow before the open. All the weekly options players would get wiped out in all directions.