Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hilarious. Woke up my wife and pissed her off cackling at the post fight interview.

Hoping he was waiting for a refresh Model S.

Of all the call outs a UFC fighter would make.. this would be the most unexpected.
As I understand it, EM was just invited on the board of this company. Both Rogan and the fighter are advancing their brand (UFC/Endeavor) at the same time... off Tesla’s more broadly recognized brand IMO

It also might help get on SNL when you are a board member of Endeavor and Lorne Michaels (& some of cast) is represented by Endeavor I believe. I expect to see a lot more cross marketing happening as a result. Golfing anyone? Oscars?

EM seems to thrive on publicity but not so sure about Grimes who is reported to have been hospitalized shortly after the SNL event for a panic attack. Interesting times.

As I understand it, EM was just invited on the board of this company. Both Rogan and the fighter are advancing their brand (UFC/Endeavor) at the same time... off Tesla’s more broadly recognized brand IMO

It also might help get on SNL when you are a board member of Endeavor and Lorne Michaels (& some of cast) is represented by Endeavor I believe. I expect to see a lot more cross marketing happening as a result. Golfing anyone? Oscars?

EM seems to thrive on publicity but not so sure about Grimes who is reported to have been hospitalized shortly after the SNL event for a panic attack. Interesting times.
Grimes was the best part of the show as Mario’s wife, Princess Peach.

I am half Italian and spent some part of my childhood making Tortellini in the kitchen with first generation immigrants.

The delivery of her lines was acoustically perfect, and caused a smile.
The motions were stage acting on point as well.

She will be loved no matter what she chooses publicity wise.

Last edited by a moderator:
From now on, I'll be doing a 24-hour early access to my mid-tier Patreon members. The current flyover video is now available to them.

I'll post the link to this forum tomorrow for all of you to enjoy.

I'm hoping this message is acceptable to the mods. I won't be advertising any more and will be posting my public videos just as in the past - but with a delay.

View attachment 662687

Will you be soliciting eyeballs any less?

• Disagree
Reactions: StealthP3D
Damn, these are so regular now that I don't even know they're occurring any more...

Given the Rocket Lab failure the other day, makes you me wonder why anyone would use any other company for orbital payload delivery

A 4K feed, I think that's the first time I've seen that?
@Lycanthrope
the main point was making was, not just 84 launches, (50 satellites this time), not just another almost 700 more by September, not just how they are going over 1,150 at 1 minute after launch, climbing “like a homesick angel”, the almost continuous video feed looking back from launch to landing, “screaming in from 8,000 to soft landing, offset in case of error and hitting the bullseye”, being able to read “of course i still love you” (yay, Iain M Banks) on the deck of the drone ship looking down during powered descent, decelerating using atmospheric cushion,

Its how _casually_ they can do all these things and make the difficult look routine.

This is a demonstration of great power and expertise perhaps finally on the knee of the exponential curve, just in SpaceX & Starlink & SN15,
And the vehicles, and the batteries and the “virtually zero marginal cost potential of the energy” (sunlight) many use.

additionally

We are also on the cusp of communication with alien, non human species.
The monkey that plays pong with its implanted =>neuralink<= electrodes.
remember Stephen Hawking who talked with a type of vocoder?
Could you train a vocoder with a neuralink?
dolphins, whales, cats&dogs living together, and chatting in a mutually understandable language , “a great uplift”

This is _not_ being a “fanboy” or “fangurll”, it’s looking at technology from a viewpoint of camera like perspective, seeing where it’s been and having a fairly good idea where it’s going,
(thanks to all the Science Fiction authors i have read, traveled with, discussed ideas with, all the “what if this, then that”)

around when we _finally_ got a shared party line telephone with 3 other families back then, who liked to listen to your calls, 64 years ago, chopping wood to heat the house or freeze, hand cranking a tractor to start it, from building a TV if we wanted one (we did and glowing leaky tubes made nice ‘nite lights’ with exploding capacitors occasionally and rubber bands to hold the tubes tight) to now, to hanging a monster “TV/computer” on the wall to watch launches, tapping on an iPad, manufacturing all and excess of my own power that can fuel my vehicle, watching things not only 1/2 way round the planet in “lightspeed delayed real time” but in orbit too.

(what will be the downside when many are neuralinked together and we don’t want to be 2-3 seconds behind, waves of mutual thoughts cascading around the planet)

mental ants stuck on a blue marble at the bottom of a gravity well, straining to break free and “go walkabout”
(and love to the bot scrapers who frequent TMC)

Last edited:
Was trying to get the dog interested in sheep herding in central Texas today.

Decided to drive down to see the Giga Factory. It. Is. Giant.

Here is a picture of the north end facing East from the vantage spot on the access road.
101D2048-D7CB-4F5D-9390-39775A1F30A4.jpeg

Lol, with 75 total units produced, the McLaren Senna was as much a production car as Ayrton Senna was a truck driver.

Tesla made more Plaid S last week than the total no. of McSenna's that will ever exist. If you want to track barely-streetable race cars, wait for the Roadster (which will be built by the thousands). And I'm not even talking about the SpaceX edition (which will still likely be built in greater numbers than the Senna).

BTW, the 7-seater Model S Plaid+ will very likely beat ur Senna around Laguna Seca. How embarassing for coal-rollers. Its the end of the ICE-age, and not a moment too soon. Forward!

Cheers!
You're right, Ayrton Senna was a truck driver. Here it is, his own truck in suburban Sāo Paulo with him at the wheel. OTOH, a gigantic portion of the trucks in Brazil back then had Ayrton Senna decoration. One of my nephews still has some on his truck, used mostly for hauling his various motorcycles and Karts around.
Were he alive today I'm certain the Plaid+ would accomplish impossible feats!

Attachments

• ayrton senns com caminhao.jpg
    ayrton senns com caminhao.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 60
You're right, Ayrton Senna was a truck driver. Here it is, his own truck in suburban Sāo Paulo with him at the wheel. OTOH, a gigantic portion of the trucks in Brazil back then had Ayrton Senna decoration. One of my nephews still has some on his truck, used mostly for hauling his various motorcycles and Karts around.
Were he alive today I'm certain the Plaid+ would accomplish impossible feats!
That weekend in May 1994 at Imola was terrible, I was watching qualifying live and saw Ratzenberger killed - it was obvious the moment the car came to a halt that he was dead, then to see the great Senna suffer the same fate the very next day, terrible. What's most frustrating is that Ayrton's death was a freak of the accident, part of the suspension-strut flying through his helmet visor like an arrow, otherwise he would have been fine

Quite astonishing how safe F1 has now become, we had to wait more than 20 years before it happened again with Jules Bianchi - and that was also unusual circumstances, with him sliding off the track and hitting a crane recovering a car at just the wrong angle. Think of the huge, high-speed accidents of recent years: Kubica at Montreal, 2007, Webber at Valencia 2010, Alonso in Melbourne, 2016, and last season Grosjean's fireball in Bahrain...

Here is a picture of the north end facing East from the vantage spot on the access road.
View attachment 662791
I laugh at people that post photos of sunrises and sunsets. Not only is the moment to be lived in, but feeling of size can not be captured in an image that is not of the same size.
"You have to see it to believe it."

Reactions: NooB_cat
Forward Observer

1Q21 was a block buster delivery record. No, Yes?

From Tesla press release following 1Q21; Tesla delivered 2,020 S/Xs; Tesla delivered 182,780 3/Ys. I am hoping I did not screw up transcribing the numbers as I am sure someone will gladly hand me my butt on a platter.

Question ~ If production increases as daydreaming permits of 3/Y, and S production begins a new; pulling assembly folks back to work, what will the numbers look like at the end of 2Q21? Please get the X involved soon.

Answer? Pump up the volume, damn the FUD(MajorBS); full speed ahead:) This quote is courtesy a retired army guy; kayaks do not have torpedoes.

It is hard to keep up with the pace of the thread this weekend ... 🙄

Did everyone lose internet on their island mountains?
Agreed - if people don't start posting I will be forced to update increase my $125T forecast for 2030. Warren is currently live talking about cars mining Teslacoins. Certain to happen!

I think we have our first confirmation of structural battery packs incorporating front and rear castings at Giga Berlin. Photo from this LinkedIn post about casting achievements: Axel Turck on LinkedIn: 130kg Schussgewicht, da musste die große IDRA Mutter mächtig pressen | 57 comments

View attachment 662833

Compare to the slide on the structural pack from Battery Day:

View attachment 662834
Makes sense to start trials with the front-casting (Texas apparently too). This gives them more time to verify and adjust processes or molds if required.
They already got the production experience for the rear in Fremont. That should be more or less 'just' copy&paste.

Nit:
Front and rear castings are independent of the structural pack. They could design it to fit and bolt right into the existing attachement points of the front shotgun like currently done for the rear.
Of course they can't design for every combination and had to settle on a final structure some time ago. They certainly aimed for the max, but there are possible fallbacks if they hit a roadblock..

Last edited:

View attachment 662791
Here are 3 other photos from the day trip. Looking a little left. Looking south along the long dimension and charging at 828 mph in Waco.
AB84E45F-5B6C-4ADA-9BC4-E0D603BA6E80.jpeg
C46CE6D0-F510-4A4E-932A-2204619EC5DF.jpeg
8B5D0C1C-C75F-462F-B03E-D4E9B5502CA8.jpeg