Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anthonyj
Is there a reason that you have a tendency to largely focus on the negative?
Im not conspiratorial by nature but Ive been reading your posts for a # of weeks
and there seems to be a pattern of reporting or emphasizing bad news.
Would you mind backing up your claim that you are a serious investor in Tesla?
By that I mean would you mind posting your stock purchases minus any important or personal information?

Thanks and sorry if I've read you wrong.
No one here should feel compelled to do this.

Anthonyj
Is there a reason that you have a tendency to largely focus on the negative?
Im not conspiratorial by nature but Ive been reading your posts for a # of weeks
and there seems to be a pattern of reporting or emphasizing bad news.
Would you mind backing up your claim that you are a serious investor in Tesla?
By that I mean would you mind posting your stock purchases minus any important or personal information?

Thanks and sorry if I've read you wrong.
When I read something that might move the stock, and no one has posted it yet, I post it here. Positive or negative. Chowdrhy is a mega bull for many years, and I think it’s appropriate to post his newest estimate. We haven’t had much positive news lately, a lot of confusion from Tesla and Elon
EF3A3755-80CC-4541-98C6-F26EC666607E.png

I have more in another account

Attachments

• 8B9F9F5D-044D-41D5-81B6-46B5356430E6.png
    8B9F9F5D-044D-41D5-81B6-46B5356430E6.png
    211.7 KB · Views: 50
When I read something that might move the stock, and no one has posted it yet, I post it here. Positive or negative. Chowdrhy is a mega bull for many years, and I think it’s appropriate to post his newest estimate. We haven’t had much positive news lately, a lot of confusion from Tesla and Elon
View attachment 385126
I have more in another account

Thanks for that! Just seemed your posts contained overwhelmingly negative news. I'm all for posting news that no one else has seen. Don't necessarily agree with your slant on Elon but to each his own.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jovian and anthonyj
Thanks for that! Just seemed your posts contained overwhelmingly negative news. I'm all for posting news that no one else has seen. Don't necessarily agree with your slant on Elon but to each his own.
I personally love Elon. But sometimes he goes off the edge. He doesn’t need to provoke the SEC. He doesn’t need to go on 60 minutes and say that he doesn’t respect the SEC. From a personal standpoint, I root for him! As a shareholder, he can sometimes be a liability.

Btw, how crazy is it that we got no announcements for all of 2018 and in 2019 we could get up to 6 announcements/reveal. Some of these could be announced together so it might only be like 3-4 announcements but you get the point.

V3 Charging
Model Y
S/X Refresh
Pickup
Semi/Roadster re-reveal(prob with updated specs since Elon has been touting that)
FSD demo

Yep, I think putting V3 SuC as a "one more thing" at the Y reveal would have been awesome.

Rewinding the store closings... Update on Tesla Stores and Pricing

Here's my take. Tesla had a chance to look at demand for the various flavors of M3 after the new prices were announced. If you look at Troy's spreadsheet, SR is not particularly popular. SR+ is noticeably more popular, and the more expensive flavors of M3 were well represented too. (note: I strongly suspect the low end Model 3s will see more attention than suggested by Troy's spreadsheet, but the SR vs. SR+ breakdown is likely of value to us). Tesla realized they could bump up the SR+ price and still have a large number of orders for it, and the same was true for the other vehicles. Thus, we have:
* A $35K M3 SR
* A M3 SR+ that will likely still be the most ordered version
* M3s of other flavors that now bring in about 3% more revenue (3% AVERAGE price increase)
* Half the stores remaining open so that the benefit of stores is not lost at this time but at least half the cost is lost. This situation gives Tesla a good chance to see from results how valuable the stores really are and it leaves the door open for a move in either direction.
* No commissions on sales within stores as all sales move online
* An incentive to order before March 18 to lock in lowest prices
* End of quarter incentives in Q2 and Q4 as well as tax credits step down/expire

The biggest negative is that Tesla looks like it can't make up its mind.

Last edited:
But sometimes he goes off the edge. He doesn’t need to provoke the SEC.

He didn't, for 10+ years and Elon being involved in hundreds of SEC filings he never said a thing about the SEC, because he had no reason to.

What happened is that the SEC, under the Trump administration, for whatever reason decided to attack Tesla and Elon.

And that's not just me the Tesla fan saying it, the SEC's own former senior counsel went on the record explaining that Elon's $420 tweets were legal and fully justified, and that the SEC should not have sued...

He doesn’t need to go on 60 minutes and say that he doesn’t respect the SEC.

Context matters, Elon was asked whether the SEC is censoring him:

Lesley Stahl: Have you had any of your tweets censored since the settlement?
Elon Musk: No.

[...]

Elon Musk: I want to be clear. I do not respect the SEC. I do not respect them.
Lesley Stahl: But you're abiding by the settlement, aren’t you?
Elon Musk: Because I respect the justice system.

And there's something seriously wrong with people suggesting that Elon should cow and fake respect when asked whether a U.S. government agency is censoring his speech...

Look, I think the SEC is going to find every legal and illegal tool they can find to attack Tesla and Elon, regardless of whether he is showing respect, and I think counterattack might be a better defense in that situation. Put differently: there's documented evidence that the SEC is breaking the law. Why would Elon faking respect for them help in any way? They'd just use another excuse.

Elon's answer brief to the SEC's motion is due later today, we'll have a chance to reevaluate the strength of their legal position.