Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Noticed very high volume option activities on Mar 15 today. What kind of strategy is this?
tsla_mar15.png

Noticed very high volume option activities on Mar 15 today. What kind of strategy is this?View attachment 367548

Simultaneously buying calls and puts for the same strike? That's a straddle. The additional puts on the 300s mean that if it drops low enough, they think it's going to go really low.

I think this is a bet on a big change occurring due to the March convertibles. They think it's going one way or another, and want to cover both. But they think that the negatives could be particularly bad if it goes south, and want to cash in big if that happens.

Personally, IMHO, the March convertibles are a big nothingburger. But many people haven't come to accept that yet, so...

Last edited:
Amazing, build an engine and we can talk. EV's are easy to work on but they are dangerous.
Well, I'm not really sure how engine building is germane to your assertion that " There is nothing really to work on our cars anyway other than suspension, brakes, wheels and tires which is the same as any other car.", when I just showed you pictures of me working than something other than what you mentioned, but OK, here you go:
IMG_0260.JPG
IMG_0261.JPG
IMG_0263.JPG
IMG_0270.JPG
IMG_0271.JPG
IMG_0283.JPG
IMG_0286.JPG

So, now that we can talk, please to be explaining how we can't work on our own EV's?

Well, I'm not really sure how engine building is germane to your assertion that " There is nothing really to work on our cars anyway other than suspension, brakes, wheels and tires which is the same as any other car.", when I just showed you pictures of me working than something other than what you mentioned, but OK, here you go:

So, now that we can talk, please to be explaining how we can't work on our own EV's?

I have seen vehicles burn to the ground because someone didn't torque a lug correctly and the it arch flashed. I bet you haven't seen that one.

Noticed very high volume option activities on Mar 15 today. What kind of strategy is this?View attachment 367548

I'm starting to think this is some sort of error. I can't find this volume data on any platform.

EDIT: Not to mention, I have a hard time understanding how there could be enough liquidity for such a transaction to even take place. Two million options contracts represents a greater number of shares than the total number of shares outstanding.

Probably not. That battery project he did was seriously reckless. And they didn't even know how you're supposed to put out a li-ion battery fire. I mean, come on... that should be the first thing you look up before you even start on the project. Just google "How do I not kill myself or burn down my workshop when working with large lithium-ion battery packs?"

At least (if I remember the video right) he didn't try to blame that fire on Tesla.
You know what?... I bet he's a Band-Aid Ripper too!

Good explanation. The volumes are too way too high though. I think Fidelity has a glitch or someone fat fingered a manual order? But it's still interesting to see the underlying strategy.

Simultaneously buying calls and puts for the same strike? That's a straddle. The additional puts on the 300s mean that if it drops low enough, they think it's going to go really low.

I think this is a bet on a big change occurring due to the March convertibles. They think it's going one way or another, and want to cover both. But they think that the negatives could be particularly bad if it goes south, and want to cash in big if that happens.

Personally, IMHO, the March convertibles are a big nothingburger. But many people haven't come to accept that yet, so...

I have seen vehicles burn to the ground because someone didn't torque a lug correctly and the it arch flashed. I bet you haven't seen that one.
I have also seen brakes fail from someone who didn't bleed them on their ICE correctly.

So now that we've both proven that it's possible to do things incorrectly on vehicles of both types, can you please put those goalposts back from where you took them and explain how "There is nothing really to work on our cars anyway other than suspension, brakes, wheels and tires …"?

Last edited: