Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where's my stream bro!

But I have a tire, but I only use the air in the bottom to hold up the car. Why should I pay for more air than I need? WHY!

Interestingly, the car hangs off the hub which hangs off the sidewall which hangs off the top of the tire which is supported by the air pressure which is in turn reacting against the ground. So all the air is useful.

If you had a tube tire where the tube was sized such that it only contacted the hub and tire at the bottom, then the bottom air would be all you needed, until it rolled.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Given how critical charging time is to the public’s perception of the practicality of EVs, I’m surprised Tesla isn’t making a bigger deal out of this. Maybe they’re saving it for the Model Y reveal?

Or maybe they are waiting until there are a reasonable number of V3 sites available. You can't really tout the charging speed when there is only one site, with only 4 stalls, in the world.

Loved it up to the five asterisks.

Maybe I’m naive. I feel that Tesla’s domination will be more dramatically successful if it comes via a people propagated epiphany - where the populace learn through experience and an overwhelming number of friends and family reporting that Teslas are amazing. They then learn a second thing - that they’ve been lied to by the media.

Pls add the word ‘accident’ to item 1.

Several of those points are amazing. It’s a list to ponder, not speed read.
Hopefully they don't need to advertise, but if they need to, they should. Maybe just like a month long media blitz to counteract all the misinformation out there. I was in Atlanta last weekend and I only saw five Teslas the whole time. I did a lot walking throughout the city, putting over 40,000 steps on my phones pedometer in two days. I was dumbfounded. There's enormous untapped markets out there. Tesla's come too far to screw it up now. Hopefully they don't have a demand problem and advertising isn't necessary..

Introducing V3 Supercharging
Tesla’s blog post about SC v3
  • 250kw, allows M3 to charge @1000mile range/hour
  • V2 will be unlocking 145kw in coming weeks.
  • Pre heating when you navigate to SC allow 25% faster charging
  • Capex and Opex saving is because same amount of stalls can serve more cars
  • Available to early access only now. GA in US in Q2
  • Thousands more SC in 2019, able to serve “more than 2x more vehicles per day at the end of 2019 compared with today – easily keeping pace with our 2019 fleet growth.” Seems to be bullish estimate of fleet growth.
  • M3 from the beginning, later expend to wider fleet which they did not specify model years.

Last edited:
Introducing V3 Supercharging
Tesla’s blog post about SC v3

Here is the part that everybody really cares about:

Beginning today, we’re opening the first public beta site in the Bay Area, which will incrementally be made available to owners in Tesla’s Early Access Program. We’re launching V3 Supercharging for Model 3, our highest volume vehicle, and we’ll continue to expand access as we review and assess the results of millions of charging events. We will increase Model S and X charging speeds via software updates in the coming months. V3 Supercharging will roll out to the wider fleet in an over the air firmware update to all owners in Q2 as more V3 Superchargers come online. Our first non-beta V3 Supercharger site will break ground next month, with North American sites ramping in Q2 and Q3 before coming to Europe and Asia-Pacific in Q4.

So it doesn't sound like this is actually a public site, and the public still has months to wait before they can experience V3 charging.

Hopefully the "On-Route Battery Warmup" feature will come sooner, since people in cold climates could really use that now and it would make for less crowded Superchargers.