Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OT

All academic subjects are a subset of Physics.
Technically, they're all part of philosophy. Science is "natural philosophy". That said, any subject which gets competent leaves the philosophy department, which is why philosophy departments today only have the subjects about which nobody knows anything...

Hoping we can get some insight and debunk this before the market opens in the morning. Diogenes just posted it on Twitter. Hopefully false, but could Tesla be getting a shakedown from China?

Chuan Tesla Model 3 was suspended by China Customs | jqknews

This is the unverified document mentioned earlier where Tianjin Port and Tesla China said they'd never seen it. It may be a fraud. There may be something real there, but it's obviously not a big deal if they haven't bothered to give it to the ports or Tesla.

Can any one answer why it still says 2 to 4 weeks for the short range model 3, either almost no orders or they have very misleading delivery eastimates.
It's #2.

Look, does ANYONE remember getting their car when the "delivery estimate" was? Mine was months late, some people's were weeks early...

Tesla should have separate reservation queues for different versions of Model Y so that people ordering the lower cost version can understand that they will receive their deliveries after the higher cost ones.
In theory, the wait might not be as long even though they will roll out the premium long range models first. The biggest hangup is the standard range battery and that battery will be in high volume production by the time that the Model Y hits. The store closings and layoffs should all be completed by the time Model Y rolls out so the savings will all translate directly.

Wtf tesla....work on your PR and messaging. News today is covering the fake report of china making them hault car sales. This was alrrady debunked here but its all over yahoo finance and even Electrek.

IIRC, the PR position was also not a stable position at Tesla. They’ve been having a revolving door with the head PR.
(But does it matter who the PR is when Elon seems to tweet any thing any time?)

Poorly timed shorting this am similar to poorly timed longs buying yesterday

Hey, I resemble that remark!

Wonder when Tesla will realize it's time for damage control.

Leaving investors with a bunch of questions unanswered about a major decision is never a good plan.

They've got the double-whammy this time of also pissing off a large subset of their customer base with the AP changes. I say this as someone who's fine with the discount offered to my particular scenario.

Wonder when Tesla will realize it's time for damage control.

Leaving investors with a bunch of questions unanswered about a major decision is never a good plan. They'll invent the worst possible scenarios in their minds.

Talk:
  • Margins
  • Volume
  • Demand
  • Stores

I recall a year or year and half ago @DaveT called for Tesla to control the narrative, and he went on to explain how they should go about this. That failure to control the narrative has come home to roost. There’s no clear boundary being set and confusion is rampant.

I think tesla and Elon deserve a bit of leeway but hopefully they can pull their stuff together quickly.

In theory, the wait might not be as long even though they will roll out the premium long range models first. The biggest hangup is the standard range battery and that battery will be in high volume production by the time that the Model Y hits.

Based on M3 lessons learnt, no Fed tax credits(which Tesla used to give priority to higher models), and also with MY being produced in China - no reason why all 3 cannot be built at once.

M3 promise was partially kept, but it ticked off so many people.

So TSLA needs to give different queue for different sub-category and build according to some mix .. cheers!!

I am planning to reserve 1 regardless ... (as long as there is refund) ....cheers!!

So:

"According to the Commodity Inspection Department, Shanghai Customs found in the inspection of imported vehicles that four batches of 1600 Tesla Model 3 logos were not in compliance. The 1600 automotive brake fluid tanks have English warning signs, but all are not marked in Chinese. In addition, some vehicles do not have a vehicle nameplate, or the vehicle model and motor power indicator do not match the actual."​

Even if it's legit, this looks rather trivial to resolve.

Yeah, sounds like a week’s delay. I was worried that this was a bogus “non compliance” issue, but these are legit concerns, and equally, easy to fix.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden and Remus