Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice to see Tesla not down on another big macro day.........until I look over and see Nio is up another 10% to a 57 billion market cap......57 billion. They delivered 5,000 cars in Oct. Tesla is going to average 60,000 cars per month this quarter. Forget this stupid market. :confused:

(Yes this doesn't matter at all long term......still won't stop me from being salty as hell in the meantime while the two market caps have these comically similar valuations)
Why are you so salty?
You know that many people bet against Nio because it's a car company and new car companies usually goes bankrupt. They are experiencing a squeeze. We have seen price actions like this many time with TSLA. Understand many times the stock price and what the actual fundamentals detach. Tsla valuation almost doubled from a stock split. Squeeze phase requires no explanation besides the magnitude of how much shorts or naked shorts have F-ed up.

I bet my oldest daughter that Biden wins PA to close this out, Trump's lead below 100k now, Biden getting 2 for every 1 Trump vote with 430k still to be declared.

I think it's inevitable.

GA might flip too, will be close. NC for Trump.

NV and AZ fell asleep...

Could be resolved tonight, the question is, will markets react positively to a result, or will it be another, dreaded, sell-the-news event?
upload_2020-11-5_22-29-55.png

Last edited:
I bet my oldest daughter that Biden wins PA to close this out, Trump's lead below 100k now, Biden getting 2 for every 1 Trump vote with 430k still to be declared.

I think it's inevitable.

GA might flip too, will be close. NC for Trump.

NV and AZ fell asleep...

Could be resolved tonight, the question is, will markets react positively to a results, or will it be another, dreaded, sell-the-news event?
View attachment 605655
There is no uncertainty left for the market to react to. Biden gets to 270 with AZ & NV, 290 with PA and 306 with GA. The only real question mark of those 4 is GA.

Reactions: Tslynk67
NV has reported they will not finalize their vote till next week, as mail-in ballots are allowed to be delivered up till the 10th.
AZ has said they won't finish counting till next week.

As expected, this will drag out, because there will be recounts and lawsuits. In the end, Biden will take office, but expect it to be nauseating to get to that point.

There is no uncertainty left for the market to react to. Biden gets to 270 with AZ & NV, 290 with PA and 306 with GA. The only real question mark of those 4 is GA.
The extent of the win matters. Biden wins by 1 electoral vote with AZ/NZ, there will be a lot of dragging through the mud. If Biden wins everything except NC right now, whatever the incumbent president wants to flame has less clout.

Well, Biden will take PA, that's clear, so AZ and NV will not be needed for a victory declaration.

I don't see any legal recourse for Trump, all the election officials are doing is counting the ballots that were cast, according to the rules. I would assume his advisors will be explaing this, whether he listens, or not. Of course the lawyers will see some easy money to be made along the way.

Edit: 9500 the gap now in GA...

Nice to see Tesla not down on another big macro day.........until I look over and see Nio is up another 10% to a 57 billion market cap......57 billion. They delivered 5,000 cars in Oct. Tesla is going to average 60,000 cars per month this quarter. Forget this stupid market. :confused:

(Yes this doesn't matter at all long term......still won't stop me from being salty as hell in the meantime while the two market caps have these comically similar valuations)

So in rough numbers, NIO produces an order of magnitude less cars and carries an order of magnitude lower valuation. What is so stupid about that?

Well, Biden will take PA, that's clear, so AZ and NV will not be needed for a victory declaration.

I don't see any legal recourse for Trump, all the election officials are doing is counting the ballots that were cast, according to the rules. I would assume his advisors will be explaing this, whether he listens, or not. Of course the lawyers will see some easy money to be made along the way.

Edit: 9500 the gap now in GA...

It's probably a ploy to never concede defeat and have at least some kinda plausible story as to why. This I'm guessing is going to have a bunch of fringe benefits down the road, plus of course the <beep> is going to keep his ego intact. Doesn't look like anything market-moving, just minor political games.

So in rough numbers, NIO produces an order of magnitude less cars and carries an order of magnitude lower valuation. What is so stupid about that?

Umm the math?

Tesla is selling 12X the vehicles that Nio is selling on a monthly basis + Tesla has revenue coming in from the Energy side that Nio doesn't haven't.

Yet Tesla's market cap is only roughly 7X the market cap of Nio. That's stupid. Tesla has just as good of a revenue growth rate as Nio, except they're doing it a much larger scale which is way more impressive. And this isn't taking into account the many other things Tesla has for future growth that Nio doesn't have.

I'm surprised I need to point out how the market caps of these two companies are not being fairly valued

Umm the math?

Tesla is selling 12X the vehicles that Nio is selling on a monthly basis + Tesla has revenue coming in from the Energy side that Nio doesn't haven't.

Yet Tesla's market cap is only roughly 7X the market cap of Nio. That's stupid. Tesla has just as good of a revenue growth rate as Nio, except they're doing it a much larger scale which is way more impressive. And this isn't taking into account the many other things Tesla has for future growth that Nio doesn't have.

I'm surprised I need to point out how the market caps of these two companies are not being fairly valued

NIO profit margin is substantially lower. They are touting battery swap but it's outsourced to 3rd party. The battery tech is also not in house.

Umm the math?

Now do a comparison of Market Cap between $TSLA and $NKLA (before they tanked) :)

Umm the math?

NIO has almost no value from FSD or energy and does not have appropriate plans to grow manufacturing either. NIO is worth something, but it’s probably less then half of its current value. Tesla is growing much faster then NIO could with their current plans.

Unfortunately I have seen plenty of 'neighbors' posting edge stuff about civil war. I think the market will go up substantially as soon as a winner is called, especially if it happens today during market hours.

"Civil War" is the GOP line when facing a loss.
It's the equivalent of the "I'm moving to Canada" Democrats use when losing.

Neither proclamation has much follow through (the odd Democrat might actually move to Canada, and the odd Republican might end up doing something stupid with a gun, but 99.9999% of people just grumble.)

=====

In regards to Tesla, I think todays solid share price performance is the growing realisation that a Biden presidency will still be very advantageous for Tesla, even with a red Senate.