Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday TSLA wasn’t allowed to rise bigly with tech. A reasonable explanation was that it was taking the hit with renewables, which were down significantly.

Today it hasn’t been allowed to rise in an absolutely monstrous day for green energy/solar. TAN, a solar ETF, is up nearly 11%. Yes, an ETF.

It's really petty behaviour when we all know that Lycanthrope need to sell down soon so that they can buy the house he and his wife dreams about. Really petty! And 500 is such a nice and round number too! Petty!

I frequently interviewed Jon Najarian when he was a CBOE market maker, and I made my daily visit there for my Chicago TV show. He's a smart and honest market commentator/investor. Late last hour on CNBC regarding Tesla, he said, "Bought more; I like the upside."

CNBC - 42 minutes ago:

Typical CNBC. The last guy to go is positive on TSLA, and they give him practically zero time to explain why.

F-ers.

It's really petty behaviour when we all know that Lycanthrope need to sell down soon so that they can buy the house he and his wife dreams about. Really petty! And 500 is such a nice and round number too! Petty!

I'll find a way, don't worry!

Hmmm, what's with that sudden mini bear-raid there, very sneaky...

upload_2020-11-5_20-7-51.png

You jest, but THEY read this forum now. Don’t be so sure there isn’t more truth to your post!

Einhorn Blames Tesla ‘Mania’ for Hurting Greenlight Re’s Performance
Published: Nov. 5, 2020 at 11:14 a.m. ET

"He blamed retail investors for the loss, calling stock performance evidence of a “mania.”"

What a dick. But we all already knew that.

Wonder if him, Chanos, and GJ all have weekly calls to discuss how much they've lost on $TSLA....actually, take GJ out of that...i always have my doubts if he actually has any 'real' clients or actually puts any of his $$ in shorting $TSLA.

EV stock channel did a nice video about a potential lithium supplier to Tesla called European Metals which has a mine ~150mi away from GigaBerlin.

It does sound like a promising piece of the supply chain - but look what happened to the stock price after the video.
upload_2020-11-5_19-10-48.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-11-5_19-10-8.png
    upload_2020-11-5_19-10-8.png
    75.1 KB · Views: 39
  • upload_2020-11-5_19-10-29.png
    upload_2020-11-5_19-10-29.png
    40.9 KB · Views: 41
EV stock channel did a nice video about a potential lithium supplier to Tesla called European Metals which has a mine ~150mi away from GigaBerlin.

It does sound like a promising piece of the supply chain - but look what happened to the stock price after the video.
View attachment 605613
I'm thinking starting a youtube channel and having my brother buy stocks the day before any new episode could be lucrative.

Also, there are still undiscovered tech. I am not going to crowd into amzn or aapl.

The amount of tech work my friends are getting is pretty insane. This event concentrated a lot of wealth into tech workers and they are consumer of tech. Upon inspecting non tech workers habits you'll realize a large discrepancy between their spending on tech.

Cathy Wood is that you? :) And heck yea, I just bought a Tesla and I'm in tech :) Thanks for your reply!

Nice to see Tesla not down on another big macro day.........until I look over and see Nio is up another 10% to a 57 billion market cap......57 billion. They delivered 5,000 cars in Oct. Tesla is going to average 60,000 cars per month this quarter. Forget this stupid market. :confused:

(Yes this doesn't matter at all long term......still won't stop me from being salty as hell in the meantime while the two market caps have these comically similar valuations)

Last edited:
Nice to see Tesla not down on another big macro day.........until I look over and see Nio is up another 10% to a 57 billion market cap......57 billion. They delivered 5,000 cars in Oct. Tesla is going to average 60,000 cars per month this quarter. Forget this stupid market. :confused:

(Yes this doesn't matter at all long term......still won't stop me from being salty as hell in the meantime while the two market caps have these similar comical valuations)

Don't be salty. Almost all my tech picks went up 10% or more. Macro is tech.

Published: Nov. 5, 2020 at 11:14 a.m. ET

"He blamed retail investors for the loss, calling stock performance evidence of a “mania.”"

What a dick. But we all already knew that.

what a tool. yes YOU einhorn. i hope your minions are reading this.

try this explanation instead:

i despise elon musk

I made huge bets against tsla, elon, the tesla team, and all those who ‘get’ it.

the usual antics that my cronies and i use to stack the deck in our favor and increase the chance that the bet pays off were thwarted by all those mentioned above, including the continued and undeniable product success during this, still early, global adoption period, and a seemingly never-ending stampede of iteration and innovation in the face of global pandemic.

while we believe tsla may still be temporarily overvalued, we believe it’s best to get out of the way at this point, and move on in search of real paper tigers in the marketplace.

we will get it right next time.
yours truly,
DE

(and what kind of tax/accounting hocus pocus is used when a hedge fund is papered as a ‘reinsurance’ company - who’s the fraud now?)