Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Probably off topic, so moderators move it if it bothers you.

Just brainstorming here. I want to start putting out prediction prices, but don't want it to end up affecting the market. So it'll have to be not readable until the date of the prediction at which time price will be revealed. It'll have to be something that I cannot change so that readers can be assured that I cannot change the price. Any good idea on how to do this?

Encrypt your prediction, then release the key post earnings if you were right.
I'll go first and use the XOR cypher :D
abcdefghijklmnopqrstruvxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstruvxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstruvxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstruvxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstruvxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstruvxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstruvxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstruvxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstruvxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstruvxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstruvxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstruvxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstruvxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstruvxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstruvxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstruvxyz

Just brainstorming here. I want to start putting out prediction prices, but don't want it to end up affecting the market. So it'll have to be not readable until the date of the prediction at which time price will be revealed. It'll have to be something that I cannot change so that readers can be assured that I cannot change the price. Any good idea on how to do this?

(Curious why you might think your predictions would affect the market....but...)

Maintain a password protected spreadsheet, new password when a new prediction is added. Inform people of spreadsheet update, they can grab a copy. Later, release the password.

• Disagree
Reactions: wnorris and KMCC
https://seekingalpha.com/article/43...st-in-worlds-advanced-ev-market-in-peak-month

Another SA hit piece.

I post it not b/c we don't know the FUD that they will post, but specifically for people to look at the comments in the article. The comments show that we still have a LONG way for Tesla perceptions to improve. Even among Europeans in that thread, there are some simply dead wrong impressions about Tesla.
Didn't click but I disagreed because contrived comments are probably part of the FUD.

Send it to me in a private message, I won't tell.

Absolutely! It's time to consider that FSD isn't priced into Tesla stock.

And that the market is forward-looking, but only as far as it thinks it can see. What this means is that FSD will be priced in long before it has regulatory approval. It will happen when people see a large enough improvement in FSD behavior that they can personally see that it WILL happen, that it's just a matter of time. Right now many think that point is far in the future (or will never happen with the current sensor suite). But a sudden improvement in self-driving capabilities will cause investors to re-asses the situation and the share price will follow.
I see it as happening soon. He said some early release getting it soon. And, the way the car drives so well now, as it is, each improvement along the way adds conviction.

Encrypt your prediction, then release the key post earnings if you were right.
I'll go first and use the XOR cypher :D
abcdefghijklmnopqrstruvxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstruvxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstruvxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstruvxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstruvxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstruvxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstruvxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstruvxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstruvxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstruvxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstruvxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstruvxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstruvxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstruvxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstruvxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstruvxyz

Great thanks.

I took a bike ride and saw a dead chicken on the side of the road. Could not tell if the owner knew about it though he seemed sorry sitting on his porch, though he did wave. I don't think this will have any effect on share price. I'm sorry his chicken died.
Please tell me it did not die before achieving its goal?

Tesla's Model 3 Lost In The World's Most Advanced EV Market In A Peak Month (NASDAQ:TSLA) | Seeking Alpha

Another SA hit piece.

I post it not b/c we don't know the FUD that they will post, but specifically for people to look at the comments in the article. The comments show that we still have a LONG way for Tesla perceptions to improve. Even among Europeans in that thread, there are some simply dead wrong impressions about Tesla.

Didn't click but I disagreed because contrived comments are probably part of the FUD.

More and more comments these days are AI generated so don't read too much into them.

I work in AI

The media narrative seems to be turning around. And clean energy stocks are on a rip.

The turning point seems to be the california wildfire.

Now I am watching out to see if we reach a point where there are no critics. And if we get to an over exuberance beyond that.
It will continue to be worth the while of the fossil industry to slow down change. Resistance will continue.