Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla to J1772 adapter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you know if this program is available for office businesses (i.e., non retail, restaurant or hotel)? Or, can you provide a contact info/e-mail so that I could get more information about this program?

What you are asking about is referred to as "workplace charging", not "destination charging". Workplace charging is important for drivers with limited range EVs such as the Leaf if they have long commutes. It's not something Tesla needs to support given the range of Teslas. Destination charging is for travel destinations, locations for overnight stays or day trips, not intended for daily use by the same driver.

Yes, that's right. The program is for locations where owners are likely to need overnight charging. It might even be near a supercharger, so that those who are staying in the area don't have to wait around while they get that charge - they can just check in and go to bed for the night, waking up to a fully charged car. It takes the load of the superchargers, is more cost-effective, and is more convenient for the person traveling.

And while I'm happy to pass on specific requested destinations, I'm not comfortable posting (or supplying) the contact information of a bandwidth-constrained crew. I'd rather gather information together and send it to them in an organized fashion, if that makes sense. They've got enough to do without bombarding them with emails from all directions. And then people start complaining that they didn't hear back.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm assuming you cannot charge at home for some reason, so you're looking for a way to charge while at work. If you need a spot to charge at work, sometimes local municipalities provide incentives to employers for providing workplace charging. I'd start by looking into that. And definitely talk to the office landlord about their plans for providing Level 2 charging to tenants. Lots of people have convinced employers to install stations as a benefit -- I'd start there & know what incentives are available when you have that conversation.