Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So nobody's talking about the dot that popped up in Alabama? Usually there's a bunch of posts by the time I get here when something random like that shows up. Looks like Greenville, but I don't remember any rumors in that area...

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, Greenville. Now that the list below the map is gone I'm not in the habit yet of checking the "Find Us" page...

Screen Shot 2014-12-05 at 8.20.56 PM.png

So nobody's talking about the dot that popped up in Alabama? Usually there's a bunch of posts by the time I get here when something random like that shows up. Looks like Greenville, but I don't remember any rumors in that area...

A little birdy told Cottonwood that Greenville was coming, but apparently failed to mention it would be live so soon. The same birdy also mentioned Auburn and Mobile so maybe we need to watch those locations if we want to avoid being pleasantly surprised by an unexpected supercharger opening.

Just used the Rancho Cucamonga Supercharger site, and can confirm 12 charging stalls, 14 marked Tesla spots.
Any other Supercharger sites where there are marked designated Tesla-only parking stalls not for charging purposes, just the mall/restaurant/bank/landlord owner gives preferential parking for Tesla owners? Rancho Cucamonga's Victoria Gardens Mall SC site is the first I have heard of Tesla-designated parking not for a charger stall. anywhere else?

Any other Supercharger sites where there are marked designated Tesla-only parking stalls not for charging purposes, just the mall/restaurant/bank/landlord owner gives preferential parking for Tesla owners? Rancho Cucamonga's Victoria Gardens Mall SC site is the first I have heard of Tesla-designated parking not for a charger stall. anywhere else?
Nothing good will come of this. It just feeds into the perception of EV entitlement. We need charging spaces, not preferential parking spaces.

I've visited about 30 Superchargers and many are only 'preferred' or half of the spots are 'Tesla only' the other half is 'general parking' sometimes with a time limit. Some locations had big cones to make sure no non-Telsa car would park there. Some have the 'Tesla vehicle charging' sign, but it doesn't say anything else, so it's unclear if it's exclusive or not. It really depends on what kind of a deal they made with the owners. Some owners gave them the parking spots exclusive, other not.

I've visited about 30 Superchargers and many are only 'preferred' or half of the spots are 'Tesla only' the other half is 'general parking' sometimes with a time limit. Some locations had big cones to make sure no non-Telsa car would park there. Some have the 'Tesla vehicle charging' sign, but it doesn't say anything else, so it's unclear if it's exclusive or not. It really depends on what kind of a deal they made with the owners. Some owners gave them the parking spots exclusive, other not.

Two Rancho Cucamonga Tesla-only designated parking spaces.are not associated with any charger bays . Just allows Tesla drivers to park there exclusively for using the mall. This is a different situation than your post which speaks about spaces with charging bays in them.

Two Rancho Cucamonga Tesla-only designated parking spaces.are not associated with any charger bays . Just allows Tesla drivers to park there exclusively for using the mall. This is a different situation than your post which speaks about spaces with charging bays in them.

Oh I guess I misunderstood! That is odd. Maybe they will add two HPWC there later? Would make sense for those who plan to spend more time at the mall so slower charging is fine.

There are two spots right in the middle of the Gilroy chargers with no pedestals. Maybe future pedestals are planned, but they obviously can be parked in by anyone. BTW Gilroy has an open slot for transformer with conduit coming out of the pad for 4 more charging pedestals.

Update including December 7th, 2014:

North America
2012: 0 + 0 + 2 + 7 = 9
2013: 0 + 2 + 11 + 28 = 41
2014: 32 + 16 + 19 + 23 = 90
Total: 9 + 41 + 90 = 140

Europe
2013: 0 + 0 + 6 + 8 = 14
2014: 0 + 10 + 46 + 40 = 96 (Including: Berlin, Germany)
Total: 14 + 96 = 110

Asia
2014: 0 + 3 + 16 + 22 = 41

Global total: 140 + 110 + 41 = 291

2014 total so far: 90 + 96 + 41 = 227

Q1 2014 total: 32 + 0 + 0 = 32
Q2 2014 total: 16 + 10 + 3 = 29
Q3 2014 total: 19 + 46 + 16 = 81
Q4 2014 so far: 23 + 40 + 22 = 85

First half of 2014: 32 + 29 = 61
Second half of 2014 (so far a total of 160 days): 81 + 85 = 166
Remaining days in second half of 2014: 24

166 new live Supercharger stations in 160 days (in second half of 2014), that's even more than 1 new live Supercharger station per day, that's extraordinary!!!

Last edited: