Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Corning is live
Someone suggested yesterday it was not

Corning Supercharger | Tesla Motors

- - - Updated - - -

Twitter / TeslaClubBE: Via @mgillet @TeslaMotors HQ ...

tesla dashboard.jpg

All -

Confirmed yesterday that there will be Northeast Superchargers:

- Greenwich, CT on Merritt Parkway right by NY/CT border
- Edison NJ on the NJ Turnpike
- JFK Airport (still weird but will help Long Island owners)

Also the new Tesla Store & Service Center in Milford, CT (right near the supercharger) will be open in early November! Huge facility with a 300 car parking lot, large showroom and large service center all in one!

They will have up to 5 Model S's in the showroom for immediate sale. Was told that CT laws require that people who are interested in purchasing a car have to be able to do it right there and be able to drive off with it.

Aaron

All -

Also the new Tesla Store & Service Center in Milford, CT (right near the supercharger) will be open in early November! Huge facility with a 300 car parking lot, large showroom and large service center all in one!

They will have up to 5 Model S's in the showroom for immediate sale. Was told that CT laws require that people who are interested in purchasing a car have to be able to do it right there and be able to drive off with it.

Aaron

I *may* have heard last night that the one in Sturbridge, MA is coming on line in the middle of next month. :wink:
I *may* have also heard the timetable for the NH supercharger but I *may* have forgotten it already. :crying:

Anyone seen the Mt Shasta SC? I'm traveling NM-WA next week. Corning - Grants Pass is ~225... a little too far for comfort even in an 85... Thought I'd have to use HPCs to make the trip; These SCs could not have come at a better time :)

I have done the run between the Silverthorne, CO supercharger and my house in Pagosa Springs, CO three times now in my P85. That run is 237 miles, crosses three passes, and the continental divide two times. Its close, but doable. Doing a range charge on a Supercharger can be very frustrating. I now get 263 on a full range charge. To charge from 149 rated miles to 259, took an hour and a half a few days ago! That is still an average of 74 mph charge rate for the session, but...I have version 4.5; I am hoping that 5.0 will speed this up to match the claims on the Supercharger Page. According to their chart (copied below), my charge times should about be cut in half.

My method is to drive very conservatively, speed limit or 55 mph as my max, full hypermilling technique, etc. until I have 20% margin in rated miles over miles to go. At that point, I start upping my max speed to keep the 20% margin or better. If the margin left starts decreasing, then I start thinking about where my alternate charge locations are...remember if you have alternate charge locations, there is no range anxiety. Altitude corrections are a big deal in Colorado, and probably an issue on I-5 on that route as well. I use a correction of 6 miles per 1,000 feet, its pretty good, and is pretty easy mental math to do while driving.

Your biggest enemies are headwinds and cold. May the wind be at your back! :wink:

Attachments

• SC Charging.png
    SC Charging.png
    61.9 KB · Views: 1,418
Last edited:
All -

Aaron

Well that's great news Aaron. Thanks for sharing. But confirmed by whom?

That is a great picture. Too bad Tesla does not put a version of that up on the web. Oh well, I guess that they consider it "too proprietary."

A few observations:
  • Glenwood Springs, CO is the least used Supercharger.
  • Nice weekly pattern in the daily usage.
  • Love the coming soon dots. There are two in North Carolina; looks like the I-95 and I-85 cooradors are being filled in.
  • There are 32 Supercharges listed on the left of this picture and only 30 on the Tesla Supercharger Web Page.
  • At the national average price of electricity, they have delivered about $152k of electricity or the approximate cost of installing one Supercharger.

The bar chart on the left side of jcstp's photo shows the usage at each supercharger. I zoomed in to discern the names of the stations. From top to bottom, they are: Fremont, Hawthorne, Gilroy, Folsom, Harris Ranch, Tejon Ranch, Atascadero, Barstow, Darien, Buellton, Newark, Centralia, Milford, Cinderella*, Woodburn, Burlington (WA), Port St. Lucie, Lillehammer*, Gol*, San Marcos, Dombas*, Fort Myers, Cherry Valley (Rockford), Bellmead (Waco), Lyngdal*, Silverthorne, Port Orange, Columbus, Normal, Palo Alto, Aurland*, Glenwood Springs. (*= Norway)

The bar chart on the left side of jcstp's photo shows the usage at each supercharger. I zoomed in to discern the names of the stations. From top to bottom, they are: Fremont, Hawthorne, Gilroy, Folsom, Harris Ranch, Tejon Ranch, Atascadero, Barstow, Darien, Buellton, Newark, Centralia, Milford, Cinderella*, Woodburn, Burlington (WA), Port St. Lucie, Lillehammer*, Gol*, San Marcos, Dombas*, Fort Myers, Cherry Valley (Rockford), Bellmead (Waco), Lyngdal*, Silverthorne, Port Orange, Columbus, Normal, Palo Alto, Aurland*, Glenwood Springs. (*= Norway)

Thanks, that's useful!

Aaron.s said:

Aaron
I *may* have heard last night that the one in Sturbridge, MA is coming on line in the middle of next month. :wink:
I *may* have also heard the timetable for the NH supercharger but I *may* have forgotten it already. :crying:
Has anyone heard about the one in RI? I'm still unhappy with that location because it's poorly placed for going to the outer Cape. I wrote to them proposing Mansfield MA instead.

All -

Aaron

Any guesses on the Edison site? I'm assuming Exit 10. I mean, you almost have to put it in (or right around) the Menlo Park mall, right?

I'm disappointed that none of the New England SuperChargers are in the "Coming Soon" category. The SC in Rhode Island was supposed to be a "summer" install, and Concord NH a "fall". While I appreciate that Tesla has delivered far more cars in California, there's a chicken-and-egg problem: poor charging options reduces demand. Tesla, please get your Northeast SC team cracking!

So Darien, Newark and Centralia top the non-California locations? Interesting data indeed.

I'm disappointed that none of the New England SuperChargers are in the "Coming Soon" category. The SC in Rhode Island was supposed to be a "summer" install, and Concord NH a "fall". While I appreciate that Tesla has delivered far more cars in California, there's a chicken-and-egg problem: poor charging options reduces demand. Tesla, please get your Northeast SC team cracking!

+1

I was a bit concerned reading an article mentioning the ability to drive "from Miami to Boston".

On the plus side, NC and VA chargers are to be completed soon and then could herald a relocation of crews. I can't believe they wouldn't want to get more chargers in place for the winter tourism season.

Although there aren't any values on the x-axis of the graph of kWh delivered in the last 30 days, I was able to calculate relative congestion at each supercharger by dividing the length of each bar by the number of chargers at each site. There's no surprise for the four most congested: Fremont (24.75 relative congestion), Hawthorne (16.33), Gilroy (15), and Folsom (10). Next are Barstow (6.25), Tejon Ranch (5.33), Harris Ranch (5), and Newark (4.5). Milford is 3.75, Cinderella is 3.5, Atascadero is 3.25, Darien is 3, and Buellton is 2.6. All the rest are 2 or less. Glenwood Springs is a 0.17 - less than 1/100th as busy as Fremont.