Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just realized that the red circles on the Tesla SC rollout map extend into Mexico as the rollout slider is advanced. Interesting, cuz I recall something about driving into Mexico violating the warranty.

That was clarified later to mean staying in Mexico for a prolonged period--not just going for a day or two (not that I would every take my Model S there).

I'm excited to see that there are plans for a Supercharger somewhere in the vicinity of San Bernardino in Southern California, perfect for trips up to Big Bear Lake, over Cajon Pass, or out toward Palm Springs.

I'm super excited for the San Bernardino / Redlands area one. I haven't seen any other mentions of it. Anyone have any hints or guesses as to a more exact location? I'm really hoping it's on the way to Big Bear somewhere along the 215, 210, 10 square which would be perfect for anyone headed to the 330 or 38 routes up into the San Bernardino mountains from anywhere in the LA Basin/Orange County/San Diego area. This will be especially useful for ski trips!

I'm super excited for the San Bernardino / Redlands area one. I haven't seen any other mentions of it. Anyone have any hints or guesses as to a more exact location? I'm really hoping it's on the way to Big Bear somewhere along the 215, 210, 10 square which would be perfect for anyone headed to the 330 or 38 routes up into the San Bernardino mountains from anywhere in the LA Basin/Orange County/San Diego area. This will be especially useful for ski trips!
As I mentioned in another thread the Cabazon Outlets are owned by the same firm that owns the outlets at Folsom and Gilroy. While not Redlands, Cabazon is sorta close to there.

I agree. I know some have mentioned that they think Cabazon is a likely site for SC but if you look at the dot on the high resolution SC maps that have been posted in these forums elsewhere, the dot is clearly in the Inland Empire, only slightly east of the 215. Essentially right smack on top of San Bernardino - Loma Linda perhaps as far east as Redlands but definitely not east enough to be Cabazon. Plus, the second dot on the 10 seems to project over Coachella, north of the Salton Sea.

A SC in the Inland Empire would facilitate travel to Las Vegas (in addition to local mountains or Mammoth), particularly if you're travelling from San Diego and want to add some charge before tackling the Cajon pass.

The high resolution maps have been fairly accurate in predicting some of the other sites such as El Centro so my thought is that they will place it somewhere just east of the 215 rather than way east in Cabazon. But we'll see.

One drawback I see is that the inland empire is very populated but so is San Juan Capistrano.

As I mentioned in another thread the Cabazon Outlets are owned by the same firm that owns the outlets at Folsom and Gilroy. While not Redlands, Cabazon is sorta close to there.

Thanks.

But oh gosh, I hope that's not where it goes. By going with Cabazon it would be too far east to be useful for the ski areas. 30miles west in SB or Redlands and it still covers the 10 east, but also gets right on the routes in and out of the ski areas / mountains.

Thanks.

But oh gosh, I hope that's not where it goes. By going with Cabazon it would be too far east to be useful for the ski areas. 30miles west in SB or Redlands and it still covers the 10 east, but also gets right on the routes in and out of the ski areas / mountains.

there's a clear pattern in the spacing of superchargers in southern california of about 70-75 miles or so between them, and Cabazon is about 100 miles from Hawthorne and about 40 miles from Indio/Coachella.

Tesla's current published maps would have to be wrong for Cabazon to be one of the SC sites. I'm not saying Tesla couldn't install a SC at Cabazon in the future but the current map would just have to be grossly inaccurate, since my reading of the map would indicate future SC in the San Bernardino/Redlands area, Indio/Coachella, San Juan Capistrano/Dana Point, and El Centro

I was originally thinking Cabazon made sense... But when you do range estimates between LA and Phoenix, Cabazon to Blythe is a bit of a stretch for a 60 -- especially with the climb up from Indio to Chiriaco Summit...

So San Bernadino ends up making more sense when you also have one in Indio, Blythe and just west of Phoenix,,,

I'll try to scout the 2nd Sacramento CA SC location this Saturday.
My guess is it'll be somewhere near the Westfield galleria mall in Roseville CA.

Is it clear that this SC is along I-80? I think it would make sense, but I couldn't tell from the map if it was along I-80 or I-5, so wondering if there's been some further intel on this. I do know that there have been numerous requests to add a SC along I-80 to support cars heading up to North Tahoe and Reno.

Specifically which map were you looking at? This Roseville location or thereabouts wasn't going to be open any time soon, so anything can and will happen.

There's a boatload of new construction on both sides of I-80 at the Sierra College exit (Rocklin, CA) - Target, WalMart, and tons of all the shops that cluster around those big box stores. It would make sense for it to be placed there for those making the Tahoe-Reno run. And since 1) we know an electrical permit has been pulled in Roseville, and 2) a new service center will be built in Rocklin, it seems like a logical spot.

Plus, it's just a few miles from my house, so you can all come visit! (Do you know how happy I am that a Tesla Service Center will be near by? Woot!)

I'm pretty sure that there will be one supercharger bay along with 4 HPWC's at the Tesla service center that is supposed to open in Burlingame, CA (right off the 101 near SFO) any day now. The HPWC's are installed but not yet powered and there appears to be infrastructure for a supercharger going in.