Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Spec ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone gone to a different service center if they weren’t happy with getting” It falls under Tesla Spec” from the 1st one ? I know they document everything on the computer that’s why I didn’t know if it was worth it.

Has anyone gone to a different service center if they weren’t happy with getting” It falls under Tesla Spec” from the 1st one ? I know they document everything on the computer that’s why I didn’t know if it was worth it.

Yes.

In early April 2020 when the first few Model Ys were delivered, I (DiY) installed a Homelink module on our Model Y . One Service Center will not update the software (I was willing to pay for), while another SC first said they will try and charge me only if they are successful. I paid half hour labor fee for activating the Homelink function.

Another instance was about a metallic clunk in low speeds on the same Model Y. One service center says it maybe the aftermarket wheels causing the metallic clunk. I returned with the stock wheels on it - and they said the metallic clunk was ''normal'' sound to early VIN Model Ys. They apparently compared it to another early VIN - same sound.

After few weeks, I took the same car to another Service Center. They test drove and basically said the same thing, that it's normal for early VINs. The tech from this last SC said that he properly torqued all nuts/bolts and checked anything that can be of safety concern - reassured me that all are functioning as they should be and the metallic clunk is not causing any damage to the car. I gave up.