Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m kicking ass. Then taking Names today. Wow. I might hit 60 today.
1669238530723.png

View attachment 877633
Tesla dropping materials without any notification today. Does this mean that I will have 2 Tesla inverters?
Congratulations.

I believe the inverter calculation is depending on your panels or Solar array size. With the Powerwall plus you get the 7.6kw inverter. If your size of Solar PV system is higher than that you will get another inverter 3.8 or another 7.6
I believe.

I have a 12kw system. I have 2 inverters.

Congratulations.

I believe the inverter calculation is depending on your panels or Solar array size. With the Powerwall plus you get the 7.6kw inverter. If your size of Solar PV system is higher than that you will get another inverter 3.8 or another 7.6
I believe.

I have a 12kw system. I have 2 inverters.
I ordered 10.8kw system. I thought Powerwall + comes with Tesla inverter and that’s the only difference between plus and non plus. Can anyone confirm it?

I ordered 10.8kw system. I thought Powerwall + comes with Tesla inverter and that’s the only difference between plus and non plus. Can anyone confirm it?
Yes. So you will have two inverters.

I believe you will have a 7.6 over the powerwall. That will be the powerwall plus. Then you will have a 3.8 inverter.

So if you have two PW’s. Your setup will look like mine. But with one more power wall.
I only have one powerwall. But I have a system larger than 7.6
5729E55F-A05C-4901-AD6E-45D3D204231F.jpeg

Yes. So you will have two inverters.

I believe you will have a 7.6 over the powerwall. That will be the powerwall plus. Then you will have a 3.8 inverter.

So if you have two PW’s. Your setup will look like mine. But with one more power wall.
I only have one powerwall. But I have a system larger than 7.6
View attachment 877638
Thanks for confirming, I actually have 3 Powerwalls, 2 of them are Powerwall+

View attachment 877633
Tesla dropping materials without any notification today. Does this mean that I will have 2 Tesla inverters?
Sounds about right… zero communication for drop off haha!

So I have a 9.2 kw system with two powerwalls with two 7.6 inverters above them. I thought I would have had one 7.6 and one 3.8 but Tesla confirmed they are both 7.6 inverters.

Attachments

• 4BA8FED6-A7F7-4C4E-9181-CAD46893B06A.jpeg
    4BA8FED6-A7F7-4C4E-9181-CAD46893B06A.jpeg
    230.1 KB · Views: 35
Reactions: Jones1
Thanks for confirming, I actually have 3 Powerwalls, 2 of them are Powerwall+
No problem. That’s why I created the thread. I knew Nothing. I know very little now. 😆

So you will have 2 inverters and
3 PW’s.
You are the Fn Man or Woman. My hero. 😆
I want to add two more later.
Maybe in 3-4 years. When the new PW comes out. It’s supposed to have a better chemistry. Like the Chinese Tesla’s coming out now. That’s the rumor.

Nice!! I’m struggling to hit 22 at the moment haha but the system was off today because of Tesla troubleshooting during the peak of the day.
You would of hit 50 or so today too then. I noticed at 7:00 am I was getting 1.2kw’s Usually with the cloudy days and the rain I’ve been getting nothing until about 9am

1669242355499.png

• Love
Reactions: DrewHou
I don’t have a Span 😢. But I have noticed different household products and how many watts they are pulling.

Clothes Dryer on High Heat depending on the time and cycle choice 7-10 kw’s
Air Fryer 1kw’s
TV 65-85inch .2kw’s
Central Heat Gas .2kw’s
Tesla Model Y using the mobile charger. Depending on the amps you select 1-8 kw’s
Electric Fire place or heater 1kw
Fridge or freezer .2-.3 kw’s
Exterior lights I have leds on my exterior. Maybe 20 or so lights. Total at night maybe 24
.2kw’s
So far anything else is to low to really see or measure. I’m thinking under .2kw’s

Now that I noticed this. I have lowered my backup reserve to 40/60.
When no one is home only my Wi-Fi, Ring alarm Fridge and small freezer are pulling .5kw’s

E3E15E77-0570-4E9B-AA31-6B064EDA0386.png

Does anyone have this setting described with a charging threshold for the car off grid? Tesla told me today that this feature was no longer available when they were trying to troubleshoot me not having it.

Be great if I had a screenshot proving it actually still exists haha.

View attachment 877750
Does anyone have this setting described with a charging threshold for the car off grid? Tesla told me today that this feature was no longer available when they were trying to troubleshoot me not having it.

Be great if I had a screenshot proving it actually still exists haha.
I have it in Settings, EV Charging:

Tesla.jpg

Reactions: DrewHou and Jones1
No problem. That’s why I created the thread. I knew Nothing. I know very little now. 😆

So you will have 2 inverters and
3 PW’s.
You are the Fn Man or Woman. My hero. 😆
I want to add two more later.
Maybe in 3-4 years. When the new PW comes out. It’s supposed to have a better chemistry. Like the Chinese Tesla’s coming out now. That’s the rumor.
I consider Powerwalls as the generator, 2 Powerwalls might be enough for my usage. However, I rather buy insurance than lottery after freeze last year.

• Funny
Reactions: Jones1
Happy Turkey Day.

We are getting a little Production currently.
I have set my backup to 40%. Since I noticed my home. With nothing on but the Fridge and freezer basically. Only uses .5kw’s
If I can get grid charging enabled. Then I may lower my backup reserve to 30%. That way if I know bad weather is coming. Not relying on storm watch. I could grid charge and be prepared. Until then. I think 40% is the sweet spot for my 1 PW.

I’m on the road for Thanksgiving visiting my family in Port Arthur. There is a new Supercharger in Beaumont. 250kwh 12 stalls
3 cabinets. So it’s slower. If it gets busy of course. But it’s the first. In this area. Right off I10. Exit 848

1669305807967.png