Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah with two Powerwalls I am keeping mine set at 50% seems like I use roughly 35% or so from sundown to sunup at night. Granted I am not making enough yesterday to charge back up and looks like today will be the same. I decided to go ahead and install the Span panel so I am working through that process now. I think it will give me more data and more control during outages. After no power for a week and a half during Harvey I want as much control as possible.
Let me know who you used for Span and how you like it? I’ve been intrigued with the idea of a smart panel. I also have a Recalled QC panel in my garage. I’m on the list for Schneider to come check it. Loose neutral. They say needs to be checked.

Let me know who you used for Span and how you like it? I’ve been intrigued with the idea of a smart panel. I also have a Recalled QC panel in my garage. I’m on the list for Schneider to come check it. Loose neutral. They say needs to be checked.
I submitted interest in the span panel on their website, they setup a Google Meet video call shortly after I submitted the photos they requested and on the call they explain the value and how things work. I then signed to agree and Friday they have a local electrician coming out to make sure there is no surprises. Then it’s waiting on permits before the install date.

I’m really interested to see how much phantom usage is happening in the house and where. My favorite part was the AI that can alert you to appliances going bad before they go out. I’m just thinking this is the easiest way for me to automate the AC unit turning off when the grid goes down and then also managing outages to really maximize my battery capacity.

Reactions: Jones1
I had my Span installed back in July. I submitted interest in the Span on 7/15 and had my installation on 7/26. I like it since you can see the usage for each breaker and you can group critical breakers together for outages.

Reactions: DrewHou and Jones1
I had my Span installed back in July. I submitted interest in the Span on 7/15 and had my installation on 7/26. I like it since you can see the usage for each breaker and you can group critical breakers together for outages.
Was the installation total around $5000? I googled installation. It had ranges of $3000 for breaker $2000-$3000 for installation.

Oh wow that’s fast! They quoted me 6-8 weeks wait for installation.
My sales consultant told me the same originally, but I pushed her really hard and told her I won't do it if the installation couldn't happen within 2 weeks. I believe there is only one Span certified installer (Electrical Panel Xperts) around Houston/Austin/Dallas area, that might be the reason the lead time is 6-8 weeks.

My sales consultant told me the same originally, but I pushed her really hard and told her I won't do it if the installation couldn't happen within 2 weeks. I believe there is only one Span certified installer (Electrical Panel Xperts) around Houston/Austin/Dallas area, that might be the reason the lead time is 6-8 weeks.
Actually I have a different installer. They have Volt-Pro coming out Friday. I definitely didn’t push for a different date. I guess I am not in a hurry either though. I wonder if they are seeing increased demand.

Man I need to get off this thread… I was just thinking the same thing but I have zero reason to buy a drone outside of looking at my roof. I work in “big tech” and with all the layoffs recently I should truly not be spending but oh well, yolo.
Don’t leave. 😂

So my brother had a DJI phantom. I think he paid $600. It was about 8 years ago. It was nice. But the camera wasn’t great and it would crash. So I’m not sure how better they have gotten. It wasn’t worth it back then. But it may be now.

I’m not going to buy anything else really. Until my Tesla stock goes up. That may be next year. If Twitter doesn’t pan out for Elon. 😆

Don’t leave. 😂

So my brother had a DJI phantom. I think he paid $600. It was about 8 years ago. It was nice. But the camera wasn’t great and it would crash. So I’m not sure how better they have gotten. It wasn’t worth it back then. But it may be now.

I’m not going to buy anything else really. Until my Tesla stock goes up. That may be next year. If Twitter doesn’t pan out for Elon. 😆
LOL! yeah I see some cheap ones on Amazon but I’m going to hold off since I truly do not need one. I will just wait for my next flight and try to snap a photo from above as I come into land haha.

Also I never knew that solar peaked higher on cloudy days than on a perfectly sunny day. Every time it’s cloud I peak at around 6-7kw and perfectly sunny days I max at 4kW. So strange.

Reactions: Jones1
LOL! yeah I see some cheap ones on Amazon but I’m going to hold off since I truly do not need one. I will just wait for my next flight and try to snap a photo from above as I come into land haha.

Also I never knew that solar peaked higher on cloudy days than on a perfectly sunny day. Every time it’s cloud I peak at around 6-7kw and perfectly sunny days I max at 4kW. So strange.
I’ve also heard that higher heat impacts the production of the panels.

The highest kw’s I’ve seen so far on my 12kwh system was 11.7kw

Reactions: DrewHou