Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m driving a Sixt rental model 3 at present while mine is having minor panel damage repaired - thanks, inner west food couriers!
I already updated the software because I got the alert on day 1, but I can’t find a way to set up my phone key
what do people do if they have two Teslas?
Do Sixt allow phone key? They would have to activate it if they do

Reactions: schnaxxl
They would have to activate it if they do
👍
@schnaxxl, for you to set up a phone key, Sixt needs to invite you to set up phone key via an email link.

Via Sixt's Tesla app: Security and Drivers >> Manage drivers

IMG_3496.jpeg

Kangaroos are a thing now! 🦘

While avoiding kangaroos on the road last night, I happened to look down at the visualisation and for the first time (must be part of the new visualisation in 14.3), they are actually displayed on the screen now.

Well, they don't look like kangaroos, of course. They have 4 legs and walk like dogs. They kind of look like dogs too. Or small deer. They seem to have long legs. Couldn't tell if it was trying to display a large dog or a small deer. I didn't get time to take a photo unfortunately, they hopped away (according to the screen they ran away).

Anyway, that now gives me hope that the car may actually try to avoid one if on Autopilot. Of course, I never use autopilot on that road, but it's comforting that it is actually recognising them as animals, so may do something useful (like stop) if it sees one ahead. Up until now I have just assumed it would ignore them and just plough straight through them like it does with potholes.

Looks like dogs, deer and cats are already in AP visualisations.. surely they can add roo's. This video made me laugh..

👍
@schnaxxl, for you to set up a phone key, Sixt needs to invite you to set up phone key via an email link.

Via Sixt's Tesla app: Security and Drivers >> Manage drivers

View attachment 1047195
In the US Hertz rental Teslas display a special QR code that lets you temporarily set up phone key for the duration of your rental.
Sixt does not appear to currently offer that option here in Australia.

2024.14.6 on Model S: Initial wrap up:
- Loads more traffic/pedestrians visualised on the dash display.
- The only new visualisation I can see on the MCU display is the trip progress/traffic line.
- There is NO speed camera chime option anywhere in the menus.
- Parking/reversing display is exactly the same still. Neither synthetic nor camera based surround top-down view.
- NoA is now crippled, requiring AP stalk pull or manual indicator activation to confirm lane change. Previously confirmation was with a slight pull/push on the steering wheel where the hand already rested, so kind of acceptable. This change is a massive feature degradation.
- There are 3 AP disconnects "due to improper use" credited until the feature is disabled. And it tells you how many you have had (0 in my case, so it forgot the one from a couple of months ago).
- Car still detects 40 speed limit on adjoining lane as applicable to the lane it is in, when it is not applicable
- Car still shows lane open indicators on bridge as traffic lights. Hasn't tried to stop at one yet, but that's unchanged behaviour, it happened randomly even before.

All up, nothing exciting - if not a downgrade - despite being the first v12 release on my car.

Last edited:
Has anyone ever figured out what the "Power Off" button is for under the "Security" menu? On the face of it, one would assume this shuts everything down and puts the car into a minimum power consumption mode, and it seems to do so, turning off the displays and AC immediately when pressed.

Of course one has to leave the car after having pressed that button. And when the door opens, all displays, lights, and AC turn back on. 🤦‍♂️

So... what is this feature meant to do?

NoA is now crippled, requiring AP stalk pull or manual indicator activation to confirm lane change. Previously confirmation was with a slight pull/push on the steering wheel where the hand already rested, so kind of acceptable.
That's interesting. I hadn't heard of that one. I'm still on 2024.14.3, but I don't use the lane change confirmation function, I just let it go for it (or cancel the indicator with the stalk if/when I don't want it to change lanes). I'm doing a couple of hundred km today on highways so if I think of it I'll have a look at the confirmation option and see if it's also changed in my version.

I went for a drive at 0930 this morning and the outside-air-temperature on the display was stuck on -5C for the initial 15 minutes of the drive. It may have got that cold here last night (there was ice on the ICE windscreen (pun intended), although not on the Tesla due to automated preconditioning, gotta love it) - although I doubt it really got that cold. Maybe -1C or -2C I would believe.

After 15 minutes, the temperature rapidly stepped up to what the real OAT now was, about +9C.

Has anyone ever figured out what the "Power Off" button is for under the "Security" menu? On the face of it, one would assume this shuts everything down and puts the car into a minimum power consumption mode, and it seems to do so, turning off the displays and AC immediately when pressed.

Of course one has to leave the car after having pressed that button. And when the door opens, all displays, lights, and AC turn back on. 🤦‍♂️

So... what is this feature meant to do?
From the US manual (model Y):

1715822839725.png