Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So have they made it anymore useful here?

I had the trial last year but couldn’t see 5k value

Lane change is the big one
Navigate on autopilot , seems useless in AU we don’t really have a million interconnecting highways
Auto park I didn’t trust enough, maybe it’s better?
Summon and smart summon, same thing, would need to be a lot better
At this stage I would say that there is little benefit to EAP/FSD over AP if you are interested in what's available right now.

That said the new auto park is looking amazing but not available here yet. Likewise the current FSD is a little way away but I expect the price to be la lot higher when it finally comes.

I always try to warn people to do their research on both items before jumping in and know what they are buying into.

Updated to 2024.14.3 on my 2022 M3LR last Friday, and selected Adaptive High Beams (Lights > Adaptive High Beams). I now find that I cannot manually select high beam by pushing the LH stalk forward (pulling it back still flashes the high beam). Turn off Adaptive, bingo, stalk control works again. What am I doing wrong ?

Updated to 2024.14.3 on my 2022 M3LR last Friday, and selected Adaptive High Beams (Lights > Adaptive High Beams). I now find that I cannot manually select high beam by pushing the LH stalk forward (pulling it back still flashes the high beam). Turn off Adaptive, bingo, stalk control works again. What am I doing wrong ?
Ahh it’s those pesky stalks haha

Yeah - same here. Very annoying.

So it seems the Adaptive High Beam is a bit like the old Auto High Beam.

With Auto High Beam active, there was no way to manually select High Beam, although you could manually select Low Beam. So it was either Manual Low or Auto.

Now with Adaptive High Beam active, you likewise get Manual Low or Adaptive.

For this reason I'm unfortunately going to have to stay in Manual (edit: by which I mean, have Adaptive turned off in settings) when driving manually, because it won't go to adaptive until 40 km/h. I need Manual High Beam at low speeds for kangaroos. However, once on the highway I'll let it go to Adaptive with Autopilot selection (as I did with the old Auto), until/unless it annoys someone. I haven't tried it on the highway yet.

Edit: I also just discovered you can tap the screen on the headlight icon and it will bring up a "Lights" card down the bottom from which you can flip Adaptive mode on/off - easier and quicker than going into the settings page.

Last edited:
So have they made it anymore useful here?

I had the trial last year but couldn’t see 5k value

Lane change is the big one
Navigate on autopilot , seems useless in AU we don’t really have a million interconnecting highways
Auto park I didn’t trust enough, maybe it’s better?
Summon and smart summon, same thing, would need to be a lot better
I did that trial last year and also found that the only useful thing in the whole suite was the auto lane change. Rest was not really useful or reliable enough. Was not worth over $5k for just that one thing.

Need to see how the dry wipes go.
Unfortunately about 5 separate instances of dry wipes this morning (several each time) before I turned back to manual… all because it was a bright sunny morning in my way to the office!

Interestingly it seemed to remember that I had manual as the default and only switched to auto when using TACC… Will have to do some testing on that.

I was hoping for the new autopark (for those with Enhanced Autopilot or FSD). Still, it’s progress and probably the reason why I haven’t got the spring update yet.

Reactions: dronus
Unfortunately about 5 separate instances of dry wipes this morning (several each time) before I turned back to manual… all because it was a bright sunny morning in my way to the office!

Interestingly it seemed to remember that I had manual as the default and only switched to auto when using TACC… Will have to do some testing on that.

Ref the wipers and their AI/NN/ML/dumb-tech operation, I'm convinced that mine trigger based on previous mistakes in my driveway as I turn and the light changes. Assuming this is not Elon-induced madness, is there a way to reset my car to start learning again.
This sounds dumb as I type it, if it's all fleet learning or just a bunch of if/then statements :p
Bloody wipers are embarrassing though.

@m4artin Your car does not learn from you. It is taught by the super computer facility Tesla have built. They have an army of people that tag information in videos to teach the NN what's what. All we're getting in our cars are the weight matrices to use on the NN code, essentially the result of the code that ran on their supercomputer.

I'll speculate that one of the reasons autowipers are performing poorly has to do with them not using our cars to learn, but someone else's visual inspection of video frames. If we're retaining the assumption that rain/drizzle is not shown well on video, then the training will not be good either because the data is bad. Garbage in - garbage out.

And the other reason it's not performing well is Elon branded Hubris: If a simple sensor exists that reliably performs well, ignore it and try a high tech solution that won't (and likely never will) work as well.

Last edited:
I was hoping for the new autopark (for those with Enhanced Autopilot or FSD). Still, it’s progress and probably the reason why I haven’t got the spring update yet.

I just got the .3 update today.

Been on a few drives now with latest update. I really notice a change in autopilot. When stopping behind other vehicles it is now much smoother at stopping (still stops too far back for my liking). Previously it would come to a much harsher stop later. I also have EAP and I have noticed that when it takes exits now it is also much smoother. Previously these would be much more jerky.

Has anyone else noticed this? I haven’t seen any talk about it.

Reactions: SPadival
Been on a few drives now with latest update. I really notice a change in autopilot. When stopping behind other vehicles it is now much smoother at stopping (still stops too far back for my liking). Previously it would come to a much harsher stop later. I also have EAP and I have noticed that when it takes exits now it is also much smoother. Previously these would be much more jerky.

Has anyone else noticed this? I haven’t seen any talk about it.
It might just be me but the steering feels slightly firmer and the regen higher, which I actually like.

It might just be me but the steering feels slightly firmer and the regen higher, which I actually like.
It seem more than that, especially with the exits. Before it would jerk the wheel at exits near me and i would always have to jump on it so I didn’t look like a crazy person. Now when I forgot to stop it and let it go it was as smooth as butter. I’ll let it try some others and see if others I have tried before and know were bad are any better.