Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software 2019.16.3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It certainly did nothing for me. Where you turn it on/off is under Autopilot on the screen. If it was for everybody it would be under safety.
Can you see the option toggles?

Note, I haven’t found it easy to trigger it. So trying to trigger it on a quick drive isn’t a reliable way to see if it is there.

<edit> LDA probably is linked to AP, as per that video further up the thread. But that’s separate from ELDA.

Last edited:
i had auto correction on for the lane avoidance and it still let me change lanes without using the blinker... i didn’t notice a huge change other than the animation on the screen.. but the drive from work to home is only 10 minutes on roadways (not interstates) so i haven’t had a chance to really test it.

It certainly did nothing for me. Where you turn it on/off is under Autopilot on the screen. If it was for everybody it would be under safety.

I've seen reports of it working on cars without autopilot, mostly by people who are pissed about it taking over the car and turning when they don't want it to.

Emergency lane departure almost caused a serious accident. : teslamotors

from that post: "I did not pay for Autopilot and do not want a car that takes control when I do not want it to."

I also have no AP, and I do have LDA and ELDA. It's just hard to activate; to me it feels like it's really only meant for scenarios where the driver is unconscious. LDA will activate when: 1. Your blinker isn't on. 2. You are not applying torque to the steering wheel. 3. Your car passes pretty far over a recognized lane line. I think ELDA has similar criteria, but also require sensing something hit-able you're drifting into.

I can understand why you think you don't have it, though. Reading some of the "false-positive" stories on here you'd think it activates every 30 seconds.

I’d be interested in seeing some TeslaCam video evidence from those that are experiencing recurring problems with this feature. Video is a lot easier to understand than a description.

I’d do so myself but at least so far, it hasn’t been a problem for me.

Alternatively, if your false-positive occurred because of a particular road feature, let us know what road so others can test it too. I'm curious to see how many of these issues come down to driving-style.

i had auto correction on for the lane avoidance and it still let me change lanes without using the blinker... i didn’t notice a huge change other than the animation on the screen.. but the drive from work to home is only 10 minutes on roadways (not interstates) so i haven’t had a chance to really test it.
I've seen reports of it working on cars without autopilot, mostly by people who are pissed about it taking over the car and turning when they don't want it to.

Emergency lane departure almost caused a serious accident. : teslamotors

from that post: "I did not pay for Autopilot and do not want a car that takes control when I do not want it to."

Weird thing is I’d put money down that I —did—signal my turn. I’m one of those people that probably overuse the turn signal, rather than miss a use, and it actually bothers me if I turn even modest turns without it.

Yes, out of habit I use the signal when maneuvering in the Autocross grid. :)

Not sure how that squares with intended ELDA behavior, if signsl turned of automatically mid turn from wheel use or something? Or I only 1/2 pressed and the 3-flash signal isn’t recognized by ELDA?

I also have no AP, and I do have LDA and ELDA. It's just hard to activate; to me it feels like it's really only meant for scenarios where the driver is unconscious. LDA will activate when: 1. Your blinker isn't on. 2. You are not applying torque to the steering wheel. 3. Your car passes pretty far over a recognized lane line. I think ELDA has similar criteria, but also require sensing something hit-able you're drifting into.

I can understand why you think you don't have it, though. Reading some of the "false-positive" stories on here you'd think it activates every 30 seconds.
I got it somewhere during a 90 degree left turn through a 4-way intersection. No lines marking the road. Very unlikely that I didn’t signal.

Was entirely surprised, didn’t figure out until later what it was, so details are a bit foggy.