Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla short film - "Not a Dream"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fellow Tesla Fans, ... We present to you our blood, sweat & tears...

Tesla on Vimeo

Fantastic! Superb.

I have to admit, I love what the message is. There's a show I love listening to, Armstrong & Getty, where Joe Getty used to call Tesla coal-powered cars. Well, of course, during evolution there are, how do I explain, facts. But since then, Solar City has been bending over backwards to install more than investors even want them to install, and that's a sister company to Musk's Tesla Motors, and many many MANY Tesla owners also are invested and/or users of actual photo-voltaic solar power, plus just look at CAISO, Hawaii, & Germany's (& etc... Texas, China, ...) growing clean energy supplies, and we can take this very cool video and shove it in the cloud of smoke Joe Getty previous spewed (and I know Joe will be happy to have been so gloriously defeated -- he's been a tepid to enthusiastic supporter of Tesla and its goals since the beginning). This video quite amazingly takes that coal-powered claim and puts it front and center, thrusting the very concept that Tesla is not oil powered right into the forefront: if anybody talks about fossil peaker and baseline generation plants, we can simply explain the work currently being done to solve that in response. The video even shows a large part of the work in the final background. Beautiful.

Very cool, and welcome to TMC!
One question: why are the wind turbines spinning backwards? :tongue:
Hahaha, um, how do you know which way the wind is flowing?

Great video, thanks. ... Nikola Tesla made some predictions that were controversial and far fetched at the time Here is one interesting collection of his predictions

Connectivity (TV and mobile phones) - already a reality, it is so thrilling being able to connect instantly with anyone regardless of location
Flying machines with no fuel, wireless energy transmission - I am so eagerly awaiting on short flights to come true
Printing in home, on wireless - already a reality
Female liberation transforming humanity into bee like civilisation - there is definitely a trend of wider life choices trumping marriage and motherhood
Eugenics (purifying race by eliminating undesirable) - this is controversial, but it is already happening in limited form through genetic studies and self chioces.
As usual, visionaries see.

Last edited:
I appreciate the skill required to do this but the message comes across as a little smug/preachy. Tesla makes wonderful cars but they aren't saving the world from an apocalyptic mad-max like future.

The message in the video does not come from Tesla Motors. My understanding is that the spoken words are the statements made by Nikola Tesla. Perhaps Nikola was smug/preachy when talking about the future.

Tesla Motors seems to be effective in its mission to accelerate the advent of sustainable transport by bringing compelling mass market electric cars to market. Their mission feeds right into weaning the world off fossil fuels.

If our world does not wean off fossil fuels, then some sort of apocalyptic mad max like future might be more likely.

Tesla short film - "Not a Dream"

I appreciate the skill required to do this but the message comes across as a little smug/preachy. Tesla makes wonderful cars but they aren't saving the world from an apocalyptic mad-max like future.
Tesla is in fact "accelerating the advent of sustainable transport" and that is indeed essential to avoiding an apocalyptic future caused by climate change.
Elon has repeatedly stated that Telsa cannot do that by itself. Obviously. But we are finally starting to see major auto companies like GM, Audi, BMW, Daimler, VW, committing to building long range EVs. I am certain they would not have done that if the Model S had never existed.
It is going to take decades to transition to EV transport powered by sustainable energy. But the change has begun. Better late than never.

Hahaha, of course not. That's because Tesla is here, and thus it is saved. Tesla doesn't have anything to save because Tesla exists. You exist because you exist. (This is a thought exercise. Debate, whether or not posted, welcome.)

Actually, it's amazing how long it has taken for our society to let those words sink in.....this was said at least 80 years ago. I hope our transition to a sustainable future is faster than that....for the sake of my daughter, her generation, and her children's generation. Imagine what are battery tech would be if we had kept on the path of EVs from the late 1880's......

stevezzzz wrote: "One question: why are the wind turbines spinning backwards? :tongue:"

Hahaha, um, how do you know which way the wind is flowing?

I know how wind turbines are designed. The blades in the video are spinning backwards, i.e., with the trailing edge leading. Doesn't matter which way the wind is blowing...though I know that, too, from the direction the blade disc is facing. :biggrin:

I'd still like to know the reason the filmmakers chose to run the video of the wind farm backwards.

I'd still like to know the reason the filmmakers chose to run the video of the wind farm backwards.

I noticed the same with the opening of previous seasons of Gold Rush. If you look closely, you can see water flowing upwards, back up into the sluice, etc. In that case, they probably reversed it since it was easier to have a drone hover right next to Todd and then fly quickly away than to have a drone zoom in and hover right next to him.

In that case, they probably reversed it since it was easier to have a drone hover right next to Todd and then fly quickly away than to have a drone zoom in and hover right next to him.

Yeah they did it that way they showed it on a behind the scenes.

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome job! No, did not find the Easter egg...

Look to the right behind the car @1:15

Tesla short film - "Not a Dream" YOUTUBE LINK (for iPad & iPhone users)

Fellow Tesla Fans,

We present to you our blood, sweat & tears...

A short, minute-long film, made entirely me and my twin brother with our 5 friends.

Narration from Nikola Tesla

-Freise Brothers

p.s. did you find the Tesla coil "easter egg"?

Last edited by a moderator: