Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service Outlook?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have every intention of buying a MYLR this year, or early next, but I have to admit Teslas reputation for poor service makes me wonder. While I know EVs require relatively less maintenance than ICE vehicles, they do inevitably require some. As fast as they are growing, and the fleet will continue to age, does Tesla have a published plan on how they intend to provide service for all these vehicles as they grow rapidly, especially as they age? I read stories about owners who have had to wait weeks or even months for parts, that should not be possible - no other carmaker would get away with that. I just watched at YT video that stated Tesla has 143 service centers in the US, while Ford has 3143 dealers. Furthermore, there are lots of third party garages for legacy ICE vehicles while there are almost none for Teslas.

You can see their progress on growing their service network:

1682345819481.png

I read stories about owners who have had to wait weeks or even months for parts, that should not be possible - no other carmaker would get away with that.
I've read stories of other OEMs having parts supply issues, taking weeks or months to get parts too. It isn't/wasn't limited to Tesla. But how current are those stories you read? (Things may have changed significantly since those experiences.)

Reactions: ATPMSD and Yelobird
I do realize bad news travels much better than good news. I also understand Teslas don't need near as much service as most legacy cars, and that most customers are pleased. However I have read stories about Tesla owners who waited for parts for weeks or months and did not have access to transportation the whole time. And I have noticed there are always tons of clearly (not new) Teslas sitting on the lot are our local service center presumably awaiting service. Maybe I'm mistaken but that doesn't seem the norm for legacy auto - and the way Tesla is growing it would seem they need to grow service at a similar pace? I did pick up on the 'mobile service fleet' stat in the earnings report. Thanks.