Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Retrofit Power Trunk - Holiday Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Holiday update appears to have broken my Tesla Branded retrofit power trunk. It will not open from any digital or physical button. I believe it’s from the update because it worked the day before. First time trying after anpplying it, and it’s just not opening. Is anyone else experiencing this?

A forum search reveals this has happened to others from prior updates, on factory installed power trunks.

The funny thing is my EVOffer power Frunk still works fine.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
Had the Service Center fix this for me. From the repair invoice:
Technician found the powered liftgate ECU faulted not allowing the powered liftgate to cinch/read that the vehicles liftgate was open. Technician has verified that the vehicle works as expected now. Parts Replaced or Added - Powertrunk Retrofit Kit (1712460-00-A)

I used the trunk successfully on 12/22/2023 then parked the car in my garage. I got the update on 12/24/23. On 12/27/23 I drove the car, and when I went to open the trunk it was not working.

Not sure if they did a software update or replaced the ECU outright. The invoice does say "the vehicle firmware is up to date." Still feels related to the Holiday Update, but no one else appeared to complain on this forum. Apparently after 3 months, I still own the only vehicle the Columbus, Ohio SC has installed this retrofit trunk on.

So if anyone has this issue make sure you go into the Service Center to fix it. A Mobile Ranger won't have what they need to do the work.