Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Research- We need your opinion!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know why my previous post hasn't been approved?

Sorry, I missed it. Quoted below and approved above. The pattern of your posts are getting them caught in our moderation filters.

The Facebook link that was previously posted by another forum member is the link to my Facebook. To clarify, we are not associated with Tesla at all. The Model S will come with a “Touch Screen Console”, as stated in the following YouTube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIMeXIRLXKU

As for the “Dealerships”, they are privately owned by Tesla, which causes high fixed costs but provides a differentiation component to Tesla.

I would like to apologize for any misconceptions regarding my post and for not providing enough information about my intentions. I am a senior at the University of Central Florida and am currently enrolled in the course, “Capstone”. In this course we are trained to become a “Strategic Analyst”. We started the course by doing an automotive industry analysis then moved onto separate auto manufacturers and are now focused on analyzing Tesla. Our goal of the course is to come up with a new strategic plan for Tesla that will lead to a sustainable competitive advantage. Not only is this a required course but also a competition. If we go to the finals, we get to pitch our idea to Tesla corporate leaders (unknown at the moment). My group has done extensive research on the company, including analyzing the most recent SEC required documents, like the 10k and forecasted financial statements from Tesla. At this point, we have come up with a strategy and now just need supportive primary resources. The reason for my first post was because my group and I wanted to speak with current and future owners of Tesla models in order to find out their opinions about our idea. The reason we made a private email is because this is a competition and we would like to keep our findings private, until the end of the competition.

We would love the opportunity to interview a Tesla owner via “Skype” and incorporate it into our final presentation, as supportive primary information. Once again, I apologize for any confusion.

If you are interested in providing us with any input for our project, please feel free to contact us. We would greatly appreciate any feedback regarding Tesla Motors.

Email: [email protected]

Thanks for the clarification Jbalderas. The problem was two-fold. 1. As you found out, you didn't provide enough information about what was going on, and 2. The questions didn't make sense in a way.

Your first two questions asked about vehicle purchases, which thus far has only been a couple thousand Roadsters. Tesla doesn't have "dealerships" as normally designed in the auto industry. They have stores where they sell their cars either via the web or in the store just like the Apple stores.

Your third question asked about the pros and cons of the touchscreen center console which the Roadster (with reference to the first two questions) doesn't have. And if you're asking about the Model S, since we don't have one, it's rather difficult to state what the pros and cons are. We might guess at what they might be, but we don't know what they *are*.

That's not the kind of touch screen he meant.

:confused:

We are looking for Tesla Roadster, or future Model S/X owners to answer the following questions:

1. What made you purchase this vehicle? Why?
2. How was your experience at the Tesla Motors dealership? Which dealership did you purchase your Tesla vehicle at?
3. What are the pros and cons of the touchscreen center console? What are the limitations? What do you expect to see on future models?

Asks for Roadster owners and asks about pro's and cons of a touchscreen center console.....

:confused:

Asks for Roadster owners and asks about pro's and cons of a touchscreen center console.....
I think what he meant is the touchscreen in the Roadster isn't a "center console". Meaning it doesn't replace the HVAC and radio controls, unlike in the Model S. (Picture below shows in 2.5, both the HVAC and the radio still has physical buttons). And the older versions only had a single din in the center, and the smaller touchscreen on the left side.
2011-Tesla-Roadster-2-5-Dashboard-View.jpg

Last edited:
If true, then the student is either dumb or really lazy...he's asking about pro's and con's for a feature no member of the public has used "in action"?
I guess Roadster owners can still provide their opinion on the smaller touchscreen (the larger touchscreen on the 2.5 isn't going to be that different from typical car stereo touchscreens). But it's definitely still a completely different beast from the Model S touchscreen, which truly is a center console (plus has other completely new features, like a browser and apps; something I think no other cars ever had).