Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor AmberCare Extended Warranty Early Access period live in FL, NJ, PA, OH, RI, MI, TN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Motors Club members, we’re thrilled to announce that AmberCare is now available for Early Access. Our extended warranty is tailored with a modern approach, built by Tesla owners and industry experts for the Tesla community.

Our High Voltage Protection plan covers everything from your heating and cooling system to your HV battery and drive unit. We will even reimburse you for tows and rentals when your Tesla is in the shop for a covered breakdown. For a full list of our covered parts and to receive a quote, please visit our website at Amber.

We understand that your Tesla is more than just a car. It’s what gets you to work and takes your kids to school. It may even be the dream car that you have saved up for or your way of investing in a greener future. Whatever the case, we thank you for your interest and trust in us — we strive to make it dead-simple and stress-free to keep your Tesla on the road where it belongs.

For a limited time only, when you sign up for AmberCare, you will receive $20 of charging credits per month for three months through our partnership with Bluedot. The Bluedot app offers access to thousands of EV charging stations and cashback rewards when using their EV owner debit card.

Hi Joe,

How does the coverage works ?

We’ll send you details of the parts and labor covered by your AmberCare plan. -- For example, if Tesla says the HV battery needs to be replaced and the cost parts and labors is 17k. Does Amber covers the full cost or there is some provisions on the coverage of failed parts based on age and usage that is coverage by percentage.

Does Amber has any financial backer for the warranty program?

Hi Joe,

How does the coverage works ?

We’ll send you details of the parts and labor covered by your AmberCare plan. -- For example, if Tesla says the HV battery needs to be replaced and the cost parts and labors is 17k. Does Amber covers the full cost or there is some provisions on the coverage of failed parts based on age and usage that is coverage by percentage.

Does Amber has any financial backer for the warranty program?
@cbdream99

AmberCare covers the cost of parts and labor for components that are covered under each plan; covered components will depend on the plan you select. Happy to discuss specific cases, feel free to shoot me a note at [email protected].

We are backed by prominent venture capital investors and will share additional exciting updates on an insurance partnership in the coming weeks.

Last edited:
Instead of looking to collect personal information, why not be open about the available coverage limitations on the website?
For example, AFTER putting in all the "required" information, your website coughs up that you refuse to cover 2016 vehicles.

I didn't even get to a point of seeing if there is (probably) a mileage exclusion too - but hey, you got my personal information, I didn't even get any money left on the nightstand after you got what you wanted.

If the vehicle is still covered by a factory warranty (and most 2016s still are) then they should be coverable. Or if they have had a battery replacement already, that's also a special circumstance. Blanket denials just based on a calendar year is lazy.

Instead of looking to collect personal information, why not be open about the available coverage limitations on the website?
For example, AFTER putting in all the "required" information, your website coughs up that you refuse to cover 2016 vehicles.

I didn't even get to a point of seeing if there is (probably) a mileage exclusion too - but hey, you got my personal information, I didn't even get any money left on the nightstand after you got what you wanted.

If the vehicle is still covered by a factory warranty (and most 2016s still are) then they should be coverable. Or if they have had a battery replacement already, that's also a special circumstance. Blanket denials just based on a calendar year is lazy.
Hi, @geordi

We really appreciate your candid feedback. Transparency is one of our core pillars, and you’ve helped us identify how we can be more clear and upfront about which vehicles we cover.

We’re also constantly looking to improve our customer offerings, so your point about 2016 model years and higher-mileage vehicles is well taken. We’ve already been looking into expanding our coverage to additional model years, and our coverage model will accommodate special circumstances (such as a prior battery replacement) over a one-size-fits-all approach.

Finally, we respect your privacy and are happy to remove your information from our system. Please just send us an email to [email protected]. You can also reach me directly at [email protected]; all feedback is welcome!

Thank you again!

Kelly and the Amber team

Hello Kelly, I appreciate the reply. From my perspective as a potential customer, I realize that I am possibly a bit more than the average bear in what I am looking for and conversely what I might be able to provide to a vendor.

I want widespread adoption of electric vehicles and a vibrant secondary market for them. That’s the only way to encourage the general public who are not as technologically or mechanically minded as I might be, to feel comfortable in jumping into what they feel is the new technology.

With that in mind, I would suggest a data-centric approach to how you plan these warranties out. These are not like other vehicles, there’s a very short list of moving parts which means there’s hardly anything to go bad just based on mileage. Electronic components tend to be rather binary. They either work or they are throwing an error. There’s not really a lot of land in between those two extremes.

With the battery, obviously there are not any moving parts but it is heavily monitored and perhaps it would be better to rate your coverage based on data from the vehicle in question?

I have seen where in the secondary market, there are a lot of much older vehicles with extremely low mileage available, which suggests either people who are only using them in city usage and possibly they have a high number of battery cycles, or they were just not using them much at all which means a low number of cycles but higher calendar aging. How you choose to treat these differences on an actuarial basis is above my pay but I would look at the actual data on a car by car basis.

That opens it up to more potential customers which increases the available pool of resources then to pay for the inevitable vehicles which fall outside of the statistical bell curve. That’s the whole point of insurance. you want as many in the pool as possible!

There was another vendor who was working on a data device which I never got to experience, but perhaps you could require utilization of an app such as Tessie to pull the information from the computer when you are writing a vehicle.

The number of delivered vehicles versus the number of failures when looking at the classic Teslas, seems like this would be a good marketplace. I am happy to discuss privately if you would like. As far as my personal info, it’s really easy to find. Look for an email address that has Amber as the name in it. 😉 Area code is 561 and my name is Jim.

Because I own my own domain, my email mitigation strategy has worked very well at limiting my exposure to spam. But I know again, not everyone in the marketplace thinks about this stuff the way a nerd like me does.

—Jim