Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds like they are extending it, but the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing. It does seem kind of weird though because they have been sending out notices to everyone who met various levels in the referral program. I think it would create sort of a mess to just extend it another 3 months after they started notifications. I'm sure we'll know more in the next couple of days.

The new rules are in:

----------

Referral Program

The current Model S Referral Program runs from November 1 to December 31, 2015. Anyone who orders a new Model S during this period using the referral link of a Tesla owner will get $1,000 off the purchase price of their Model S.
Referring owners will be eligible for our Referral Program giveaways:
Top Referrers by Region
The owner that makes the most qualifying referrals in each of North America, Europe and Asia/Pacific will receive a Ludicrous P90D Model S and an exclusive VIP invitation for two to the Model 3 unveiling event, including travel and accommodations.

First to 10 by Region
The first to make 10 qualifying referrals in each of North America, Europe and Asia/Pacific will receive a Tesla Powerwall Home Battery, installation included.

10+ Qualifying Referrals
Each owner that makes 10 or more qualifying referrals will receive an invitation for two to attend the Model 3 unveiling event.

5+ Qualifying Referrals
Each owner that makes 5 or more qualifying referrals will receive an invitation for two to attend the Gigafactory opening event, including transportation to and from Reno, Nevada.

We know that without our customers we would not be where we are today. This is our way of thanking you for continuing to build the Tesla community.
Referral Link
Owners can find their referral link by signing into their website account. Referral links are available to everyone with a confirmed order or delivered Model S. The referral credit for the new purchaser will be automatically applied to the purchase price of any qualifying Model S if the customer orders through a referral link at the time of order. The referral link must be applied at the time of the initial order. Referral credits may not be applied retroactively once a deposit has become non-refundable.

Event Invitations
Unless otherwise noted, owners receiving invitations to Tesla events will be responsible for the cost of their own travel, lodging and other incidentals.

Limits
You must be a current Tesla owner to make referrals and cannot refer yourself. Only one referral credit can be applied to each Model S order; multiple credits on a single order are not permitted. Owners accepting giveaways will be responsible for any related taxes or government/third party fees.

Good Faith
We introduce programs such as these in good faith and expect the same good faith in return. Please note that we may withhold credits, discounts or other awards where we believe customers are acting in bad faith or otherwise acting contrary to the intent of this program. To be clear, commercializing or otherwise selling referral codes is not appropriate, and we will not honor such codes. We cannot cover every nefarious scenario, nor will we attempt to, but we do promise to be fair and reasonable.

So which is is?
"Referral links are available to everyone with a confirmed order or delivered Model S”
or
"You must be a current Tesla owner to make referrals…”
Roadster owners have links.
Why not confirmed Model X order holders?

I have to admit, this new referral program is well Boring....:crying:

Here in Silicon Valley pretty much everyone who wanted a Model S is already driving one.... And the friend I have in Arkansas bought one before the first referral program. So although I've "sold a lot" in the past, I'll never win a contest, so its not worth even trying.

Not interested in a powerwall. Little utility here. Might be an amusing gadget.

Events: ? Not a draw. I've been to a few way back in the day but generally not really interested. A ton of people in a crowded space requiring travel expenses and waiting an hour after the expected time, nah.

I'd be much more interested in an early tour of the gigafactory or something more "custom" than a huge crowd event.

The Leaderboard is back in the Tesla App .... shows me at 0 so this is definitely from Nov. 1st to Dec. 31 deal. So if we get 5 or 10 again how does that work with those of us who have met those goals in the previous program? (2 powerwalls and 4 invites to the Gigafactory, I doubt that but maybe). Would be nice if you already have the Gigafactory invite getting 5 more gets you an invite to the Model 3 unveiling. By the way .... when I try to invite someone from within the Leaderboard App it crashes the App.

If Tesla is going to continue referral programs, and basically just have "prizes" (no cash or discounts) for the people doing the referrals, it would be nice if they had at least some prizes that weren't restricted by the time period of a single contest. What I mean is there are a lot of people who aren't going to make five referrals in a couple of months. These people may make a referral here and there, and perhaps over the course of a year or two they reach some significant number, like five. If Tesla keeps renewing the program for a couple of months at a time, and has minimum prize requirements set at five, with no cash or discounts, these people will never see any rewards at all.

I have to admit, this new referral program is well Boring....:crying:

Here in Silicon Valley pretty much everyone who wanted a Model S is already driving one.... And the friend I have in Arkansas bought one before the first referral program. So although I've "sold a lot" in the past, I'll never win a contest, so its not worth even trying.

Not interested in a powerwall. Little utility here. Might be an amusing gadget.

Events: ? Not a draw. I've been to a few way back in the day but generally not really interested. A ton of people in a crowded space requiring travel expenses and waiting an hour after the expected time, nah.

I'd be much more interested in an early tour of the gigafactory or something more "custom" than a huge crowd event.
<shrug>

Nobody's forcing you to participate.

Just a note, not everybody in the world lives in Silicon Valley.

Ok I gotta go for the Ludicrous this time, I should have pushed harder for an X... In any case let's go all you hungry new potential model S owners.... PM me for information, concerns, questions and if you want to swing over to my place and talk/ride in one (DC, Northern VA Area), become friends and be part of the community, don't be shy.

My Link is:

http://ts.la/phil926

BOOM!

Ok I gotta go for the Ludicrous this time, I should have pushed harder for an X... In any case let's go all you hungry new potential model S owners.... PM me for information, concerns, questions and if you want to swing over to my place and talk/ride in one (DC, Northern VA Area), become friends and be part of the community, don't be shy.

My Link is:

http://ts.la/phil926

BOOM!

Sorry man, everyone is going to use my link because I'm offering to PayPal each person that uses my link $1. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.