Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anything been said about the referral program going past Dec 31st? When I open the neat lil' website Tesla Referral Game which I used to monitor the progress of the referral program, it appears that there's a new list with referrers, the leader being with 3 referrals and so on.

I noticed that too. I personally think the referral program needs a redesign. Follow my thread here for your input: http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...lp-Tesla-Sell-More-Cars?p=1306926#post1306926

I have a friend who has a Panamera and has been a long time Porsche guy. He was about to get a new one when I came home with my Model S (I've had it around 2 weeks). I gave him the full rundown on the car (good and "less good") and then let him drive it. Of course, he now has caught the bug and is likely going to get a Tesla.

I know the old referral program ended in December, but is there any current benefit at all to either him or me to use me as a referral? Anything at all (heck a thank you note from Tesla??)? I figure it is better to check now rather than find out afterwards.

Coincidentally a couple friends of mine have taken test drives from the same Advisor I was dealing with before buying my MS. The first friend never even had EVs on his mind but after taking him for a ride in mine, he couldn't stop taking about Tesla and signed up for a test drive a couple days later. (They gave us each a couple Tesla keychains that day at the store when he signed up for the drive.) A second friend separately has been considering an MS for a while but I only recently found that out and then realized he was dealing with the same Advisor. Since then I've been answering a lot of questions about the car while he tries to decide. Meanwhile my Advisor emailed me one day about something else so I mentioned all these friends I've been advising about Model S - I joked how I should have his job, or at least a free jacket or something, now that the official referral program is over.
Well guess what, he's sending me a free corp jacket :) So it can't hurt to ask!

I got the survey today asking if I still want the powerwall or a $3500 credit toward a Model S or Model X. I was planning on getting the powerwall, but now I may reconsider. I don't have solar and was planning on using it to game the time of use rates from my power company. Not even sure if that's doable. Who's taking the credit instead of the powerwall?

I got the survey today asking if I still want the powerwall or a $3500 credit toward a Model S or Model X. I was planning on getting the powerwall, but now I may reconsider. I don't have solar and was planning on using it to game the time of use rates from my power company. Not even sure if that's doable. Who's taking the credit instead of the powerwall?

I took the credit and received a confirmation shortly after the 'Survey' that it would be added to my account.

Interesting development. Does it say new only or does that include CPO/Inventory cars?

Thank you for participating in our Model S referral program. Your outstanding efforts have earned you a free Tesla Powerwall. If you are not interested in receiving this product, you have the option of accepting a $3500 credit instead.This credit can be used towards the purchase of any new Model S or Model X, service visits, service plans, and certain accessories. Please select the option you prefer below:

That's more like it.

Hypothetically, say someone already has the 8 year pre-paid service plan, the ESA, the LTE and power folding mirror retrofits, and a Chademo adapter, what else could one possibly get for $2,000 of credit that fits those categories, and doesn't want to buy a new S or X? Also, don't need a HPWC or UMC.

I figured I would use it to upgrade my S when they have a better deal (which will come for us patient folks), or to buy a Model X or to buy the extended warranty if that better trade in deal doesn't materialize.

Either way its a good deal and I'm not convinced the powerwall would be close to being installed anytime soon in Virginia where Solar and other alternatives are priced out of the market by state laws.

Status
Not open for further replies.