Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla recalls 2 million vehicles to limit use of Autopilot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is STILL happening in 2023 despite the hysteria having faded for most people, and large studies reconfirming what we knew pre-hysteria - virtually no correlation on airborne viruses. Sadly a lot of new hypochondria and pathophobia cases - lots of damage done in the past few years.

Meanwhile I'm sitting here and haven't had so much as a sniffle in 2 years. I'm just an **shole who was telling people to wear actual N95 or N99's from the precautionary principle during the first days of the panic when we were being told not to, even before we were told to put useless pieces of cloth over our faces, or these garbage FN95's security blankets seen above.
Please keep discussions on topic and do not spread misinformation that could endanger lives. Thank you.

However Tesla needs to explain it clearly. I think many people including me don't know about this until after couple months of using the car.

And that’s why I said this…
Pilots don’t use autopilots without training. After the driver passes, or at least attends the class, Tesla remotely turns on the autopilot.

There seems to be more video training on how to charge your Tesla, than how to use the autopilot.

Reactions: GSP and rlsd
Just got the update this morning (2023.44.30.4). My brief test of AP on my morning drive was uneventful. No nags, seemed just like it was.
I honestly noticed the "high fidelity" parking stuff, that was pretty neat. I still use the cameras and mirrors, but its not a bad addition. Maybe it was because I was watching the road, not looking at my phone, etc. I didnt stress test the system, I just drove like I normally do using AP and noticed absolutely no difference in behavior.

My other car, a Model Y, is an older one with radar, USS, and Intel Atom. No update on that one yet. I generally get updates for both cars ~1 day of each other so we'll see tomorrow.

Just got the update this morning (2023.44.30.4). My brief test of AP on my morning drive was uneventful. No nags, seemed just like it was.
I honestly noticed the "high fidelity" parking stuff, that was pretty neat. I still use the cameras and mirrors, but its not a bad addition. Maybe it was because I was watching the road, not looking at my phone, etc. I didnt stress test the system, I just drove like I normally do using AP and noticed absolutely no difference in behavior.

My other car, a Model Y, is an older one with radar, USS, and Intel Atom. No update on that one yet. I generally get updates for both cars ~1 day of each other so we'll see tomorrow.
Which hardware, model and year of this car?

Maybe Tesla should create a autopilot training video for owners. The owner is required to watch the owner in front of the in-camera (to avoid cheating) then take a test. If the owner fails the test then he/she cannot use autopilot. The pre-owner can go to a Tesla sale office to train and take the test before buying the car too. The insurance companies probably like this. Liberty Mutual required my kid to take lessons and take the test before enrolling.
People don't even read instructions to put together Ikea furniture. They will never do this.

Um. The recall updates (2023.44.30.1, 2023.44.30.2, with a 2023.44.30.3 on the horizon) are being sent en mass to hundreds and hundreds of cars. It includes FSD 11.4.9, for those who've paid for it, has the recall update, and the Xmas fun as well, along with the Visual Parking aid stuff.

The .2 and .3 appear to be minor bug fixes; for all we know, there'll be a .4 along at this rate. In any case, if your car is alive, it's highly likely that check or no check, you'll get the software over the next week or so.

Unless Tesla discovers some Major Bug. As usual in such as case, it'll halt deliveries. No sign of that as of yet, but we're only about three or four days into the deploy.
Just got mine

IMG_8126.jpeg

Reactions: DrGriz and Rdaniels