Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Plaid 2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked up this 2021 Model S Plaid. I've owned Hellcats, Zl1's, Corvettes, and all modified ! I came to the realization I wasted so much money- No more putting the car up for the winter, or driving in the rain issues. I truly believe this is the greatest daily driver of all time. I'm an absolute gearhead at heart. but I wish more people would drive one and experience the power torque and comfort. I drive 80 miles to work one way. This thing makes my drive so enjoyable. and only $22 dollars to charge for 280 miles !! MY ZL1 I put $800 a month in just fuel alone. Car insurance $60.00 cheaper-$400 of savings on fuel until I get the home 14-50 installed. Saved $200 a month on the payment ! This is craziness !! I can't see ever going back to a ICE car. Even the charging at a gas station 25 minutes. Most people get snacks or check Facebook or whatever anyway so not a big deal. of course I heard about the tire issues, but no different then a Hellcat or any other high performance car as far as the cost of tires. I'm still astonished I got all this for $75K with 15 K miles with this performance and technology !!!
Screenshot 2023-11-15 063444.png

Congrats!!! Sweet car
We just got a X plaid for the wife.
Some great deals on used plaids. Spoke to a guy about a month ago who picked up a plaid S for 68500 had 12,000 miles on it. I’m seeing some used low mile 2020 model S performance cars ( 2.4 0-60) now in the mid 40s some crazy great buys out there.

Reactions: Ethan Ryczek
Just picked up this 2021 Model S Plaid. I've owned Hellcats, Zl1's, Corvettes, and all modified ! I came to the realization I wasted so much money- No more putting the car up for the winter, or driving in the rain issues. I truly believe this is the greatest daily driver of all time. I'm an absolute gearhead at heart. but I wish more people would drive one and experience the power torque and comfort. I drive 80 miles to work one way. This thing makes my drive so enjoyable. and only $22 dollars to charge for 280 miles !! MY ZL1 I put $800 a month in just fuel alone. Car insurance $60.00 cheaper-$400 of savings on fuel until I get the home 14-50 installed. Saved $200 a month on the payment ! This is craziness !! I can't see ever going back to a ICE car. Even the charging at a gas station 25 minutes. Most people get snacks or check Facebook or whatever anyway so not a big deal. of course I heard about the tire issues, but no different then a Hellcat or any other high performance car as far as the cost of tires. I'm still astonished I got all this for $75K with 15 K miles with this performance and technology !!!
View attachment 992572
Nice username, actually have a shirt with that on it lol

As a pro tip, I'd suggest getting a wall mounted charger installed. they're a little faster.

This is my first EV picked up new, June 2023.

View attachment 992666

Fellow auto enthusiast from the M, 911, Land Cruiser side of the pitch, but definitely enjoying the MSP just like you. I did it less for any potential savings, but more for just jumping aboard the 200mph+ EV spaceship to see for myself what the hype is all about.

Sold.

Enjoy!
WOW 😮 seriously, that’s a beautiful all black out sweetheart. That’s something you don’t ever forget 😍

Reactions: bkcyk
@Gapplebees,
Congrats to you on that 9's street car. The bonus is you can exercise all that power in discrete.
Have you post this on your respective ICE Forums? They may not take kindly to your positive view for Tesla or EV? lol..
Most of those on the ICE Forum that I frequent do not want anything to do with EV.

Congrats from a fellow car nut. In my case, think Lamborghini, Ferrari, Porsche, Viper, Corvette, Lotus, etc. And I did all my own work on those cars as well as many daily drivers over the years.

When I got my first Tesla in 2020, I thought I was done with ICE cars forever as daily drivers. There's just so many cool advantages of EV's, but alas, all of my Tesla's are being sold off, and I just bought a wonderful 2019 Jaguar XJL supercharged V8 to replace my 2023 Model S as a daily. The Model S will be gone soon. Now, I can't see ever buying another EV or ever recommending an EV to a friend of family again after being an evangelist for years. I am even helping a family member to sell their Tesla as well. I'll tell you more about it later, as it's a long story, but as a fellow car nut, you may be able to understand the reasons why better than fanboys or people that have only ever see cars as an appliance.

Congrats from a fellow car nut. In my case, think Lamborghini, Ferrari, Porsche, Viper, Corvette, Lotus, etc. And I did all my own work on those cars as well as many daily drivers over the years.

When I got my first Tesla in 2020, I thought I was done with ICE cars forever as daily drivers. There's just so many cool advantages of EV's, but alas, all of my Tesla's are being sold off, and I just bought a wonderful 2019 Jaguar XJL supercharged V8 to replace my 2023 Model S as a daily. The Model S will be gone soon. Now, I can't see ever buying another EV or ever recommending an EV to a friend of family again after being an evangelist for years. I am even helping a family member to sell their Tesla as well. I'll tell you more about it later, as it's a long story, but as a fellow car nut, you may be able to understand the reasons why better than fanboys or people that have only ever see cars as an appliance.
I can’t wait to hear the rest of the story 🤔 But what does being an evangelist have to do with performance cars? Musk being an atheist perhaps 😬🤣😂
I’m retired in my 70’s and also a performance car nut; I would never go back to an ICE car..

Reactions: doc333
Congrats!!! Sweet car
We just got a X plaid for the wife.
Some great deals on used plaids. Spoke to a guy about a month ago who picked up a plaid S for 68500 had 12,000 miles on it. I’m seeing some used low mile 2020 model S performance cars ( 2.4 0-60) now in the mid 40s some crazy great buys out there.
I'm amazed it was cheaper than all my ICE cars , and better performance. Comfort and practicality.

This is my first EV picked up new, June 2023.

View attachment 992666

Fellow auto enthusiast from the M, 911, Land Cruiser side of the pitch, but definitely enjoying the MSP just like you. I did it less for any potential savings, but more for just jumping aboard the 200mph+ EV spaceship to see for myself what the hype is all about.

Sold.

Enjoy!
Beautiful Car ! I understand I'm sold as well !

@Gapplebees,
Congrats to you on that 9's street car. The bonus is you can exercise all that power in discrete.
Have you post this on your respective ICE Forums? They may not take kindly to your positive view for Tesla or EV? lol..
Most of those on the ICE Forum that I frequent do not want anything to do with EV.
I understand cause they just don't know until they get dusted by a EV. I actually quit following the Hellcat and Zl1 pages cause of all the BS negativity just towards there own members. I haven't experienced that with Tesla owners . Tesla enthusiast seem to give advice and share knowledge and not bash one another. I mean based on the model we know what you got, and what your running. Not like a mod battle and everyone's a internet expert tuner.

I'm not sure how to respond to your post, because religion has nothing to do with cars !! and best of luck !

Congrats on a great purchase.
I bought my 2021 Plaid with 16k miles in August from Carmax then Tesla cut their prices so you got a great deal.
The great bonus is how cheap it is to charge it up.
My electricity rate after 7 is 8 cents a kw hr so that translates into 5-600.00 for 15k miles.
A dollar dollar fifty overnight.
It charges at 35 mph with my hard wired wall charger.
The acceleration is just awesome and it gets the equivalent of 100 mpg.
My previous Jeep SRT and Trackhawk got 11 mpg on Premium and cost 25.00 a day for gas.
The 3 year savings would easily pay for a new battery if that was ever a need.

Reactions: Gapplebees
I understand cause they just don't know until they get dusted by a EV. I actually quit following the Hellcat and Zl1 pages cause of all the BS negativity just towards there own members. I haven't experienced that with Tesla owners . Tesla enthusiast seem to give advice and share knowledge and not bash one another. I mean based on the model we know what you got, and what your running. Not like a mod battle and everyone's a internet expert tuner.
Don't assume yet, it's all the same content. A big difference between those forums and Tesla groups, is that most of the other forums, people are more likely to be general auto enthusiasts. With teslas, a lot of people are gadget enthusiasts and have little interest in the auto industry or autosports as a whole.

Reactions: SQ97
Don't assume yet, it's all the same content. A big difference between those forums and Tesla groups, is that most of the other forums, people are more likely to be general auto enthusiasts. With teslas, a lot of people are gadget enthusiasts and have little interest in the auto industry or autosports as a whole.
That's because on a Tesla there's nothing to Mod other than some skirts and spoilers and Carbon Fiber.
No tuning, supercharging or engine airflow to improve like an ICE car.
There is no Tesla engine build to be done.
The stereo can be modded with adding subs like I did but even that hardly anyone does it would seem
based on my Aftermarket Stereo thread.
Some people do go Autosport racing their Model S Plaids where they upgrade brakes with Tesla Track Pacs and suspension parts.