Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 234 Mile Tesla Model S Plaid at Auction

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@all,

There is a 234 mile 2021 Tesla Model S Plaid for sale on bring a trailer. This will be an interesting auction to watch, since there are some significant questions regarding the resale value of a Tesla Model S Plaid. This said, this Plaid is an outlier with only 234 miles, so the auction may not valid data point. I would post a link, but I am uncertain if this is allowed.

Joe

So effectively $10k less than a new 2024. Seems about right

How did you get that number? If you spec this car out right now on the Tesla configurator with all the same options, it's $109,630 before taxes.

Plus this seller added aftermarket extras that would cost over $10K to duplicate. You never get that money back on resale, but it's a nice to have for the next owner.

How did you get that number? If you spec this car out right now on the Tesla configurator with all the same options, it's $109,630 before taxes.

Plus this seller added aftermarket extras that would cost over $10K to duplicate. You never get that money back on resale, but it's a nice to have for the next owner.
Are you looking at the same listing? 234-Mile 2021 Tesla Model S Plaid

I don’t see any mention of fsd or aftermarket extras. The only paid options are paint color, wheels, and the yoke.

Yoke and 21s are worth negative money. And the color doesn’t really do anything for resale. Even if it has fsd, it also doesn’t add any value. A gray plaid with 19s with the same miles would have sold for about the same.

Are you looking at the same listing? 234-Mile 2021 Tesla Model S Plaid

I don’t see any mention of fsd or aftermarket extras. The only paid options are paint color, wheels, and the yoke.

Yoke and 21s are worth negative money. And the color doesn’t really do anything for resale. Even if it has fsd, it also doesn’t add any value. A gray plaid with 19s with the same miles would have sold for about the same.

I am looking at the correct listing, you must not be.

Direct from the seller he states FSD is included. And I forgot to add the yoke, so make that $110,630.

Don't try to move the goal post, you're the one that said it only sold for $10K less than new, and that's just flat out wrong, regardless of the resale value of the options when selling it as used. The bottom line is the current price of a new 2024 is almost $30K more, not $10K. End of story.

bmercer (The Seller) This author's likes: 98

Good morning all – after some interesting activity to say the least, we have four hours left and this is anyones car….here to reiterate the following:
The ENTIRE car has a full PPF wrap completed by Automotive Elegance in Andover, MA ($10,000 value)
-The sale will include both an indoor and outdoor California Car Cover, embroidered with the make and model
– The sale will include a set of brand new Tesla all-weather mats, which have never been opened
– Two key fobs and two key cards are included
-Full self driving is included
– Three seperate warranties come with the car
– This vehicle is being sold from a major collection – it obviously has been used sparingly and had been stored in a climate controlled environment since new

All I said is it cost about 10k less than a new plaid. Which is 100% true. I didn’t say anything about identical equipment. You placed some random goal posts as a “gotcha” for… honestly I don’t know why.

All I said is it cost about 10k less than a new plaid. Which is 100% true. I didn’t say anything about identical equipment. You placed some random goal posts as a “gotcha” for… honestly I don’t know why.

Here comes the "victim card!" I knew that was coming. It always does.

There is no point in comparing apples to oranges, so if that really was your point, it was a ridiculous point to make.

The bottom line is you were trying to make the depreciation of this almost new car look like it is $10K, when it is closer to $30K in today's prices. And never mind that the seller paid closer to $150K for this car, not $110K.

The facts are the facts, these cars depreciation like crazy, and are going down like a rock. He was smart to get rid of it.

Reactions: Pkmmte
Man okay, you're better than everyone else, is that what you want to hear? Does that make you happy? Go enjoy studying the listings for cars you think are *sugar* and lurking the forum of a car you don't own anymore just to make fun of its owners. I'm sorry that's what it takes for you to be fulfilled these days.

Man okay, you're better than everyone else, is that what you want to hear? Does that make you happy? Go enjoy studying the listings for cars you think are *sugar* and lurking the forum of a car you don't own anymore just to make fun of its owners. I'm sorry that's what it takes for you to be fulfilled these days.
So surprised what you are describing NEVER happens here at all. ;) Don't you know no other car compares to Tesla. No disparaging allowed.

So surprised what you are describing NEVER happens here at all. ;) Don't you know no other car compares to Tesla. No disparaging allowed.
I disparage Tesla all the time - they are a shitty company all things considered. But this guy sold his car months ago to replace it with a Jag of all things, and seems to come back here and apparently study Model S auctions just to... I don't know, stroke his ego?

Last edited: