Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners in Alberta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No Volts require venting.

If the car tells the EVSE that it requires venting, and nomventing is available, the EVSE is required to refuse to charge.

In fact no EVSE built today supports venting.
I can't remember but I think the code probably applies to any kind of charging device; however it does show the general lack of EV Knowledge in our city.

No, it's specific to EVSEs. It's also outdated, in that it offers an option (lead-acid battery charging) that is no longer used by any OEM. That wording often confuses electricians. I was asked about it myself when my Roadster HPC was installed.

No, it's specific to EVSEs. It's also outdated, in that it offers an option (lead-acid battery charging) that is no longer used by any OEM. That wording often confuses electricians. I was asked about it myself when my Roadster HPC was installed.

Well I guess it's on us to spread the word. Now that we are starting to see a few more Teslas (I'm hopeful the _85D line will really get things going here), leafs, volts etc. eventually the inspectors at least should catch on.

3s-a-Charm, it was oddly coincidental running into you today. Weirdly enough I was honestly thinking to myself "I wonder if I'll see a Tesla today" (since there's an S85 that seems to frequent all the time). Seeing your sleek black Tesla just makes my wait feel WAY longer whilst I drive around in my ICE vehicle. Cheers!

Last edited:
That was funny - I didn't recognize you at first (SORRY!). Altadore is so full of construction I find the roads are quite wavy (like a rollercoaster). We have a listing in Altadore so I was out previewing some of the top homes in the area yesterday - that was my Associate in the car with me. With oil prices down, we have to work very hard to sell the same amount of homes in this market. :)

Seriously, it's funny that as Albertans we want oil prices to come back up and for oil to do well. And then we drive around in all electric vehicles, which doesn't help the demand side of things.
True! Somehow I don't think the $100/week I was spending on gas was tipping the scales. Although... the oil prices did start falling the moment I ordered the P85D! :scared:

Seriously, it's funny that as Albertans we want oil prices to come back up and for oil to do well. And then we drive around in all electric vehicles, which doesn't help the demand side of things.
I have family in Altadore so you'll probably see my car up there from time to time.

Personally I doubt it would hurt the demand side of things even if the whole of Calgary started driving electric, - we would just use less and export more.

Anyway some 40% of our electrical energy comes from natural gas at the moment, that's got to make some local people happy.

Received my P85D last week and had it wrapped & tinted today by the Tint factory in west Edmonton, very happy with how it turned out.

Tint Factory on Twitter:

The car is, as many other have already said, simply amazing. Very impressed with the refinements over my previous 13xxx VIN.

Car looks great but I have to ask, are there restrictions / rules in Alberta for tinting windows ?

Car looks great but I have to ask, are there restrictions / rules in Alberta for tinting windows ?

My impression is that it is illegal to tint the front windows but many people do it anyway and unless you catch a cop on a bad day - or annoy them or something, you probably won't get a ticket. I think someone told me that the worst possible scenario that you might be told to remove it and show that it was done but that was pretty unlikely. I've never actually done it.

Received my P85D last week and had it wrapped & tinted today by the Tint factory in west Edmonton, very happy with how it turned out.

Tint Factory on Twitter:

The car is, as many other have already said, simply amazing. Very impressed with the refinements over my previous 13xxx VIN.

What colour was your previous car? Looks like you went from black to white? Interesting change...

Congrats on receiving your car - now with the 85D shipping I heard there are a lot of cars coming to Alberta. Time to start up the TACC (Tesla Alberta Car Club)!

- - - Updated - - -

My impression is that it is illegal to tint the front windows but many people do it anyway and unless you catch a cop on a bad day - or annoy them or something, you probably won't get a ticket. I think someone told me that the worst possible scenario that you might be told to remove it and show that it was done but that was pretty unlikely. I've never actually done it.
When I imported my M3 Cab from California, the RIV made me remove the front tint before registration... looks goofy now.

Thanks. Yes, you can only legally tint from the B pillar back in Alberta.

So you finally driving it after all the wait then? :tongue:

You bet!

What colour was your previous car? Looks like you went from black to white?

Yes, black to white - I sought change. Think I successfully accomplished that.

image.jpg
Our car is now in production. Hoping for delivery the week or Mar23.

Congrats, m1ker! Blue looks so good. I like those wheels too - great compromise from the 21" harsh-ride I'm using now.

I'm around this Sunday if anyone is bored and wants to have a BEvERage in my garage and geek out LOL. I ordered a waterless car wash kit from Costco and it works pretty good. My paint is already so messed up after 1 month of car washes... :(

Anyways... let me know about Sunday.

Congrats, m1ker! Blue looks so good. I like those wheels too - great compromise from the 21" harsh-ride I'm using now.

I'm around this Sunday if anyone is bored and wants to have a BEvERage in my garage and geek out LOL. I ordered a waterless car wash kit from Costco and it works pretty good. My paint is already so messed up after 1 month of car washes... :(

Anyways... let me know about Sunday.
Would love to join but I'll be driving my beast back from vancouver after its front motor replacement. Hopefully We can do it again sometime.

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 74246Our car is now in production. Hoping for delivery the week or Mar23.
That's awesome! Let me know if you still want to see the excel wrap sometime.