Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla owner configurations begin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What about the online people???

If I had a choice of buying bitcoin or waiting in line...I would have waited in line!!!
I don't believe any online folks have been invited to configure (other than if you were a roadster owner etc.) yet. I reserved online as soon it opened, a Tesla owner from 2013 and live 1.5 miles from the factory!! I would think I would be in the first wave of online config invitations but that would mean figuring some logic in this - which I am sure only Tesla knows! I did get an offer to upgrade my 21 month old Model X couple of days ago!!

• Funny
Reactions: JenniferQ
I don't believe any online folks have been invited to configure (other than if you were a roadster owner etc.) yet. I reserved online as soon it opened, a Tesla owner from 2013 and live 1.5 miles from the factory!! I would think I would be in the first wave of online config invitations but that would mean figuring some logic in this - which I am sure only Tesla knows! I did get an offer to upgrade my 21 month old Model X couple of days ago!!
just got mine ... see above post

I'm hoping you are going to pass on that 2nd, would be kind of lame to take 2 while 400,000 other wait.

But hopefully his means a fresh batch of invites have gone out.

I'm hoping they only offered him the second because production is ramping up and they figured it won't make much of a difference if he does or doesn't take it (and that the production ramp makes that true).

Last edited:
Curious, what do your estimates show for first production and dual motor?

Tax credit is the reason. If I don't get this year, I would rather get a later production car. I hate having to gamble.
We will likely know by the end of next week if the tax credit is staying in next year, if things progress the way they are right now. I definitely wanted my tax credit this year but since that's not gonna happen I'm just hoping it will be there next year. If not, I'm still buying the same car because I need the long range and I want the premium upgrade.

We will likely know by the end of next week if the tax credit is staying in next year, if things progress the way they are right now. I definitely wanted my tax credit this year but since that's not gonna happen I'm just hoping it will be there next year. If not, I'm still buying the same car because I need the long range and I want the premium upgrade.
same here... I REALLY wanted the tax credit this year. Oh well. I'll still get the LR+PUP though, but I'll delay buying a couple months to pay some taxes! (yay self employment)

It would be nice to get the tax credit for next year still, but not counting on it. Even if they don't pass anything next week, they can make the law retroactive (though the further into 2018 they get, the less likely they'd make it retroactive).

Reactions: Shygar