Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla NAIAS Preview Event

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It appears that Michigan owners are the people being invited. This decision of who to invite by TM certainly can be because of those owner's proximity to the show but could also be to have some 'voters' there to discuss the way Michigan, and vis-a-vis, other states are passing legislation preventing their direct sales model.

I believe this is in the realm of possibilities.

Of course, I am choosing to withhold the exact time and meeting location.

I agree. I do not believe these invites were for general public consumption. Specifically targeted for Michigan-based owners (as pointed out by AlMc).

Don't expect any announcements, certainly not a model X reveal! You know that's now how Tesla does things. This event is likely just a nice get together for local owners and probably some legislators will be invited too-- like the party Tesla had in Austin during Formula 1 race weekend.

As a recently new Tesla owner here in Michigan, I received one of these invites. Trying to decide if it will be worth it for me to make the 2+ hour trek over to Detroit for this event on Monday and staying overnight in a hotel so I can be focused on some important telephone/Webex meetings scheduled throughout the day on Tuesday before the event. Any thoughts from those of you with more experience with this kind of thing coming from Tesla?

To all who received an invitation for this event:

Even if there they will not be making any kind of announcements there, it still is a very nice oppertunity to ask some good quality questions to Elon Musk and/or all the other Tesla employees.

And for this reason alone already I would advise all who received the invitation to attend the event. I am sure everybody must have some questions on his/her mind that they would like to ask.

Well, you just got lucky by receiving this invitation. Don't let this chance slip through your fingers. Be well prepared when you go there, just write down the questions that you want to ask at the event.

Here are some good quality questions:

A lot of people already have a reservation for the Tesla Model X. In which month of 2015 will these people be able to configure their Tesla Model X, and change their reservation into an order?

In what year will Tesla Motors unveil a concept of the Tesla Model 3, in 2015 or in 2016?

In what year will Tesla Motors introduce a third model on the current skateboard platform (currently used for the Tesla Model S and the Tesla Model X)?

In 2014 about 270 Supercharger stations went live. How about 2015? How many Supercharger stations will go live in 2015 (approximately)?

The current Supercharger stations are 135KW. When will there be a next generation more powerful Supercharger station (maybe 150KW?)?

I am sure there will be many more.

Enjoy the event.

Hello Everyone!

If anyone has a spare invite or can bring a guest, PLEASE consider me! I am driving to Detroit that weekend for Public day to cover the show for my YouTube Channel. If anyone here can bring a guest and has no one to bring, please let me know! I would be very very very Grateful!

Hi everyone--
I'm a 2014 Model S owner from Michigan but I am temporarily residing in Virginia for a few years, so while my registration address is my Michigan residence, my shipping address is my Virginia residence. Nevertheless, I still spend a few months a year in Michigan and was a bit upset that I wasn't invited to the Tesla NAIAS preview event. Does anyone have any idea of how I could go about getting access to the event?

Thanks,
Daniel

To all who received an invitation for this event:

Even if there they will not be making any kind of announcements there, it still is a very nice oppertunity to ask some good quality questions to Elon Musk and/or all the other Tesla employees.

And for this reason alone already I would advise all who received the invitation to attend the event. I am sure everybody must have some questions on his/her mind that they would like to ask.

Well, you just got lucky by receiving this invitation. Don't let this chance slip through your fingers. Be well prepared when you go there, just write down the questions that you want to ask at the event.

Here are some good quality questions:

A lot of people already have a reservation for the Tesla Model X. In which month of 2015 will these people be able to configure their Tesla Model X, and change their reservation into an order?

In what year will Tesla Motors unveil a concept of the Tesla Model 3, in 2015 or in 2016?

In what year will Tesla Motors introduce a third model on the current skateboard platform (currently used for the Tesla Model S and the Tesla Model X)?

In 2014 about 270 Supercharger stations went live. How about 2015? How many Supercharger stations will go live in 2015 (approximately)?

The current Supercharger stations are 135KW. When will there be a next generation more powerful Supercharger station (maybe 150KW?)?

I am sure there will be many more.

Enjoy the event.

Please make a recording of the event.

Please make a recording of the event.
I already am set with all my equipment. I will be doing multiple updates DURING the event, as well as a full recording of the event after it's ended. I will post in the video section. I have now heard a rumor from a certain someone in Fremont that the Model III will be shown, not the X. Like I say, Rumor, but its a "more reliable" source.

I already am set with all my equipment. I will be doing multiple updates DURING the event, as well as a full recording of the event after it's ended. I will post in the video section. I have now heard a rumor from a certain someone in Fremont that the Model III will be shown, not the X. Like I say, Rumor, but its a "more reliable" source.

"I will be doing multiple updates DURING the event, as well as a full recording of the event after it's ended. I will post in the video section."

Wow, I couldn't ask for more.

That would be great.

I am already looking forward to it.

Thank you very much.

Not gonna happen. But I hope I am wrong.