Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Motors only $9 million in bank?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, ValleyWag broke the news about the $9 million dollars. But the rest of the quote mentions the "Tesla Motors fan club website" -- I can't imagine they consider ValleyWag a Tesla Motors fan club. Are there more Tesla fan club sites than this one? Were they referencing us or someone else?

Yes, ValleyWag broke the news about the $9 million dollars. But the rest of the quote mentions the "Tesla Motors fan club website" -- I can't imagine they consider ValleyWag a Tesla Motors fan club. Are there more Tesla fan club sites than this one? Were they referencing us or someone else?

Sorry graham, I'm guilty of not reading your whole post. The formatting of this thread is wider than my narrow notebook display and I didn't scroll.

Yes, I think you're right about them referring to TMC. There are one or two other Tesla sites, but TMC is the most active one I'm aware of.

Tesla Motors getting new money

Are they talking about us? Or is there a different web site?
It appears the author is talking about us, but I have no idea where he gets the 11 Roadsters figure. The whole article is poorly written; rife with grammatical errors, typos, and factual errors. He even refers to the Roadster as a hybrid, so it's hard to be concerned about any assertions this guy makes. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Graham/dpeilow: Yes it is a good writeup, it also manages to repeat the names of the real Tesla founders which is good.

Iz: I would probably be stupid enough to do a $5000 deposit on the Whitestar sight unseen, but I doubt they would want to do that. That sort of puts them in the same league as Zap. Or people can claim that, and they need all the credibility they can get right now (Tesla that is).

Cobos

Don't hold your breath over TTAC!

The Truth About Cars weighs in, of course with a negative spin:
Tesla Death Watch 34: Convertible and Carefree. Or is that Car-Free? | The Truth About Cars

And if you aren’t already bearish on Tesla, consider that the latest round of financing comes in the form of convertible debt. This financing option is described here, but the major benefits to Tesla are that it does not have to place a value on the struggling firm (can you say “upside down?”) and it protects early “angel” investors. What we don’t know is what the “trigger” for this convertible debt is, whether it is filling a specific number of orders, reaching certain financial goals, or what. Whatever the trigger is, whenever it happens, the folks who just ponied up $40m better hope Tesla is in much better shape when that debt converts to equity. If the debt ever converts to equity. Ultimately this news is only good for one category of filth people: lawyers. Convertible debt is notorious for requiring near constant legal oversight. Whatever it takes, right?

I wonder if there could ever be any Tesla news that would not cause them to think negatively of it? In any case, it is interesting to hear an opposing point of view.