Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla moments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now you made me Google it.

Apparently not.

Different states, and the company took the name first.

One of the accounts said someone who recently moved from Wisconsin suggested the name after the company. The name was accepted in 1949, so I could see that happening.

Some old-timers believe that all won; others that the Wisconsin man won. Actually, there were two winners, each of whom received a $25 check. One was the Wisconsin man, who simply borrowed the name from a popular brand

One of the accounts said someone who recently moved from Wisconsin suggested the name after the company. The name was accepted in 1949, so I could see that happening.

Sorry.

When I responded I wasn't thinking about the part of your sentence that said "some other connection somehow", but was rather responding only to the part about whether the company was named after the town.

(I had seen similar stuff about the town possibly being named based on the company name.)

And this is how thread-drift happens! :)

Wow, a Land O Lakes discussion and I wasn't even here! One thing is for sure, we've got a lot of lakes.

LOLMap.JPG

Oh, and I had a random model S sighting here a couple nights ago. Oops, wrong thread. :D

Reactions: hiroshiy
"Summon" provided a Tesla Moment for me yesterday.

I had just finished buying a gallon of conversion varnish at Sherwin Williams industrial division when the counter guy gestured out the window at my MS and said "I noticed you drove up in a Tesla. I really love that car." "Thanks," I said, "Wanna see the latest trick it can do?"

I then pulled out my Fob and, while still standing at the counter, backed Max out of the parking space using the Summon command. Immediately there were shouts from the adjoining office "Hey, that car is moving with no one in it!" and two guys came rushing out. After I explained, one of them asked if I would do it again for the guys in back and he proceeded to call the rest of the crew to come see.

Lots of laughs and questions ensued.

Reactions: ikjadoon
My moment:

To give you an ideal how much I follow Tesla, I use to google search the hell out of Tzero in college instead of studying.

So to my amazement when "I was going to own the first Tesla in Canada" I was working for a 4 week stint in Manitoba and driving outside of Winnipeg I saw a orange Tesla roadster. I'm not sure the exact timeframe but the model S was still slightly more then a white star rumor.

I was so crushed

(and still have no Tesla car only shares)

Reactions: rabar10
I was on an empty two-lane road last night coming home from work (both lanes going in the same direction - not opposite). A couple in a red P85D pulled up along side me at speed - the woman was driving. We nodded to each other, smiling politely. Then, as if instinctively, we both just punched it for about a 1/4 of a mile. We both stopped at the next red light and all three of us were laughing like school children. They then went their way and I went mine but that exchange made my day.

• Love
Reactions: ikjadoon
I took my 4-days-since-delivery Model S to Vegas for the weekend. Stayed at Bally's (which apparently doesn't have much beyond a wall plug) but one of the valets was actually thanking me that he was able to drive one, while I heard a few oohs and aahs from a few others waiting for their cars. Then while stopped at a light on the strip a woman give me two thumbs up, yelling nice car, but I'm pretty sure she was about five sheets to the wind. :)

I ended up spending almost my entire trip at the Cosmopolitan, which has two Tesla HPWC literally right outside the valet pickup. When I went to pick it up, they handed me my key and told me it was all charged (which I already knew :p) and ready right outside the "lobby" doors. I just had to pack my luggage and unplug then I was on my way. No waiting for someone to bring my car out, which was actually pretty nice.

One full month of owning the Model S 85D. Every single day something happens due to the fact that there aren't a lot of Teslas around these parts. Today, passing by, kids shout "LOOK! IT'S A TESLA!"
At IKEA, while charging, lots of people staring. Tried to engage and explain. The majority ran away. One Chinese person says no to engaging in conversation but gets closer and closer to listen to the explanation I am giving to my friend on how the D has two motors, where they are located and how good and fabulous the car is. The Chinese person gets so close that it really is a bit embarrassing. Hope he got all the info.
I guess they ran away because they were hoping to see a German car and they ended to see a "T". So they thought it was some sort of Japanese car... You and me, we know that most of Portuguese people have only eyes for some German brands (and they buy a lot of them as signal of social recognition for wealthy people here), and the fact your are charging it's not a good thing for most of Portuguese car guys. For these, electric cars are for pussies. Fortunately, this way of thinking is changing, smoothly but surely. Here, in Ourém, there is more and more people interested in electric car and some are already waiting for the III and others are waiting for Tesla superchargers and service centre here in Portugal to order a Model S!

Except it's not "laugh out loud" Rick... The LoL is capitalized like that for a reason... It's where he lives!

I did notice the lowercase o, but deduced Rick was an avid videogamer! Which wouldn't make my lame joke attempt any better.

(I get replies of "lol rick" all the time - His Name Is My Name Too, to quote the song that will now be stuck in our heads. [emoji87] )

Tesla Moment for today was at Lexus service department (hey they have comp. breakfast) for Pearlie May's state inspection. Was like a gauntlet of "what IS that?" "how do I turn it on?" and finishing up with "sorry, sir, you're right, we can't charge you for the emissions test after all, it will be $7.75, not $25..."
IOW, same as last year. Will go again (hey, breakfast tacos) next year.

So today is the 33rd day of hot weather in Sydney Australia where the maximum temperature is above 26 Deg C (78 deg F), often a lot higher and the weather forecaster is saying it has at least another week to go. I visited a client this morning with iPad problems. He is a senior lawyer in a legal practice on many times my salary and was making small talk regarding the weather. He doesn't know what car I drive, or much about me at all but in the end he said, "I'm not going to be so soft with all my climate denying friends, I'm going to buy one of those new Tesla's and show them that there are real alternatives". So I felt obliged to say "Yes they're fantastic cars". "Have you driven one?" he asked. I don't normally disclose to clients that I'm a Model S owner but I thought it dishonest to stay silent now. "I drive a Model S" I said quietly. This was followed by 20 seconds of silence followed by "YOU OWN A MODEL S!" that probably could be heard throughout the office. We then had a long detailed conversation Tesla, Elon and his house renovations that will now include extra capacity for an EV in the garage. In the end though he is more interested in the Model 3 so I showed him the website and showed him where to create an account to order his Model 3 on April 1 in Australia.