Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model Y-LR in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, the power scales with velocity cubed, so you're using 33% more power, but travelling 10% further in the same time, so using 21% more energy per unit distance.
Thanks. For those nerds who are looking for the basis of this calculation, here is the link: Drag (physics) - Wikipedia
b932012104d3739e8e98daa43ddf5380d3c46f0b

I've had my order in for our MYLR for over a week now. Just wondering how long it takes to find out about estimated delivery. Any ideas? I'm guessing they introduced the LR to Britain in February 2022 and kept Aus out of the loop until initial surge in demand for RHV dropped. I wanna know LOL.

I've had my order in for our MYLR for over a week now. Just wondering how long it takes to find out about estimated delivery. Any ideas? I'm guessing they introduces the LR to Britain and kept Aus out of the loop until supply caught up with demand for RHV. A tad frustrating.

10 Days for me and still showing TBD, I agree, it is frustrating. Surely they have some LR models already made or in production.

Reactions: Power Hungry
I've had my order in for our MYLR for over a week now. Just wondering how long it takes to find out about estimated delivery. Any ideas? I'm guessing they introduced the LR to Britain in February 2022 and kept Aus out of the loop until initial surge in demand for RHV dropped. I wanna know LOL.
Still TBD here too

Almost expected the LR to the released after seeing the number of unsold MYPs in inventory for so long. Same vehicle apart from wheels and suspension (maybe diff rear motor?) so makes sense to swap over production of the unused cells

Theres still hope to get a VIN for May delivery

Reactions: Power Hungry
Still TBD here too

Almost expected the LR to the released after seeing the number of unsold MYPs in inventory for so long. Same vehicle apart from wheels and suspension (maybe diff rear motor?) so makes sense to swap over production of the unused cells

Theres still hope to get a VIN for May delivery
I was under the impression the suspension has been changed over to the same comfort suspension now aswell?

I am still not sure of the value of the LR. $13k extra for not that much of a gain in range. I know there is the extra motor and extra power, which I don’t really care about in an SUV like model Y. Most other manipulators include other extra equipments in their more expensive models, but not Tesla.

I am still not sure of the value of the LR. $13k extra for not that much of a gain in range. I know there is the extra motor and extra power, which I don’t really care about in an SUV like model Y. Most other manipulators include other extra equipments in their more expensive models, but not Tesla.
Depends entirely on your use case. The selling point for me was having AWD. Not having to put chains on in the snow the majority of the time was worth it on its own. The acceleration boost is a nice to have for me. The range addon is actually he least most important thing there for me.

Reactions: Punchbuggy
I drive ~320km for work once a week. Not having to think about charging it on the way when "trip mode" is enabled on the battery is a bonus. Beyond the AWD, extra power and a slightly faster charge rate, the only visual extra you get with MY-LR is LED fog lights. A more in-depth analysis of Australian Model Y by Tesla Tom can be found here:
After evaluating his use case, he decided to retain his RWD order.

Asked my SA about the TBD timeframe this morning and their answer was that it will still be the same timeframe as on the website (May-June)

I am still not sure of the value of the LR. $13k extra for not that much of a gain in range.

Definitely get the RWD version

It's not just 13k extra but also increased power consumption and insurance. If you need convincing to get the LR for it's marginal benefits then it's not the right car.
RWD is still quick especially once moving

Reactions: iNcHeS